My shortest crop: Buds galore but I have a question or two

i've just improved on the wet buds in the volcano. i found my pot grinder. it grinds up the budlets very well and now they can be vaped even sooner. with more sticky older buds, it might not work as well but we shall see.

i should write to those german bastards

well f me. my retirement check won't come in until jan THREE! fuckers. no new bud for 4 days. waterboard me for 5 minutes or 4 more days without...i'd have to think aboot it.

fortunately, the immature budlets are still working and i have enough for today and maybe a bit tomorrow. it actually gets me so nicely high that i turn off the volcano and just ride the high as i don't want or need to get higher.

no joke, once i get enough bud to relax and not worry about needing bud for a few months, i shall cut down one plant at 33ish days. it's just a really nice wake and bake/sit in the backyard and listen to jazz and the birds. or the byrds.

i have no idea if one genetic's budlets are better than another, but by god i'm putting on my science type gear and getting on it

Me - yes, i cut them at 30 days

Other members - uh huh.

when i was a criminal, i used to always have a bunch of clones/seedlings going. plus a full room in flower.

1640970955739.png

now i'm allowed 6 plants total. this is not enough to play or experiment with. i need clones but can't find any stores that sell them. a month old clone will reduce my crops to once every 3 months vs once every 4 months. it's so weird to be legal but i like not wondering who is knock, knock, knocking on my front door.

i have three, barney's farm g-13 haze. i REALLY want to grow these but 60 to 90 days to flower. i'll have to think about this. no way i'm going 90 days until i have a decent stash.

i'm also thinking of getting an xs1000 and start some seedlings or take some clones and start them in a closet. just 2 or 3 at a time as i think i'm going to only try 4 plants next grow. i'm pretty sure i can come close to filling the tent if i grow them differently. 6 plants grown wider than tall is too crowded .

i've been looking for some new feminized genetics, i keep going back to the golden oldies and some newer favs - white widow, super silver haze, green crack, durban (poison) and on and on.

so many great genetics , so little room, time and money. :)

ok first wow
never seen anybody with a garden that nice dissapointed in it
them plants will fill out nicely between now and harvest time if you just feed them
lots of energy(light) and nutrients
personally I would give them a round of Black strap Molasses and some
water for a day or two and see how they look.
volcano, best purchase EVER
minimal bud maximum HIGGGGHHHHH I mean I get it, that thing will scare
you if you are not prepared for what it will produce
Good luck, be patient, them plants look great other than a bit hungry

I personally only LST in Veg. Right now your plants look like mine when I first flip to flower. About a foot tall & 2 foot diameter. Once I flip I let everything grow upward & my plants end up about 2.5' - 3' tall. I see no reason to LST in flower as the buds will put weight on the branches & bend them outward on their own. I may have to tie branches up due to weight; but no need to tie them down the way I see it.
13-702.JPG
13-724.JPG
13-746.JPG
13-753.JPG

The plant with all the sticks is a Re-Veg "Cherry On Top".
i want the next crop to be this size. taller. i need deets!

did you document this grow? i ask the question and then go search when i'm toasty. those are just what i'm looking for with the LEDs.

If you run four XS2000 lamps in a square pattern you could cover the whole canopy very evenly, and also turn down the power. The lights will run cooler, last longer and save a few bucks on electricity to boot.
I'm doing just that with two Bestva P2000 in a 2ft x 3ft closet and never had to run the lamps at more than half power.

makes me laugh at how nicely high i get off these budlets. just took some pics as this high brings out the arrrteest in me.

34 days in flower. i underfed them so i gave them a shot of everything a couple of days ago and totally soaked the bags. heavy buggers when full . i can never get the color of the pics to show what the plants actually look like. lights to high, not good, lights at 1/2 strength - no good, lights as low as they go , brightness wise, - no good. close but no ceegar

1640808606254.jpeg

should prob trim a bit more eh?
1640808679109.jpeg

1640808796778.jpeg

1640808907137.jpeg

damn, i had no idea they were still so messy near the soil. when i grew em tall and pretty, i didn't bother with trimming the popcorn buds as i am quite lazy in my personal life.

