My shortest crop: Buds galore but I have a question or two

first i'm getting an xs1000 to start some seedlings and then to keep some clones. i think.
I love my (2) XS1500. I got a 2000 as well, it is not as bright as the 1500. To do it over I would have 3 or 4 of the 1500. They all have a dimmer knob with instructions for distance and power output.
I read the intensity of my lamps my contribute to some of the plants growing without pistils. Genetics is important but not the only thang to influence the bang.

ok first wow
never seen anybody with a garden that nice dissapointed in it
them plants will fill out nicely between now and harvest time if you just feed them
lots of energy(light) and nutrients
personally I would give them a round of Black strap Molasses and some
water for a day or two and see how they look.
volcano, best purchase EVER
minimal bud maximum HIGGGGHHHHH I mean I get it, that thing will scare
you if you are not prepared for what it will produce
Good luck, be patient, them plants look great other than a bit hungry
Volcano, would this work for someone who does not smoke and cant handle inhaling anything stinky. I dare say if she can detect anything it will be a hard sell. Is a Volcano a possibility for her to "smoke"?

A volcano is a vaporizer, it uses hot air and a glass bowl set up like a hookah or you can fill balloons and pass them around.
I use an Airizer brand volcano it cost me about 140 delivered from their website direct.
It makes the smoke so mellow and NOT harsh, that it's very easy to use.
and you can easily attach the bag to a bubbler and make it smoother. its why i got my first arizer, then herbalizer than volcano. using the bag is great for those of us who easily cough.

i need a few things from good ole amazon

Roundup 190260 Lawn and Garden Sprayer, 2 Gallon​

1641149575125.png

i know these lower cost sprayers arent the best but this looks better than most. it'll give me more control over my watering/feeding. i think! maybe.

after reading through some of the great threads around here (buds buddy is a champ) i need to up my game a bit. newer nutes are new to me, LEDs, different number of plants, no availaability of store bought clones so i'll make my own. it will all depend on my dry yield weight of this batch.

thank god there are only about 300 genetics i want to try.

i need a few things from good ole amazon

Roundup 190260 Lawn and Garden Sprayer, 2 Gallon​

1641149575125.png

i know these lower cost sprayers arent the best but this looks better than most. it'll give me more control over my watering/feeding. i think! maybe.

after reading through some of the great threads around here (buds buddy is a champ) i need to up my game a bit. newer nutes are new to me, LEDs, different number of plants, no availaability of store bought clones so i'll make my own. it will all depend on my dry yield weight of this batch.

thank god there are only about 300 genetics i want to try.
The roundup sprayer is the best of the smaller sprayers. I've purchased a bunch of small sprayers and my roundup sprayer is definitely the best one of the bunch.

The roundup sprayer is the best of the smaller sprayers. I've purchased a bunch of small sprayers and my roundup sprayer is definitely the best one of the bunch.
i've gotten more exercise in the last 2 months than in the last 2 years. if i get in better shape, it's because of the miracle weed.

i've gotten more exercise in the last 2 months than in the last 2 years. if i get in better shape, it's because of the miracle weed.
I bought a watering/sprayer. NOT for watering, it wont give you enough volume. Sprayer only. I gravity feed mine from the shelf in the tent. I put a 5 gallon pail up there. I got a 10' 1/4"tubing from the hardware store. Strap it to the inside of the bucket and suck it like siphoning gasoline, that's the same as petrol OK. LOL

i just ordered 5 Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Feminized, and 1 freebie of the same. that and i have three beans from barneys farms (G13 haze).

Genotype 80% Sativa / 20% Indica
Strain Genetics: G13/Hawaiian sativa
An ideal hybrid for those seeking a potent and flavorsome daytime strain.

