My second grow and liking it more

iminadaze

Hello everyone.

This is my second time around. I took this clone from a plant that hermie'd on me from my first grow. I decided to grow her out to see if she will hermie also because I believe that I could have stressed the doner a time or two... Ok maybe more, but it was my first time :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am growing her in a 5 gallon hempy bucket of perlite and vermiculite she has been in there since the beginning. She is fed by Osmocote plus which has been in the mix since she was planted so I just give her plain water. I added 1tablespoon of triple phosphate prills into the top of the mix about two weeks into flowering. All I can say now is that I may never use soil again. She has no deficiancies and stands at a stout 3 feet :cheesygrinsmiley:

It is really easy.

I never expected her to get that big. and if she grows anymore than a foot I am in trouble.

Check her out, she puts a nice smile on my face everyday.

Picture_03019.jpg

Picture_02530.jpg

Picture_02421.jpg

Yoyoyo dizzle.. She looks like a queen my man!! Nice work... Are you just using cfls for sidelighting? So she is soil-less huh? How is it working? Looks great?
:ciao:

Hey, thanks Vince.

When I topped her awhile back her shutes took off. Now her branches are so spaced apart that the one 400w HPS just isn't reaching as well as I would like so I added nine cfl's, six 23w two 40w and one 65w, all 2700k. As soon as Irene passes over my lil town I am ordering another 400w setup to go in my flower room with this one. Truth is no matter how many HID lights I use I will likely keep putting in the cfl's just because I have them and have nothing else to do with them.

About the soil-less. I have to say that being new to growing I do have some problems with my soil grows. My tap water is no good with the TA at 80-90 ppm and TH at 200 ppm so PH down doesn't help much. I try to catch rainwater as much as possible but it's never enough. bottled water costs too much for the amount that I use. With the hempy bucket I was setting the PH until I learned that my water was just raising the PH within a 24 hour period. Now I just pour in plain tap water, which is 7.5
and I don't even gas off the chlorine anymore and the hempy grows and grows with out any problems whatsoever.
I would assume that it is because It doesn't hold the water as the soil does and the water is what is raising the ph of my soil. I like soil grows and am going to work it out so I can use soil again. I figure if I can get the right amount of peat and or driftwood in the soil mix and get some r/o water to mix with my tap to get the TA around 40 ppm then I wont have to adjust the PH of the water at all, cuz the soil will bring it down to where I want it instead of bringing the ph up.

Looking forward to the buds development. Looks fantastic.

Hey Twelve12...

It's encouraging words like yours that has kept me reading here and striving to learn what my plants are telling me.

So thanks for noticing, Your compliment is what makes me succeed, and look like this :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thanks:

I had considered pulling the sacks off if she hermies, but I have a feeling I won't get them all.

Wow dizz my girls are about a couple of days behind yours....like a day off of a full moon you know? It looks like you took a pic of mine..ive got 10 girls this time..and my sativas look like twins...with yours..keep it up my man your a pro now...:high-five:

Thanks Vince.

For two people who haven't been growing all that long we sure are doing things right IMO! :high-five:

I went shopping today and treated my plants to something better than what thet are used to. I spent more than I wanted to but I know it's worth it in the end. Check it out.

Picture_0676.jpg

Dizzle i wish we lived closer we could have split our supplies.....hey my man one quickie???? Since weve got the same grow going....i woke up this morning and noticed ive got one of my flowers.(remember we are at the same stage)....that has overnight(sun-up)...burnt or browned the pistols...almost melted away...i have ten plants and not one other flower was like that..not even on the same plant..nor is it that close to the light (maybe 14" away).. Should i snip it off bro? What would you do my man? Thanx

Dizzle i wish we lived closer we could have split our supplies.....hey my man one quickie???? Since weve got the same grow going....i woke up this morning and noticed ive got one of my flowers.(remember we are at the same stage)....that has overnight(sun-up)...burnt or browned the pistols...almost melted away...i have ten plants and not one other flower was like that..not even on the same plant..nor is it that close to the light (maybe 14" away).. Should i snip it off bro? What would you do my man? Thanx

That is how I found out that my plant hermie'd cuz once pollinated the pistils do what you described. But I have also noticed that if I mist a little too heavy the pistils will get a little browning at the tips.

If there is a possibility that she hermie'd then look at the bottom of the buds for the sack, that is where I found mine. Look real good cuz those things are hidden pretty well.

Awesome new items iminadaze! Do you use molasses with soil?

I have not, but I have read about the benefits of using it and would like to give it a try.

I also have never used an organic soil before only pro-mix which I have used up until now.

Is there a specific brand molasses I should look for or will any "natural" molasses work?

I have not, but I have read about the benefits of using it and would like to give it a try.

I also have never used an organic soil before only pro-mix which I have used up until now.

Is there a specific brand molasses I should look for or will any "natural" molasses work?

Any brand will do, they just need to have "unsulphured" listed somewhere on the label.

Any brand will do, they just need to have "unsulphured" listed somewhere on the label.

Thanks Twelve12 That is what I needed to know. I will pick some up for my soil grows which are still in veg for 2-3 weeks. If I could ask one more question of you about the molasses. When should I start using it?

Ok, just one more question. Can I use it in my hempy bucket or is it not recommended? Thanks again.

Thanks for the info Twelve12. I am going pick some up and use it in my next soil grow. I will also do another hempy and use it in there. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I have only done hempy grows twice and never tried anything organic in them.

Dizzle how they lookin...... Let's see um.....??? :ciao:

Here is a few updated pics, and so far she has remained 100% female :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have followed the advice of Twelve12 and got me some B. rabbit molasses and have been using it for over a week. I already see the difference in the swelling of the buds (not sure it's from the molasses but I like it). also if I graze my finger across a leaf with trich's on it my finger gets sticky ( am sure that is from the molasses and I like it). Thanks for the tip Twelve12, it works great in hempy's... and no bugs to boot! :thumb:

I will try when the lights go out to get some closeup pics of the buds to show the swelling...It's so nice.

Picture_02819.jpg

Picture_03218.jpg

Picture_03416.jpg

She is almost 4 weeks in flower. this is the largest bud on her and some of the others are not far behind.

Picture_04815.jpg

I will continue to use the bulb for size reference in updated pics. It is a 400w MH bulb... I know, you knew that. lol

Back
Top Bottom