Necrosis spots on leaves and some brown tips

Sangmang

Spots like this showing up on a decent amount of fan leaves. I do have a couple thrips here and there but I know what their damage looks like and these spots aren't white like thrips usually leave. I am leaning towards salt build up on these. They are on week 5 veg from seed in 1gal coco. I have never watered to runoff and was only giving about 200ml daily until now I'm giving 400ml daily. Medium gets fairly dry 24hours after feeding. Feed is:
140ppm tapwater
to
200ppm calmag
to
Around 600ppm PH perf MGB
Occasionally add great white and voodoo juice
signal-2020-11-22-132226.jpg
signal-2020-11-22-132225.jpg

5.8ph

I hope im not asking too many questions on here. Thanks in advance.

Necrosis can also occur when lack of nutrients are not available.

Ya did mention ppm ratio & it might be time to increase it a little.

Mmm on a side note you might have an early sign of P - phosphorous def.

Apart from that, No signs of mildew ?

Necrosis can also occur when lack of nutrients are not available.

Ya did mention ppm ratio & it might be time to increase it a little.

Mmm on a side note you might have an early sign of P - phosphorous def.

Apart from that, No signs of mildew ?
Thanks for the info. I can't really tell, I guess I'm not totally sure what mildew looks like but it if its mildew than it must not be bad yet or else it would provably be obvious. I'll look into the P deficiency.

I increased my feed ppm to 750 last week for a feed and that's when I started noticing more brown spots so I assumed I burned them. Maybe was a coincidence tho?

Na no mildew bud that is mainly poor air flow with some RH issue that mostly appears as fine white powdery dusting.

What it appears like in your own pictures, is you have slight splattering of trichomes on those fan leaf's bit like sugar leaf's... I would largely imagine that is down to genetics of the strain to what it was crossed with.

Or a slight phenotype occurrence... could be interesting for oil or resin.

Nutrient burn may manifest in the outer margins of the leaf with the tips of segregated edge with a crisp browning flowed by a yellowing along the entire outer leaf edge on a mild case this may express at the tips of the fan leaf but all very strain independent.

Thank you everyone for your help so far. Sorry for this photo dump. But if you all could do me a favor and just pretend that this is the first post of this thread because I think I have better pics and info now. I'm still a bit concerned because the issue is slowly worsening. Here's what Ive done so far:

-Defoliated a little on the lower plants for air flow, created some more space between plants and moved 2 oscillating fans closer to the plants to hopefully remove the threat of mildew(@BeanTownFan420 was leaning towards)

-Sprayed the plants down with Captain Jacks Spinosad tonight. I have found 2 thrips on them ever and I closely inspect every night. I don't personally think this damage looks like the thrip damage that i've seen on houseplants but I have some people on Reddit that are very confident that its thrip damage so I treated for them.

-Upped Calmag to half strength because it slightly resembles either a calcium or magnesium deficiency to my novice eyes. I had been using very little calmag(50ppm) because my tapwater(filtered with a Berkey) is already at 150ppm.

I am also wondering if it could be a PH problem and or salt build up. I am using PH Perfect nutes and after mixing i'm at 6.2ph according to my crappy old yellow PH meter. So I use GH ph down to get to 5.8. I also was possibly underwatering for the 1st month. I don't think I ever fully saturated the 1gal pots until last week and still havent watered to runoff at all.

I guess I'm just not sure what my next step should be. Any more ideas would be appreciated. Maybe @Pennywise could weigh in here also? These are the plants in the journal in my signature btw if more info is wanted.

THANKS

Most of the damage is like this, not discolored really but almost see through and fairly brittle and on random spots of old and new growth but worse on the older leaves.
circle.jpg

20201129_011545.jpg

Most of the damage does not look like this so much. These spots are brown/tan and seem like burnt or something. This is on the weakest of the 5 plants.
20201127_150006.jpg

20201129_013547.jpg

Most of the outer leaf damage looks like this, kinda like mushy/moldy BUT I don't see anything that looks like white powdery mildew anywhere. This is darker.
20201128_153259.jpg
20201128_154611_HDR.jpg
20201129_013624.jpg

I guess this does look possibly like thrip damage, it does seem like something just sucked the green out and left a translucent patch in the leaf.
20201129_013758.jpg

Underside of above picture
20201129_013833.jpg
20201129_020106.jpg

your plant might be too big for one gallon coco , and drying out it a disaster in coco, your have to feed daily even up to twice a day , they will eat them selves ass coco holds no nutrients
have you a pic of full plant and pot ?
I was hoping I could keep them in a small containers and keep one of these as a bonsai type mother. Once I pick a mother to keep I might root a clone and keep her in soil from that point on so I don't have to water so much.
20201127_005657.jpg
20201127_021314.jpg

This plant is showing a lot more spots even since this was taken a couple days ago.
20201128_021738.jpg

They have been trained/lightly defoliated and spaced out more since this picture.
20201122_155004.jpg

its hard to tell but if my eyes tell me correctly ,that 70 % rh on the meter is way to high and the plants need more space from each other to breath properly and using pots that small for coco is a no go , the root ball will never get big enough to produce a decent return .Because those pots are so small a lot of the roots are constantly soaked and yet the coco doesn't hold enough nutes for a plant that size to feed on . up pot to a 5 gallon cloth pot and feed at least once a day at around 400 ppm and 5.8-6.0 ph and be sure to water/feed till you have a good strong runoff ,don't bother with the great white in coco it only gets washed out mostly , it is almost impossible to over water in coco , and i cant tell but did you add some perlite to that coco , that's a must also 30 % is a good starting point ,plants that old in coco should be double that size ,bigger pots =bigger plants = bigger yields-less problems ,with coco you will always need a drip tray underneath them if you are watering them properly, i personally think you have a mold problem and a lack of nutes problem , coco is a fantastic form of growing but it is very unforgiving if you try to cut corners , 4 plants in pots that size wont work especially when they hit the stretch phase of flower plus i don't think that light is strong enough once they go to flower, not tying to be nasty here but its just my 2 cents i have had many great grows in coco and i love coco but you cant cut corners on a hydro grow .

Back
Top Bottom