Need Help! Stressed plants in early veg

RandomtasK

Hi guys,

I just started my first grow, and a friend was kind enough to supply me with a few clones and some rooted seedlings to get moving. I have done a lot of research, and i can safely say i am well informed on the grow process. After i picked up the gear, i set up a closet with a t5 6 bulb fixture. I had assumed leaving the closet doors open with a fan would keep the temperature low enough. I was sorely mistaken. The first two days the temperature raised to nearly 90 degrees F. After i came home i was able to fix it with a small cooling humidifier. Now the temp is stable between 71-78.

Strains:

Heavy duty fruity
Mk ultra
G13
Purple haze

Medium : Coco perlite mix

I realize i should be sticking with fewer strains to start, but i may just keep some in veg for the first flowering period.

These plants may have been stressed from a few different things. They may be in shock from moving to a new location, also i changed the photoperiod from 18/6 to 24/7. the heat stress from the couple of days also is really bad. Those are the main things.

My main concerns are how i can heal them from the stress they endured, but also that I am not over or under feeding them. I am using general organics Nutes. I fed them with the GO feeding schedule recomendations at half strength and full strength, watering between feedings. Is it too early for feeding at those strengths? I have been watering almost every day, the coco is dry in 30 hours.

Basically i thought they would have looked better by now, and i am questioning whether i am making some huge mistake that i am not aware of. Have a look at the photos. I am really worried about the ph, i am not treating the water or the nutes, becuase G.O. says not to bother. I am using natural spring water, its about 7.0. Every plant is unhappy, but the g13 is doing the worst.

Thanks! let me know if you need any other info.

IMG_103817.jpg

IMG_103611.jpg

IMG_103711.jpg

Some of the plants are light green, others have the bottom leaves yellowing and dying. I beleive these are characteristics of nitrogen deficiency. It is hard to say if i am underfeeding. Can someone leave me a short reply based on the pictures i posted. Thanks a million in advance

Could be a couple different things-too much nutrient for this stage of growth (I usually wait on the nutrients until they are transplanted into their final larger containers; also I found out that cannabis hates being root-bound. The good news is you've found a really good site for growers' and mmj. Good growing and I hope this helps!

Ok here are the problems i see.

Some of the plants do not have enough soil. Like the half full cups, weed sometimes wont start roots until like 2-3 inches below the surface. For those half full cups that is basically the bottom.

They look heat stressed and possibly over watered. I know you are in coco and perlite, so its possible its actually underwatering. I say over watering because the soil looks very wet and they are still droopy.

for nutes because your soil has 0 nutes, yes you need to add nutes to your water. Otherwise there is no nutrition to make them grow. I recommend 1/4 strength every single time, and i want you to really soak them until water pours out the bottom. Then you need to wait until the soil in the bottom of cup is dry before watering again.

Oh some more things.

So using dixie cups for new plants is just fine, its jsut when you do you really want to fill the cup up basically full. Otherwise its not enough room to root.

Also when you use t5ho you want them as close to the plants as possible without touching. Having a fan blow right under the t5 is best

Thanks For the replies! I will make the changes you suggested immediately. I had just watered them in the pics. After a lot of research, i came to the conclusion that i was overnuting and overwatering them. I will wait until they dry out to water again. I was watering about everyday, and using full strength nutes intermittently, which i dont think these babies can handle. Thanks again for the tips, much appreciated. the plants with less soil are the smallest.

the change in lighting won't negatively effect them.

I came home today and the temp under the light was 82F. It is getting hotter here in arizona, so i am considering reverting the photoperiod back to 18/6 or maybe 20/4 for the hottest part of the day. Is this going to stress the plants or cause flowering? Thanks in advance.

I would 100% change your nutrients you are using... that i'm pretty sure is the fault !

You really want to source some coco coir specific nutrients :thumb:

Organic nutrients don't work very well with coco coir, i tryed several months ago on a few spare clones with same sort of results as ya self & never bothered with it since...

The defeceincys you are suffering with are predominately macro nutrients of nitrogen & phosphorus thats partly due to under feeding... on a side note organic nutrients are very difficult to induce nutrient burn with :thumb:

Coco coir is mildly acidic in nature pushing the low end of the nuetral PH range & normal PH of coco is around PH 5.5 to 6, nutrients used should be for coco coir these are mainly chemical/synthetic nutrients bolstered for growing in coco, as coco may strip both calcium & magnesium from the plants... these is why ya want to use coco nutrients & that PH of nutrient/water solution should be around PH 5.8 before watering/use when feeding plants !

I would also suggest potting up to a larger pot, this will help improve plant growth & greater moisture retention in the growing medium used.

Back
Top Bottom