So disappointed

When I started this grow I was excited since I had one other grow under my belt and this time I went from a $50 budget grow to a $500 setup. While germinating the seeds my id tags got knocked down and I had 4 different seed strains. No biggie that I wont know which is which 2 sprout and start great. The entire grow went great actually not alot of nute burn, always mixed molasses with my nutes for feedings. The girls looked amazing. Neither girl started to frost up good until week 9 flower, week 11 i checked my trichs and found about 50% were cloudy 10% amberish. So i started a 1 week flush using molasses and water. After 1 week all signs pointed to being ready so i chopped them down. Finished my bud wash and let hang for 5 hours then jarred and drying in the fridge. Today i took a bud from both strains I had and done a quick dry to sample my hard work. Smooth as a babys bottom. Burning good.... excited thinking ive nailed it but 20 minutes go by and no high.. after an hour i sample the other and the lightest body buzz.. what the hell did i do too my girls. The strains i had csme straight from an advertised and reputable company. All strains auposed to produce over 20% Thc... i used 3 oz of trim and popcorn buds to make cannabutter that was originally read at 1oz to 1lb of butter sticks. This am put a tablespoon in with my oatmeal, an hourly later barelyfelt anything.. i have the bottom 3rd in reveg and Im wondering if they are even worth revegging.. so dishearted as this is my medicine. Alot of hard work and doing everything within my means to make it the best and hell its weak as water. Heres a couple pics.
From your description and pics, I would think you should get a good buzz. To me, the bud in the pics looked like it could have done with longer flowering, but still I'd assume you'd get a decent buzz. However for making cannabutter I would suggest that you check out 'decarbing' to turn the THCA to THC. I did this once to a very nice oz of bud, I simmered in for a lot time and got nothing but the barest of buzzes. Later I realized the bud wasn't simmer hot enough for decarbing and as I hadn't done in before making the butter there was barely can THC, most was still THCA. I bought an Ardent Lift/Nova decarboxylation unit recently after reading how much THC can be left unconverted in home oven decarbing, this unit promising to activate close on 100%. Anyway that would be my 2 cents on your canna butter fail but it doesn't explain the lack of a buzz when smoking/vaping a bud.

One of those "to each their own" things that folks do far as growing goes, all swear by their methods for the most part, maybe I'm just paranoid of mold or live in a higher humidity area where that is more of an issue. When I first started a couple years back I tried to stay with the K.I.S.S. method (Keep It Simple S.....), after a few grows I changed a few things slightly but one of those "if it ain't broke, don't ____ with it" kind of thing.
Hi. How are ya? Im coming up on my harvest I about 3 weeks. I always get paranoid at this time. Can u ptovidecme with a link or whatever for an idiot proof slow drying method for about 4/5 ounces? Everything i read is for big amounts. Thanks. I can grow without issues but. Drying is the hard part

Hi. How are ya? Im coming up on my harvest I about 3 weeks. I always get paranoid at this time. Can u ptovidecme with a link or whatever for an idiot proof slow drying method for about 4/5 ounces? Everything i read is for big amounts. Thanks. I can grow without issues but. Drying is the hard part

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

About halfway down that link is a Harvesting and Curing section with more links. That said another one of those areas where there is a variety of methods that work for folks and they don't always totally agree with each other ;). I hang the branches up to dry and cut the leaves off while wet other folks do a dry trim, some folks hang the whole plant up, so one of them there isn't just one way to do it. It is one of them fine line things where you want it to dry slowly (not in two days) but you don't want it to mold on you either. You could start another thread as more folks would see it more than likely than using an older thread and ask folks what their "process" is, and you will see the variety of responses you get along with some similarities to what folks do, and go with what makes sense to you or what most people say works for them. I mean the method is the same whether it is 1 plant and 1/2 oz or it is multiple plants and over 1 pound as long as they not packed in tight and can't get air flow....and I'm not sure anything in life is totally "idiot proof" ;) :rofl: but IMHO sometimes folks make things more complicated than needed, but one of them if it works for you then fine by me and I will go with what's working for me as if I change it it may not work for me.

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

About halfway down that link is a Harvesting and Curing section with more links. That said another one of those areas where there is a variety of methods that work for folks and they don't always totally agree with each other ;). I hang the branches up to dry and cut the leaves off while wet other folks do a dry trim, some folks hang the whole plant up, so one of them there isn't just one way to do it. It is one of them fine line things where you want it to dry slowly (not in two days) but you don't want it to mold on you either. You could start another thread as more folks would see it more than likely than using an older thread and ask folks what their "process" is, and you will see the variety of responses you get along with some similarities to what folks do, and go with what makes sense to you or what most people say works for them. I mean the method is the same whether it is 1 plant and 1/2 oz or it is multiple plants and over 1 pound as long as they not packed in tight and can't get air flow....and I'm not sure anything in life is totally "idiot proof" ;) :rofl: but IMHO sometimes folks make things more complicated than needed, but one of them if it works for you then fine by me and I will go with what's working for me as if I change it it may not work for me.
I can complicate it y that's for sure. Usually i judt do paper bag, roll top down, put a plastic bag over paper but i don't close all the way. Its worked and other yltime it did it to quickly. Still got high AF but didn't have that nice smell. I try using link u have but seems to be for large amounts. Thanks tho

Hey OP - Understanding the frustration you feel, just want to mention that your pics look very healthy and like you understand how to grow. Don’t give up as I’d say you have a better green thumb than most by the overall visual health of your plants. Weird shit happens - could just be bunk genetics, I’ve seen it. I’ve also seen what had to be light bleaching without the normal visual effects of light bleaching. A friends weed looked great, did not get anyone high. Like Harry mentioned there are various things that degrade potency and also genuinely wack ass genetics. Any grower worth a shit has lost several crops to xyz, I’ve lost some to mold, others to pests, you to low potency.

Just part of the deal, chin up and on to the next one.

Back
Top Bottom