Name that deficiency! First grow

Osirus

420 Member
Ive seen this deficiency somewhere.. What is it??
CAM02974.jpg

Re: Name that deficiency! First grow.

ill say calcium
Have a great day I hope I was right

I just gave it cal/mg last watering at 1/2 tsp per gallon. Recommended feeding was 1 tsp per gallon.

Yeah that is calcium almost for certain. Potassium although similar in appearance has the brown start at the edge of the leaves serrations, while those started only near the edge.

To fix deficiencies foliar sprays work nicely, as root feeding takes a few days to fix the problem.

Also keep in mind those brown spots will never go away, so don't expect them to repair. As long as they do not get worse though you have fixed the problem.

Alright, 4 days ago i gave her half the recommend dose of cal/mg and biothrive. You think i would be ok to give her just a full dose of cal/mg on her next watering? Or would that open up nute burn? Seeing as id be nuting back to back this time.

instead try jimmy's suggestion of foliar feed if you don't wanna feed back to back

Alright, than one last question. Do i just mix the cal/mg into a gallon and pour that into a sprayer? Phd water ofcourse. I appreciate your help.

I guess i can not be lazy and google how to foliar feed lol.. I appreciate the help peeps.

foliar feeding is just using a spray bottle and misting it on the plant

Right, but you mix nutrient into the water the same way if you were to water soil right? Like mix 1 tsp per gallon. Spray on leaves. Do i mix cal/mg at full dose or half? Is foliar feeding more sensitive to nutes than root feeding?

i would just use half
see how it affects it before trying anymore

Ok so i have new problems what is going on with the purple leaves on top of the one? And on the other what is the brown spotting than yellowing and dying? Is the purple leaves a phospherous def? Or is it too cold of night temps? Its like 80 day/60 night. And is the brown spotting a magnesium defeciency on the other?
CAM03219.jpg
CAM03218.jpg

purple could be temps
I wouldn't worry about that
the other pic tho can you get one without the hps on so we can see the true colors

Alright thank you, i went and bought epsom salt and mixed 1/2 tsp per gallon than gave her a misting yesterday. I cant tell if its still spreading due to so much damage. Should i mist her every other day with epsom for the week? Or just leave it at the one treatment?

the older damaged leaves wont recover just make sure new growth is looking good

Back
Top Bottom