Need help with fans inside my grow tent

Bluecheeze

Hello My friends ! :)

I am about to start My first grow ever in a 90x90x170cm grow tent and i just ordered a Mars 2 900 led light.

I got carbonfilter and exhaust fan.

But i am unsure on what i need inside of the tent, do i need an oscilliating fan or just a 6" clip fan?

Is it enough with just one fan inside the tent?

And where do i put the fan, up High and aim the air down on the plants or down low at plant level and directly on the plants?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

a simple oscillating fan would be fine. If you can find a clip on one too, then why not? You dont need a very big fan seeing you have a fairly small grow space. You only need one fan besides your inline of course. You need just enough to get air circulating and to mimic light wind on the plants thatd occur naturally outdoors. Just watch how strong the fan is. Too much wind can cause problems. A light breeze will suffice

a simple oscillating fan would be fine. If you can find a clip on one too, then why not? You dont need a very big fan seeing you have a fairly small grow space. You only need one fan besides your inline of course. You need just enough to get air circulating and to mimic light wind on the plants thatd occur naturally outdoors. Just watch how strong the fan is. Too much wind can cause problems. A light breeze will suffice

Okey then i think i will Go with just a oscilliating fan and maybe add another one later when i got more money.

Where in the tent should i put the fan? High so it blows down on the plants?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Where in the tent should i put the fan? High so it blows down on the plants?

Hi Bluecheeze

If the fan blows down on the plants from higher up, it's going to carry the heat from the lamp straight down to the plant, making temps even higher. Better idea would be to angle the fan so it blows from below and upwards into the light. That way it will carry the heat away. Or position it to blow straight across, between the light and the tops.

All the best.

Back
Top Bottom