1640809093370.jpeg

my aching back. oy!
When your back is feeling better you should pull those lower popcorn buds. The LED's don't penetrate well. I have the same lights as you and the lower buds simply are not worth keeping. There is a more blue light in this lamp than HPS put out causing the shorter stockier plants. I think because they never stretch for blue light they will never be as tall. What worked best for me is leveling out the canopy to an extreme. 6"-8" canopy depth was my goal. I put my lights a bit closer @ 12"-16" in flower.
Stay hydrated with minerals (electrolytes), being dehydrated may be the number one thing to aggravate your back.

When your back is feeling better you should pull those lower popcorn buds. The LED's don't penetrate well. I have the same lights as you and the lower buds simply are not worth keeping. There is a more blue light in this lamp than HPS put out causing the shorter stockier plants. I think because they never stretch for blue light they will never be as tall. What worked best for me is leveling out the canopy to an extreme. 6"-8" canopy depth was my goal. I put my lights a bit closer @ 12"-16" in flower.
Stay hydrated with minerals (electrolytes), being dehydrated may be the number one thing to aggravate your back.

good information mak1. thankyou. my back feels good when i first wake up. it's downhill from there.

And, i am not drinking much water etc. i'll bump that up . :)

GUYS HELP!

OK, if there is a long branch, and it has some small buds all along the branch, would you cut off the lower budlets so the top cola will get larger due to the budlets being cut off or would you leave the budlets alone? cut the lower half of buddlets? i dunno.

i dont want to go crazy on the trimming. but i could use some more budlets to last me until jan 3rd.

AND

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

this little braanch wasn't getting much light so i cut her. for science.

1641068979288.jpeg

tell mme what you would cut.

1641069048230.jpeg

GUYS HELP!

OK, if there is a long branch, and it has some small buds all along the branch, would you cut off the lower budlets so the top cola will get larger due to the budlets being cut off or would you leave the budlets alone? cut the lower half of buddlets? i dunno.

i dont want to go crazy on the trimming. but i could use some more budlets to last me until jan 3rd.

AND

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

this little braanch wasn't getting much light so i cut her. for science.

1641068979288.jpeg

tell mme what you would cut.

1641069048230.jpeg

Hello @sstressed hope you had a good night.
It's hard to tell anything from the pics.
But I would stop fussing and picking at her.
Just let her do her thing.
BTW they go under the light. :laugh: :rofl:

Stay safe
Bill

i
If you run four XS2000 lamps in a square pattern you could cover the whole canopy very evenly, and also turn down the power. The lights will run cooler, last longer and save a few bucks on electricity to boot.
I'm doing just that with two Bestva P2000 in a 2ft x 3ft closet and never had to run the lamps at more than half power.
interesting idea. it would definitely cover any shady parts of the tent. thank you

first i'm getting an xs1000 to start some seedlings and then to keep some clones. i think.

1641071776297.jpeg

ok first wow
never seen anybody with a garden that nice dissapointed in it
them plants will fill out nicely between now and harvest time if you just feed them
lots of energy(light) and nutrients
personally I would give them a round of Black strap Molasses and some
water for a day or two and see how they look.
volcano, best purchase EVER
minimal bud maximum HIGGGGHHHHH I mean I get it, that thing will scare
you if you are not prepared for what it will produce
Good luck, be patient, them plants look great other than a bit hungry
i'm an only child. we whine a lot. :hookah:

i'm did about 1 tablespoon of mollasses per gallon last time. it's usually 2 tsp per g.
i overwatered and my humidity is too high. i'm an old time grower andd this new stuff takes some learning.

yeah i love my volcano. i got that glass bubbler that goes on top of the weed chamber too. nice and smooth

by the waay, my keyboard and aa couple of keys aare messed up. hence the aaaaa and lack of caapitals. i rarely use capitals as they are aa hassel and i'm real lazy.

i'm an only child. we whine a lot. :hookah:

i'm did about 1 tablespoon of mollasses per gallon last time. it's usually 2 tsp per g.
i overwatered and my humidity is too high. i'm an old time grower andd this new stuff takes some learning.

yeah i love my volcano. i got that glass bubbler that goes on top of the weed chamber too. nice and smooth
I have had great success doing some "chiropractic" adjustments to my plants. There is a YouTube thing out there. Combine this with bending, snapping and popping. Weeds are more forgiving than we give credit. It slows things down at first but in the end the results speak for themselves.
Maybe it was Bill talking about LST as in leaf surface temperature. Plants with LED's prefer around 80-85 degrees. It made a difference for me.

Back
Top Bottom