Need help fast!

zBRiCKz

Please for the love of God... Don't tell me this is a thrips...

image31772.jpg

They are very very small and stay around the soil. I have yet to see any leaf damage or them on the plants themselves. Is it possible that they're beneficial or neutral??

I'm using fox farm ocean forest.

Sure looks like it!

Thrips are another gross-looking marijuana pest... Thrips are small, fast-moving insects with wings... They rasp, or grate the marijuana leaves open, and suck the sap out... Thrips prefer flowering tops, and fresh, young leaves... Affected leaves have shiny, silvery spots... This is caused by the thrips sucking the chlorophyll out of the leaves... In spite of the fact that they're small, you can see them marching in columns on an infested plant...

Solution: Thrips can be fought with your favorite insecticide... Or predatory insects, the thrips' natural enemy is Amblyseius cucumeris... A thrip problem can be solved basically the same way as aphids... My favorite way to get rid of them is misting your plants in a solution made of 1 part SM90, 5 parts water... You'll want to do this when the lights are about to go off (or else the leaves will get burned)...

That doesn't look like any of the thrips I've had over the years.

Like Ripples said they suck the juice out from underneath the leaves and from the top it looks like little windows thru the leaves.

If only a few squish them and stay away from sprays if you can.

L8r

That doesn't look like any of the thrips I've had over the years.

Like Ripples said they suck the juice out from underneath the leaves and from the top it looks like little windows thru the leaves.

If only a few squish them and stay away from sprays if you can.

L8r

Yeah I really wasn't convinced they're thrips. There's not very many, maybe 6 or 7 that I've seen and that's actually looking for a solid 15 minutes. I first noticed them popping up out of the soil away from the stem, I immediately began watching leaves and haven't seen any changes except for new growth.

My mom does a lot of essential oil stuff and I was considering using a drop of peppermint oil in ph'd water and lightly misting the soil and leaves. I know peppermint does well with deterring other bugs, unsure about these but it's very "minty" so I'd assume they wouldn't like it. It is organic and natural oil so I don't think it will harm the plants. I don't want to do that without a few opinions first though.

I love a capsule full of peppermint oil to settle a sour stomach after a night of too much booze but as far as repelling bugs I have no idea how that will play out.

I doubt very much that it will do any harm, it sure will smell nice, and as my mom never steered me wrong so I say go for it!

If you can't trust good old ma there isn't much in this world worth trusting. :passitleft:

L8r

Back
Top Bottom