Need advice from accomplished growers please

tonythc

I have 2 Blackberry girls that are 4months old growing outside that are doing really well and 1 sour diesel clone that I took from a buddies and planted outdoors kinda of late but doing good none the less.I have only given them chicken crap for ferts.and nothing else.The PH has never been tested.I used cow manure, river sand ,perlite,jungle growth potting soil,lime and worm castings for the grow bed prior to planting.I have applied chicken crap every 2 weeks since they were about a month old.They have been topped and tied over a couple of times.Been reading a lot on molasses and water and was wondering if any accomplished growers have used this technique and did you see a difference.I am kinda gun shy about useing anything other than what I have been due to this being only my 2nd grow and the good results I have right now.I am guessing they will finish sometime around the middle of september.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:thumb:

Er ye well chicken manure pellets/manure i'm pretty sure standard guide line is an application every 4 to 6 weeks on average, most store bought stuff has a suggestion some where in the instructions !

I wouldn't worry to much about PH of soil as you have applied lime or garden lime this stuff buffers the soil to around PH 7 only really works on acidic soils tho...

If your native soil is alkaline based it is pointless adding lime...

How ever animal manures such as cow dung etc and others have a PH range mildly acidic if my memory serves me correct which may also buffer soil PH range over time.

It is best prepare plot of soil in advance like 2 to 3 months before hand with amendments so that microorganisms can start to break stuff down etc before planting out, some people call it cooking the soil & maybe referred to indoor super soil methods the same applies to out door growing.

Know your soil, bit like clay or sandy soils, black 'n' white the yin & yan etc both have there properties some better than others, then we can begin to address amendments to improve such... sorry dirt is just not dirt to me it is a reasonable complex area !

PH of out door soil is another grey area to deal with & what we can do to improve it.

Mmm sorry for the slight woffle...

But ye molasses can be used which contains some nutrients etc i believe it is the sugar content of it which helps feeds the microorganisms with in the soil which help break down lots of other things for the plant to use... Mmm good choice but may suggest once a month application !

Ye used it myself for indoor growing never really noticed much difference in growth in less used with a super soil mix & amendments with high organic matter content coupled with those beneficial organisms etc for best use of it.

Hey thanks Fuzzy Duck I was a little scared to add something I hadnt heard of before until here lately.From some articles I have been reading is to use it only during the flowering.Just not completely sold on the idea as of yet.

Mainly used in those organic brew tea's to aid in anaerobic conditions to help kick start the break down of materials etc for the plant to use and increase microorganism content of the soil/compost which all is a positive bonus.

It is something to think about and conduct further research upon :thumb:

Well,,,,,,,,,,I got a pot with 3 gals.of water and 6tsps of molasses cooling down right now.I have done a lot of reading today and dont really see any negatives just positives.So,,,,Im thinking just gonna treat one plant and do a comparison.

Don't over do it with the molasses.

In general about 2 -3 applications is all that is needed. I do one in VEG and one around day 21 of flower and then another in mid to late flower. Some believe too much will make the microbes get lazy and just feed on the molasses. Their main job is to break down material for your plant to uptake.

I only use 1 drop per gallon but I grow indoors. I always believe less is more when it comes to fertilizers. Don't over do it (with fertilizers) and get a PH lockout. But then again you are outdoors and probably have less of a chance of burning/lockout from PH.

Thanks Scarfinger68.When should I apply, while soil is wet after I water or while soil is still dry?

Thank you sir,I will wait till wednesday for the next watering, we just got a really good rain today.Its like they jump at the first sign of good ole rainwater.:slide:

Thank you sir,I will wait till wednesday for the next watering, we just got a really good rain today.Its like they jump at the first sign of good ole rainwater.:slide:

I keep forgetting that you are growing outdoors. Basically anytime that is convenient. 2 to 3 applications for the whole grow. Maybe one in VEG and one when you start to see buds and then one mid to late flower and you should be golden.

But, Some people recommend a tablespoon per gallon. I go with less is more theory and use a couple drops at most. Mainly because I see a lot of growers trying to max there fertilizers and end of having troubles at some point in their grow.

If you look hard enough you will find that a few people don't like molasses. They say it changes the taste? Something about the magnesium in molasses. That is why I use less than the recommended tablespoon per gallon and don't apply right before harvest.

Yeah, Im with ya on the more is less sometimes part.It would break my heart if I jacked these girls up.One more question if you dont mind? Some say to harvest at night and some say during the day while the plant is reaching upwards to get the most properties from the plant.Whats your take on this?

Yeah, Im with ya on the more is less sometimes part.It would break my heart if I jacked these girls up.One more question if you dont mind? Some say to harvest at night and some say during the day while the plant is reaching upwards to get the most properties from the plant.Whats your take on this?

Well for indoors you can give them a 24 hour to 3 day or even 5 day dark period to maximize the goodness.

I hear some say to harvest on a full moon too? hmm... Not sure if it will be that noticeable day vs. night

I would do which ever fits your schedule. Try for night but, daytime harvest works too.

Its probably more important to harvest at the right period of trichome production of mostly cloudy with a few ambers.

Well for indoors you can give them a 24 hour to 3 day or even 5 day dark period to maximize the goodness.

I hear some say to harvest on a full moon too? hmm... Not sure if it will be that noticeable day vs. night

I would do which ever fits your schedule. Try for night but, daytime harvest works too.

Its probably more important to harvest at the right period of trichome production of mostly cloudy with a few ambers.

Really appreciate the advice Scarfinger68! Might take one at night and the other during the day.Maybe pull one clear to about 25% amber and let the other go to about 3/4 amber.This place is freaking awesome I have learned so much here!:thumb:Will definately give updates later.

FYI, enjoy.

bubblearrow_img_assist_custom-400x248_1_.jpg

when-to-harvest_1_1_1_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom