If soil... what is in your mix? Foxfarm Ocean Forrest
If soil... What size pot? 3 Gal
Size of light? 400w CFL
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? mid 75-80
RH of Room/cab? 40%
PH of media or res? 6.0-7.0
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? As needed. Usually water every two days.
Type and strength of ferts used? Iguana Grow Juice, mixed with some Super Thrive.

I noticed some leaves were getting brown, and in the last 24 hrs. its been spreading. I check my ph level on my nutrient solution and it was 6.5, but my run off is at 4.0. So I decided to flush the plant with plain distilled water for a couple of days, before introducing my nutrient solution again.

Any professional advice? Is this the right thing to do? At some point I thought it could be a calcium deficiency, but I believe FFOF soil plus the solution I'm using is providing all the macro and micro nutrients needed.

Need some help! This is my only WW plant.

photo346.JPG
photo_3145.JPG
photo_1215.JPG

looks like phosphorous def.

Your Ph coincides with this.

Add some jaimacan bat guano or indoniesian bat guano. Also add a small bit of dolomite/garden lime. Ash works too for raising ph but i say stick with the lime as its permanent and creates a buffer.

on a side note I like the fox farms jamaican bat guano because it has added mychorrizae which in small amounts works wonders for roots.

Hey Jimmy,

Would the plant be able to absorb the bat guano right away? or does it works like a slow releasing fertilizer? I just don't want my baby to die :(

Thanks,

Would the plant be able to absorb the bat guano right away? or does it works like a slow releasing fertilizer?

Guano is slow to medium release.

Ya more likely suffering with a defeciency... could be phosphorus tho ? that normally gets locked out below PH 5.5 !

Measuring run off is a poor way to check soil PH tho... in fact soil has a self buffering nature so it does not matter what PH your nutrient solution/feed is as soil will return to its ambient PH over a course of several hours :thumb:

It wont die even if you do nothing, just wont be living the good life is all.

Yes some jamaican bat guano (and basically all guanos) will be instantly available. the rest will be more slow release.

Also dont forget the dolomite lime to keep PH from going too low and a small bit of gypsum to keep from going too high as well never hurts. I add about 1/4 cup of lime and gypsum per 2 gallon of soil, which really helps keep the PH in a great spot. It will usually hover at 7ish and drop down to 6.4.ish periodically when fed. Then slowly climb back up to 6.8-7.1 which is a good range for soil.

If you get the guano you can make a tea with it and foliar feed to the plant and it will near instantly cure this problem, then add some to the soil to fix it for long term.

Try making a tea with some compost and some bat guano (remember its got to be jamaican or indoneisian because you want fruit eating bats) if you have it adding some seaweed into the tea also. Brew it up for awhile with a air pump, then put it in a spray bottle and spray the entire plant. MAKE SURE YOU DO IT AT LIGHTS OFF THOUGH!!!

Hey Jimmy I got the dolomite, the hydro store was closed so I have to wait till tomorrow to get the guano and the sea weed. I will definitely make the tea tomorrow. Once I apply the tea for how long does the lights need to be off? Is it a heat issue? I'm using CFL's. Thanks for checking in. I'll keep u posted.

Ok basically short answer, spray the plants when lights go out. If you are using 24/7 lighting just turn them off and spray then wait 2 hours before turning back on. Those 2 hours of dark wont do anything bad.

But basically if you still wetness on the plants should keep the lights off.

Also one more thing, the plants should be at like 60-70 degrees when you foliar feed, once the temps are mid 80s their stomata (the pores) are closed and can not suck up through the leaves.

Jimmy,

I prepared the compost tea out of Indonesian bat guano, worm castings and sea weed. I follow your instructions to the T. Some the bottom leaves are sad but I guess there's not much I could do. The new growth seems healthy. I've also included a pic of my other babies. Super Silver Haze and Himalayan Gold. (one of the Himalayan has variegated leaves) :cheer:

photo_1219.JPG
photo_565.JPG
photo_3148.JPG
photo_4118.jpg

Yeah its the new leaves that you wanna judge by, the old ones will always look that way, and will possibly end up falling off even.

But if new growth is looking good then its working perfect.

guano, sea weed, worm casting is a real powerhouse of goodness. Get yourself a little blackstrap molassess and you got all you could need for flowering dank organic buds.

Then for veg you can add some blood meal or manure or compost and you got all youd need.

BTW it wouldnt have to be "blackstrap" molasses. yes you can just use any old grocery store molassess. Blackstrap is just a tad better and usually cheaper too.

Jimmy,

I got this picture from a friend of mine. Plants are Super Silver Haze on homemade soil. He's using B'cuz Growth. His plants are veg. and are big and healty with the exception of these two leaves. Does it look like the plant needs more food. (Nitrogen???)

Thanks buddy,

photo_2189.JPG
photo_1220.JPG

:thanks:

As long as those arnt leaves on the top aka new growth (they look like they are in middle of plant?) then dont do anything.

Those leaves suffered a light bit of nutrient burn. If they are the latest leaves, then tell him to dialback his next two feedings to about half strength or 3/4 strength.

Back
Top Bottom