Girl Scout Cookies Feminized Seeds

Plant type80% Sativa
Are you looking for a great ‘end of day' high? Girl Scout Cookies Extreme is a more indica-leaning phenotype of Girl Scout Cookies with higher THC! Don't confuse this strain with the less potent Girl Scout Cookies. This extreme strain is a hybrid of OG Kush and Durban Poison.

i love GSC but in my area, finding GSC buds is impossible. lots of GSC concentrates but i'm a bud man. concentrates alone don't get me to that warm and fuzzy place i call home. buds rule. the reviews of this genetic are great, so if indeed it's GSC only better. i'm going to be growing it for awhile.

i also like blending some strains to see what's up. it's usually very nice. 50/50. so instead of two highs, i'll have three.

i had to buy these beauties. it was calling me.
you don't need that money!
buy me you some of a bitch!

1641247266702.jpeg

so, um, i was going to spend 150 to 250 on weed today. then i got high. still makes me laugh but i love this high from these immature buds. so i cut the smallest. my first harvest in years. :rofl:

my first estimate of these short buggers was 1/2 oz average per plant. i'm so happy that i was so wrong. i'll easily pull 8 oz total , which will take me 4 months to vape. just enough time to have the new crop ready with another week or 2.

i always estimate low so i don't get disappointed, like when i weighed my first crop wet - 24 OZ??? 24!!!! YEAH, it dried down to 8. nice but what a let down. :)

i know it's the oddest thing but i got 105 gr wet, so 35ish dry weight minus the leaf trimming of say 4 grams or less, i got an oz out of her. i'm not a new grower so i understand the weight it could have reached but i truly don't care. i gots weed and if i bought this stuff that for whatever reason, hits the spot, i''d be happy with it. maybe the combo of terps that i prefer starting with my favorite Beta-Caryophyllene /people usually leave the beta off for some reason and limoene. it's freaking me out. in a good way. the rest will be ready in 25 days or so wheather they are ready or not.

today, the day of sacrifice, is day 40.

i don't know who is who so i'll just enjoy what they give me. the second i cut them, i'm planting three G-13 and three girl scout cookie EXTREME!!!! makes me laugh ; as will the buzz to come.

the three things i look for in weed are, in order -

the high
the high
and, the high.

all the rest is gravy

1641247266702.jpeg

so, um, i was going to spend 150 to 250 on weed today. then i got high. still makes me laugh but i love this high from these immature buds. so i cut the smallest. my first harvest in years. :rofl:

my first estimate of these short buggers was 1/2 oz average per plant. i'm so happy that i was so wrong. i'll easily pull 8 oz total , which will take me 4 months to vape. just enough time to have the new crop ready with another week or 2.

i always estimate low so i don't get disappointed, like when i weighed my first crop wet - 24 OZ??? 24!!!! YEAH, it dried down to 8. nice but what a let down. :)

i know it's the oddest thing but i got 105 gr wet, so 35ish dry weight minus the leaf trimming of say 4 grams or less, i got an oz out of her. i'm not a new grower so i understand the weight it could have reached but i truly don't care. i gots weed and if i bought this stuff that for whatever reason, hits the spot, i''d be happy with it. maybe the combo of terps that i prefer starting with my favorite Beta-Caryophyllene /people usually leave the beta off for some reason. it's freaking me out. in a good way. the rest will be ready in 25 days or so wheather they are ready or not.

today, the day of sacrifice, is day 40.

i don't know who is who so i'll just enjoy what they give me. the second i cut them, i'm planting three G-13 and three girl scout cookie EXTREME!!!! makes me laugh ; as will the buzz to come.

the three things i look for in weed are, in order -

the high
the high
and, the high.

all the rest is gravy
Yeah, those fresh buds are fun. Then it cures and is more intoxicating. That has been my experience.
" it's freaking me out. in a good way." What's the freak?

You make gravy from weed, cool. Ma, we gonna need more potatoes!

Yeah, those fresh buds are fun. Then it cures and is more intoxicating. That has been my experience.
" it's freaking me out. in a good way." What's the freak?

