Need help! im so new to this and so lost

indasky92

so a couple of months ago i decided to grow cannabis. i started doing my research and thought i was ready. boy was i wrong. i got 5 lucy seeds off the net and i got a cotton candy and black russian for free. i germinatered them and they all popped. then i put them in burpee eco friendly seed starting cells and used miracle grow seed starting soil. 4 sprouted right away. the grow closet was to small and the heat(im guessing) took down 2 of the plants(which i made much worst by trying to fix them). so now i have them in a 1 1/2 ft by 1ft closet. using a 100 wtt standard cool white bulb 1 1/2ft above the seedlings. i use a blanket with two holes in it(one on top and one where the seedlings are) to cover the closet. 2 of my seedlings still look good and the other two are down :(. the rest didnt do anything. they've been in the closet for a week. i use water from shoprite and have a ph tester on its way. when i water them the water sits on top for a couple of seconds even when the soil is dry so i dont know if thats bad. also i dont know anything about lights. i know i need a 400 watt mh but i dont know the first thing about ballast or anything about getting a good cheap setup going on. someone please help.

your plants are dieing becasue of that 100 watt cool white bulb. thats NOT NEARLY enough lumens. dont worry about the watts its about the lumens the light puts out. that ballast and hood are a must. i got the cheapest of the cheap when it came to my ballast and hood. i spent $225 on my ballast and hood together ($180 ballast, $45 hood) then the bulbs for those setups are $50-100+. your best bet would be to get a few compact flourescent light bulbs from lowes or ace hardware or home depot or where ever you can get compact flourescent lights arounf you.. a regular light bulb isnt going to do anything for them..in fact if you dont replace it they will die sadly

I agree with Chiefin but if you wanna go the real easy way and not bother with heat issues and different kinds of lights I suggest a LED. I've grown out some darn nice grows with them and they're excellent for small personal grows. Advanced, a sponsor here at this site is a reputable led manufacture. check out the Led grow forums here if your interested; either way good luck with your grow. Rastafari :welcome:

Your gonna need to changed the name of your seeds in the first post from *sd to Lucy...it's against forum rules to use those names here...Just a FYI before someone finds it

I'm getting good results with six CFLs for 3 plants in a small tent.

You'll need, at the very least, 40 watt bulbs. They don't (usually) carry CFLs with that high of wattage at Home Depot, I ordered mine online. Then I found a good resource of 43 watt CFLs at my local Rural King store, they are the reddish bulbs that are best for flowering. The bluish bulbs that are better for veg I haven't had any luck finding in the stores, I had to order online.

You also need to make sure they are not 'equivalent' watts, i.e. 20 watt CFLs that are equivalent to 100 watt incandescent bulbs. You need to make sure they are 'true' 40 watt (or higher) bulbs.

I like the ease of CFLs. The hottest my tent has gotten is 83 degrees. Don't need a ballast and my plants seem to like 'em. Not a big financial outlay, either.

I can find 42 watt cfls at mart in the wal all day... I used them for my first grow they worked good but once you have alot they put out ALOT of heat I know from experience once you get alot you might as well get an hid imo but they are good for a few plants like sweetjane stated

Back
Top Bottom