Need help identifying issue

So far yes! I picked up some perlite today in preparation for my smart pots that arrive Saturday for the final transplant!

So far yes! I picked up some perlite today in preparation for my smart pots that arrive Saturday for the final transplant!
I also opened up the bottom vent on my tent right behind my oscillating fan so hopefully that will help getting more fresh air from outside the tent

excellent! Randoobula is right...most soils peter out in weeks 4 or 5 of flower and all sorts of deficiencies show up so read up a bit on lines of nutes such as foxfam ones or General Organics/General Hydroponics ones or decide if you want full organic. Then be prepared so you can stay ahead of them going in to bloom. You have about a month before flowering deficiencies show up and you want to be ready 2 weeks before that so you have time. I grow full organics because thats all I know but soup grows such as sterile soil or coco work really well too. Find the one thats right for you. If you go organics I will lend you all the help I can and if you choose another route there are plenty of great growers at 420 for each style. Any style you choose, and by hanging out in here, you will get a fantastic harvest.

Do you have an inline fan/carbon filter in the tent?
I do not! That's another future step! I'm not too familiar with those I only read a bit from my book

You dont have to use the filter. It just scrubs the smell so your exhaust doesnt smell but an inline fan or even a bathroom exhaust fan to keep air moving through your tent will make quite a difference. I was totally amazed at the quality added to the grow from it. Pennywise told me it would but I didnt really believe it would help much until I saw it for myself. It allows you to put a heater outside the tent and pull that air in and constantly maintain a steady temp which makes the plants really speed up. Then add a variable speed controller for 20 dollars and you can control both temp and humidity just by speeding or slowing your airflow. Just something to keep in mind for the future lol. It gets expensive quickly.. Weed isnt addictive but growing it sure as heck is

You dont have to use the filter. It just scrubs the smell so your exhaust doesnt smell but an inline fan or even a bathroom exhaust fan to keep air moving through your tent will make quite a difference. I was totally amazed at the quality added to the grow from it. Pennywise told me it would but I didnt really believe it would help much until I saw it for myself. It allows you to put a heater outside the tent and pull that air in and constantly maintain a steady temp which makes the plants really speed up. Then add a variable speed controller for 20 dollars and you can control both temp and humidity just by speeding or slowing your airflow. Just something to keep in mind for the future lol. It gets expensive quickly.. Weed isnt addictive but growing it sure as heck is
so true I swear the process is so addicting!!! I would definitely like to pick your brain more on this. Especially for flowering id like to try to bring the temp up to 85 constantly. I'm sitting at 74 right now. I've just been using a tower heater so I'm sure my bill will go up a bit lol. But id love to figure out a more efficient way and I feel like the exhaust fan will be huge!

420-magazine-mobile2025118332.jpg
okay so this is the tent I am using. It recommended this fan
420-magazine-mobile2097222365.jpg

And is this the switch you were speaking of?
420-magazine-mobile241885596.jpg

it was also recommended

yes on the switch...and that fan will work perfectly too. On the fan you want something that will move double your volume. Your volume is 224 cubic feet and the fan is 442 and double is 448. Thats bang on. You will almost never need to move that much air. The formula is so you can turn the fan down quite low and still move adequate air so the fan lasts far longer and is much quieter.

yes on the switch...and that fan will work perfectly too. On the fan you want something that will move double your volume. Your volume is 224 cubic feet and the fan is 442 and double is 448. Thats bang on. You will almost never need to move that much air. The formula is so you can turn the fan down quite low and still move adequate air so the fan lasts far longer and is much quieter.
Awesome! Will that fan draw alot of power? That's my only concern

start with the controller on low and see how the atmosphere is. slowly turn it up to find the sweet spot with all tent vents open. then mark the sweet spot so right after watering when you may have to turn it up for a day because of excess humidity, you can then go back to the sweet spot
Hmmmm....okay! I'm definitely going to need to do some studying up on this! I assume this will be a very important 80 dollars. I should probably order this up as well asap?

so true I swear the process is so addicting!!! I would definitely like to pick your brain more on this. Especially for flowering id like to try to bring the temp up to 85 constantly. I'm sitting at 74 right now. I've just been using a tower heater so I'm sure my bill will go up a bit lol. But id love to figure out a more efficient way and I feel like the exhaust fan will be huge!
You dont need 85 degrees. I thought so too but Pennywise straightened me out. Without CO2 76 degrees is the sweet spot. Temp and relative humidity are directly linked. The hotter it is the more humidity the air holds. At 76 you can easily get 40 to 50% humidity so the combination of temp and humidity revs the plants right up. Humidity matters because when its correct the plants "sweat" that comes out the stomata, which are pores on the under sides of the leaves, can evaporate into dryer air which causes internal suction inside the plant drawing more moisture, which has nutrients, in at the roots. 76 degrees is plenty warm so all sugars in the plants "blood" are very liquid. Too much temp raises humidity and sweat cant dry to pull more water up. Too little humidity causes too much suction and the plant over revs and you run out of CO2 and it causes stress which really messes plants up and hermaphrodites appear really quickly. So 76 is perfect. I trusted Pennywise and tried it. It was amazing. Its easily equal to a perfect feeding for the results you get. Perfect ph plus perfect atmosphere to move that perfect ph thru the plants equals explosive healthy stress free growth. Go to all the sweet spots first then if you want to play, change 1 thing at a time as each strain of weed does like subtle differences here and there. Then eventually you will find some numbers that are easy for you to maintain in your local climate that match a strain that loves those numbers and all of a sudden your crop looks epic.

Hmmmm....okay! I'm definitely going to need to do some studying up on this! I assume this will be a very important 80 dollars. I should probably order this up as well asap?
in veg you can get away with less than ideal but in flower you need full atmospheric control

in veg you can get away with less than ideal but in flower you need full atmospheric control
Awesome! That's what I believed! I guess I'll have to place the order now then! Really looking forward for flower! And after everything I've learned the past few days I can't believe the only problem I've had is some discoloration. the gods are looking out for me!!!

Back
Top Bottom