You make gravy from weed, cool. Ma, we gonna need more potatoes!
the freak out involves being able to grow a crop that hits the spot in under 40 daays in flower. i now know it's possible. it would cut my time between crops quite a bit. not for everybody, if my buds told me they did this i'd laugh, but i'm toasty , happy and i got money to boot. yee haaa

the freak out involves being able to grow a crop that hits the spot in under 40 daays in flower. i now know it's possible. it would cut my time between crops quite a bit. not for everybody, if my buds told me they did this i'd laugh, but i'm toasty , happy and i got money to boot. yee haaa
40 days gets you the effect you like, is that it? Or do you have a "secret sauce"? Smoking the early samples I take a few hits and stand up with a rush of energy and GO. As it matured I stand up with a head rush and hold on to something, big difference. Fresh buds are fun.

Even the day old rapid dry buds are smooth, except the GSC. The GSC stayed more lush with vegetation throughout the grow. She is a hungry girl. I found her to be very robust. I got this strain because of the flavors claimed. So far all the other buds taste better. I only grew the one, maybe she need to be flushed sooner.
Your GSC change color with lower temps, mine may have done the same thing because of a cold snap we had. All things happened at the same time for me, lower temps, lowered pH, double overdosed magnesium twice. I think it was 2 Tablespoons per 3 gallons on back to back feeds, I really damaged my plants and they still rocked.

sugar leaves have sugar. and the buds are becoming colas. little colas but colas none the less! 24ish days to go.

1641330486753.jpeg

1641330546286.jpeg

1641330781121.jpeg

1641330816031.jpeg

i will probably chaange my mind but instead of 6 plants in flower, i think i'll try four next time. i've never allowed much if aany space between plants as they were taller than wide and i would just use large twist tie strings or some other ingenious method to encircle the unruly ladies, but with the LEDs i think i'll give it a try to open up some space so the lower bits can get some fake sunlight and not touch each other, just out of curiousity.

i'm going to go for taller and not as wide. maybe. :yummy:

ordered an xs1000 this morning. got it a few hours later. now i need to actually clean out the closet from my last grow so long ago. still have the 250 watt , HID veg light hanging in there.

another reason why i love pot.

i went to the kitchen to make some coffee.
i grabbed some grapes and went back to the bedroom to watch tv/play around on the laptop.
awhile later, i thought, mmm, coffee!
crap, no coffee.
duh.
i make coffee
back to playing
long time later, i remember that i have coffee
pour it, sugar it up like a civilized human
went back to playing
forgot about it until it was cold
microwaved it.
just finished.

took over an hour from, i would like some hot, delicious coffee, to drinking a cup of coffee.

thought it was funny.

i took a couple small buds from each plant. testing is going well. :volcano-smiley:

so far, the girl i cut is dry enough to almost grind it. down and dirty dry...aka drying it like this is your first time and the internet doesn't exist.

the taste, is barely there aand all things considered, it could be aa lot worse.
the smell, wow does it suck. :lot-o-toke:

the high is still good. a 6 on the scale. i don't get it either but again and again i find myself thinking; this is a nice high. the blend of all 3 genetics was aa 7.

to me a 10 is thai from the 70s and a 1 is some of that nasty mexican dirt weed. mexico had some great genetics but the commercial stuff got you high but you had to smoke a whole lot.

looks,,, ehh. i could sell it.

all in all, for not having any bud to having this stuff in my volcano i rate it a 10 as a nice high is 10 times better than no high.

speaking of witch, i have some box wine and newly minted ice cubes.
YES, i like cubes in my wine. fuck you!

i haven't had more than a beer or glass of wine since my 20s. i only ordered it because my useless grocery delivery people keep leaving the food somewhere else and keeping my money for 10 to 40 days. so i order booze and the bastards have to knock. i outsmarted their messed up system and scored a wine buzz. win/win.

just ordered a cheap elec microscope. my old timey scope doesn't have a good light or plug into my laptop.

ordered at noon, will be here in a few hours. love it!

crap, i should have ordered somme munchies too.

i'm vaping 2 grams of my early buds a day which is exactly what i was going though with the 250$ store bought stuff.

i'll be out in a few days so i'm eyeing the next victim. hence the new scope. :ganjamon:

1641669157564.png

Back
Top Bottom