Need help identifying issue

If you are using regular tap water CalMag isnt as important yet. Try 1 thing at a time. I bet fixing ph fixes everything. If you can drill lots of holes in your pots. Pull the rootball out first and gently set it into another pot. light kills roots. Then drill as many holes as you can fit in the bottom. small ones so soil doesnt fall out. then transfer the rootball back. Then heavily water it with properly phed water. Water it a bit slow so all the soil gets wet but get a heavy runoff so you know all moisture left in there is good ph. I use my runoff for my houseplants. They go crazy for it.

If you are using regular tap water CalMag isnt as important yet. Try 1 thing at a time. I bet fixing ph fixes everything. If you can drill lots of holes in your pots. Pull the rootball out first and gently set it into another pot. light kills roots. Then drill as many holes as you can fit in the bottom. small ones so soil doesnt fall out. then transfer the rootball back. Then heavily water it with properly phed water. Water it a bit slow so all the soil gets wet but get a heavy runoff so you know all moisture left in there is good ph. I use my runoff for my houseplants. They go crazy for it.
Already ordered the smart pots! I think those along with ph correction would make a world of difference! Were you the one on my thread who said to ditch the exhale bag?

The world around growing pot can be both very overwhelming and very expensive. Its because there are alot of people who make alot of money selling systems. Reading about all the systems will drive you bonkers as they are all fantastic but none will tell you how or why they actually work. If you buy yourself 1 really good book on growing organically that explains how plants grow more so than what or how to make compost, to understand a plants basic needs, then research how to increase brix levels in plants, you will be able to grow anything extremely well and you only need to know a bit more than the very basics. After that all plants are the same really they just need different soils to meet their nutrient needs and different ph's to unlock their love zones. You already got a good lesson in ph. Also you need to some degree to research compost teas. Not so much on ingredients but more towards why they work. Compost teas contain microbes. Microbes eat soil and digest your soil nutrients. Then they poop it out on your roots. The plants can now use the nutrients after its pooped out. They cant use the nutrients until this happens. Its quite simple and once you read just a bit about it its cheap to do it all on your own and you will grow anything and everything at an extreme level. Good microbes in poor soil with proper ph will greatly outgrow perfect soil with low microbes or bad ph

The world around growing pot can be both very overwhelming and very expensive. Its because there are alot of people who make alot of money selling systems. Reading about all the systems will drive you bonkers as they are all fantastic but none will tell you how or why they actually work. If you buy yourself 1 really good book on growing organically that explains how plants grow more so than what or how to make compost, to understand a plants basic needs, then research how to increase brix levels in plants, you will be able to grow anything extremely well and you only need to know a bit more than the very basics. After that all plants are the same really they just need different soils to meet their nutrient needs and different ph's to unlock their love zones. You already got a good lesson in ph. Also you need to some degree to research compost teas. Not so much on ingredients but more towards why they work. Compost teas contain microbes. Microbes eat soil and digest your soil nutrients. Then they poop it out on your roots. The plants can now use the nutrients after its pooped out. They cant use the nutrients until this happens. Its quite simple and once you read just a bit about it its cheap to do it all on your own and you will grow anything and everything at an extreme level. Good microbes in poor soil with proper ph will greatly outgrow perfect soil with low microbes or bad ph
My main source of info is ed Rosenthals book! I was told by a person who has grown for 40 years it's the bible of growing

Already ordered the smart pots! I think those along with ph correction would make a world of difference! Were you the one on my thread who said to ditch the exhale bag?
No but you dont need it. Your temp is too low. Check out Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis Its an amazing site with a killer good search engine. So much good info in there. It also has a whole section on diagnosing sick plants

And I do remember reading about compost teas! I will certainly be doing some research tonight when I get home!

My main source of info is ed Rosenthals book! I was told by a person who has grown for 40 years it's the bible of growing
Eds original book Grow Your Own Stone was my outdoor bible when I was a kid in the 80s. Great guy...truly is True Living Organics by The Rev is a fantastic read. Its hard to understand at first as its a bit vague but once you figure out that its 99% about the flower cycle and all his recipes are the ingredients needed per gallon of soil it makes alot of sense and its very easy to read. If you read it then read it twice. By the time you finish it the first time you will understand alot so the 2nd read will really make sense.

Im not knocking Hydro or coco growers as I understand fully why alot of people love them but once you understand exactly how microbes in the soil work and how a plant works anything other than organics when growing your own personal weed will really make you scratch your head. If you are growing to sell and quantity is more important then hydro/coco makes more sense.

