Need help identifying issue

when I brew a full tea ( nutrients such as kelp meal, alphalpha, etc) and Im adding microbes in the form of worm castings and/or steer manure I start out with the nutes like kelp etc and bubble for 24 hours with a tablespoon of molasses per 5 gal pail. Then 24 hours later I add the microbe sources and bubble for another 24. The raw nutes need about 48 hours but microbes will explode in aereated water so after 24 hours they start to starve as the molasses is gone. Too much molasses and they develop a like for sugar and not fungus so dont use extra molasses. If your just adding microbes but no nutes just bubble molasses for 20 minutes or so then add worm castings and bubble for 24. If you purchased a premade tea follow it exactly and make srperate teas of microbes only. You cant over tea really

If you are using 2 kinds of teas add them on alternating days. I find they work best if you add the microbe teas right after a full watering when runoff has stopped. You will get a feel for it as you see results quickly. Leaves reach straight up and growth accelerates. Color will improve too if they arent 100% healthy already

Teas serve 2 main purposes. 1 is to introduce microbes and 2 is to introduce both microbes and nutes. Both are needed. Ph and microbes are by far the 2 most important things in organics so always keep them in mind.
Earth worm castings contain a nice broad spectrum of all the really good microbes you want as well as good base nutes. I add them to every single tea I make. Organic COMPOSTED (must be composted) steer manure also contains microbes and some are unique to steer manure so I use steer manure in my microbe only teas. (teas without nutes just to up the soil microbe population). All my teas are made with 3 gallons of water and after they are done brewing I cut them 50/50 with more water to make them go farther. EVERY TEA needs 1 teaspoon of organic blackstrap molasses in it at the start of brewing. As the brewing makes the microbe population explode they need to eat the molasses to not starve to death before brewing is complete. Dont add extra molasses or the microbes become sugar junkies and once in the soil wont feed properly on your soil to digest it. They will just want sugars.

In my microbe/nute teas I only add earthworm castings for microbes and then a tablespoon of kelp meal and in veg a tablespoon of alphalpha meal ( alphalpha meal contains a natural high end growth hormone so in veg it sends extra growth hormones to all branch tips) as well as a teaspoon of low number bulb food. I also add humic powder (leonardite) as per the suppliers mix ratio. It allows plants to absorb more nutrients by a country mile. You only use it every 3 or 4 weeks but you know when you use it cuz the plants really rev up. I also add 2 teaspoons of calmag and in veg always a tablespoon of bat guano. in flower too if you like but always in veg.
Brew all the ingredients and the molasses for 24 hours then add the earthworm castings and the manure and bubble for 24 more hours. In microbe only teas bubble the molasses and earthworms/manure for 24 hours only. Once the microbes are in you only have about 24 hours and they multiply so fast the molasses will run out.
use an air pump from an aquarium. one with at least 2 output lines is best. 10 bucks. buy 10 feet of tubing and cut it in half. 5 feet per line. add a cheapo airstone to the end of each line. toss both stones into the tea and turn the pump to high.
After its all brewed dump half into another bucket then add water to each.
Then on watering day water your plants fully as normal and an hour or 2 later when all runoff has dripped out add about half a gallon of tea slowly into each pot and be very particular about getting it to soak in evenly over the whole pot. I use a small soup ladle. stir the tea up alot every ladle full so you get chunkies in every scoop.
The next 48 hours you see a huge difference. The plants leaves stand straight up and you will get a good growth spurt. You cant ever use too much tea but really if you use a tea every 2nd or third watering and alternate between the 2 types of teas adding the leonardite every 3rd tea or so you will have extremely healthy soil.
The edges of the pail will get a sludge ring on them. Thats the microbes. using a rubber spatula very carefully scrape it off and stir it back into the tea before using.After your done scrub your airstones and tubing off in the sink or the stones will plug up. You dont need to ph compost teas.
Would this recipe be safe to use eith fox farm ocean forest??

Thank you for the continued help!
leonardite is a type of coal. coal is plant matter that has composted for billions of years. Its natures best ingredient. It has small molecules that plants can easily absorb and its natural electrical charge is rigjt to magnetically attract your NPK molecules so the end result is something the plants can easily absorb thats 100% coated in nutrients.

yes but it needs to be premixed. 6 tablespoons of leonardite powder mixed with 1 litre of water is the concentrated solution. You use 3 tablespoons of concentrate per gallon of water if you are adding it to watering/feeding. If you add it to a tea then use 1 tablespoon of powder to a 5 gal bucket full of tea.
Leonardite isnt really a nutrient on its own. Its an organic chelator. It attracts nutrients from your soil or your nutrient mix and the nutrients attach to the leonardite molecules. Plants recognize leonardite as a friendly organic molecules and welcome it in and the end result is your plants get way more nutrients. I use it in every second watering and every second tea. It works really well with liquid kelp or dry kelp thats been brewed into a tea.

yes but it needs to be premixed. 6 tablespoons of leonardite powder mixed with 1 litre of water is the concentrated solution. You use 3 tablespoons of concentrate per gallon of water if you are adding it to watering/feeding. If you add it to a tea then use 1 tablespoon of powder to a 5 gal bucket full of tea.
Leonardite isnt really a nutrient on its own. Its an organic chelator. It attracts nutrients from your soil or your nutrient mix and the nutrients attach to the leonardite molecules. Plants recognize leonardite as a friendly organic molecules and welcome it in and the end result is your plants get way more nutrients. I use it in every second watering and every second tea. It works really well with liquid kelp or dry kelp thats been brewed into a tea.
Awesome thank you!!! How Much manure and castings do you add the second day?

Also below is a picture of all my ingredients I'm using!!!

420-magazine-mobile728361899.jpg

Ive noticed that the feeds I do with water, leonardite, liquid kelp, and cal-mag are the ones that seem to show the best results the next day and a good microbe tea 2 days later gets really nice results too.
Also is it a problem that my ingredients aren't in liquid form? My cal mag is the only one that is

Thats a great mix of ingredients. Kelp and guano are very intense. They can make your soil very hot very quickly so only use about 1 tablespoon of each ingredient there per 5 gals of tea and 1 cup of worm castings after the other ingredients have brewed for 24 hours. I didnt see molasses. You need molasses too. 1 tablespoon low sulfer blackstrap or organic molasses

It's to the left of the cal mag! Lol it's a smaller bottle so it was easy to miss! So I'll add the castings and manure tomorrow!! Do I add the same amount of castings as I do manure?

i see the molasses now sorry and dry is fine. Thats why you brew it for 24 hours. Then add ewc (earth worm castings) for the 2nd 24 hours. The aereated water makes the ewc microbes mass multiply but after 24 hours of multiplying the molasses will run out and they will start to starve. Dont add more molasses tho or the microbes will get hooked on sugars and wont want to eat what they are supposed to in your soil

It's to the left of the cal mag! Lol it's a smaller bottle so it was easy to miss! So I'll add the castings and manure tomorrow!! Do I add the same amount of castings as I do manure?
i usually add 1 cup of each to a 5 gal pail of tea. Also remember that this tea is concentrated. Once its brewed you can add 5 gals of water and use all 10 gals for a regular full watering if you like.
How are the plants doing? got any new pics?

i usually add 1 cup of each to a 5 gal pail of tea. Also remember that this tea is concentrated. Once its brewed you can add 5 gals of water and use all 10 gals for a regular full watering if you like.
How are the plants doing? got any new pics?
I'll upload some pics very shortly :)

Back
Top Bottom