One other very important thing to know about watering.... When you water you want 100% of the soil to get wet. This is most important in the early stages. If your soil has dry spots 2 things happen. One is that you cant access the nutrients in that soil as without water the roots wont go there but more importantly is two... Roots will actually grow around the dry spot and lay in a manner that catches and channels any water that may go there at a later date, so if you develop an established dry spot you have in effect shrunk the size of your pot.

As for the bags they have a shelf life. They start producing CO2 on the store shelf and are notorious for being exhausted before being purchased. However if you get fresh ones they wont do much at all unless your temp is in the high 80s. Under 85 degrees and plants cant use the extra CO2. You have to over rev a plants metabolism with high temps to make them able to utilize extra CO2.

So G64, I have used a Co2 bag which was fresh when I bought it through a hole grow. My question is, is that my temps never got over 77-78 f. The chemicals spread out thru out the bag. So it really didn't do any good if my temps were in that range? And do I just keep it in tent for the next grow? I use Cobs so my temps don't get to high. Just curious!....

Well I had it in there for supplemental co2 as we've got dogs, but after it waz said and done I didn't add another just changed my environment: fans. More airflow is beneficial and needs to be fresh. I guess to each their own. My 2cents wouldnt put another penny into one.

So G64, I have used a Co2 bag which was fresh when I bought it through a hole grow. My question is, is that my temps never got over 77-78 f. The chemicals spread out thru out the bag. So it really didn't do any good if my temps were in that range? And do I just keep it in tent for the next grow? I use Cobs so my temps don't get to high. Just curious!....
Ive never used it but I did seriously consider it. I spent alot of time researching how it can best be used. You need higher temps, generally over 85 degrees and you need very strong light. The high temp combined with the strong light will rev up your plants metabolism to the point that photosynthesis is now limited by the amount of available CO2 so at that point more CO2 is better. If your plants are never amped up that high they simply cant use the added co2. Whats naturally in the air is already more than enough. If you do want to use co2, which will increase yields when used properly, you should research it as sealed rooms are best so ventilation setups change. Im not in it for max yields I just want top grade quality. At first all the hype made CO2 seem like the way to go but really its more of a commercial grower thing and expensive to set up properly. The more research I did the more I realized its not for me. If I want a bigger yield Ill just add another plant.

Okay update: I just made a gallon of water that seemed to be very close to the 6.5 color spectrum on the bottle. Just watered the babies and made sure to give them a little more than usual (they were sagging a bit.) Hoping tomorrow morning I'll be able to see visible change!

The leaves that are damaged wont reverse. What you want to see is happiness sprouting out from the top.
I'm hoping for them to perk up a bit by tomorrow am...they were definitely thirsty!!

Ive never used it but I did seriously consider it. I spent alot of time researching how it can best be used. You need higher temps, generally over 85 degrees and you need very strong light. The high temp combined with the strong light will rev up your plants metabolism to the point that photosynthesis is now limited by the amount of available CO2 so at that point more CO2 is better. If your plants are never amped up that high they simply cant use the added co2. Whats naturally in the air is already more than enough. If you do want to use co2, which will increase yields when used properly, you should research it as sealed rooms are best so ventilation setups change. Im not in it for max yields I just want top grade quality. At first all the hype made CO2 seem like the way to go but really its more of a commercial grower thing and expensive to set up properly. The more research I did the more I realized its not for me. If I want a bigger yield Ill just add another plant.

Thanks Gee64, that's what I thought. More of a commercial thing. And I do agree I go for the quality really. Grow stores just make the $ from ya and say you need this but hey I learned and thanks bro appreciate it!!

And that makes sense because up to this point I have been using normal tap water at 7.1 ph. So getting that down to 6.5 should help alot. Would I just mix the calmag into the water? This is my first go around and I've never used nutes yet. They looked amazing until earlier this week! I'm also using fox farm ocean forest so I'm wondering if it could be a drainage issue as well......

The nutes in Ocean forest are pretty much exhausted in 4-6 weeks. My first grow I had the same problem. I was given all kinds of advice but all it took was to start feeding them. They were hungry. Some base grow nutes with added calmag and ph at 6.5 and you'll see new healthy growth.

420-magazine-mobile1097344460.jpg

Good news they perked back up within hours!!! The back left one looks bad but it's back to its full size!!!

Back
Top Bottom