Need Help With My Babies!

trae1170

420 Member
Hello everyone,

I am looking for some help in regards to my first grow. In the last 3-4 days my little ones started to turn Yellow. I think I give them low strength nutes a little too soon but if someone can confirm that would be great.
As a general question, how old should seedlings be before you start them on 1/4 strength nutes?

How many plants? 6 plants

What strains? CBD Crew - Medi Haze, Greenhouse - The Doctor, DinaFem - Deep Cheese (2X), Sin City - Treasure Island & Underground - King Kong

How old are they? 11-14 days

How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated? 4x4 Grow Tent - open vents at bottom and small 6" fan circulating inside

What medium/soil are you using? 70% coco / 30% hydroton

Whats the size of the containers? Solo Cups now, I will transplant into 5 gal. Hydro each

What's your lighting set up? Started first week with just (6) 20 watt (1190 lumen ea.) 6500k cfl, now added my 400 watt full spectrum LED

What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time? Temperature ranges between 70 F when lights are off and 85 F when lights are on.

What's your ph like, both medium and nutes? - Water PH is 5.8 - I did give them 1/4 strength nutes at 367PPM a few days ago. Since then just water.

Any pests around? None

What is your watering schedule like? I generally water them 1 per day. There are holes in the bottom of the cups so I just give them each about a 1/4 cup of water and let it drain out the bottom.

I did see them start to turn slightly yellow 3-4 days ago but worse since I give them their first nutes. Today I turned off the LED to see if they were just getting too much light.

DSCF20312.JPG

DSCF20304.JPG

DSCF20293.JPG

DSCF20362.JPG

DSCF20354.JPG

DSCF20334.JPG

Thank you for the quick response. I will just flush with straight PHed water.
Is my PH range and Lighting o/k/?

Thanks again,

ph of 5.8 is great, the range for coco is 5.8-6.2 I believe. It is too early for nutes yet, start with 1/4 strength when there are 4 sets of leaves. Right now I see 2 maybe 3 sets at most. You can move the CFL's a little closer. Most of the light of the CFL comes out at the sides, not the end of the bulb. What is your humidity in there by the way?

Thanks everyone. I will see if I can mix some perlite in without disturbing them too much. Now my plan is to transplant these into 5 gal. bucket Hydro systems before they get too big. Should I still try to add perlite?

The humidity is low at 25%.

Thanks!

Dont transplant, don't add perlite and don't flush!

Turn led off.

Just use cfls for now until there's 4 nodes.

Don't water every day.

Only give little water and allow to dry out before watering again.

As long as ph is between 5.5-6.2 it will be fine but try stay between 5.7-6 for best results.

At this stage I use nutes @0.8 Ec as there are no nutes at all in coco. People may tell u not to do this but it's fine. Don't go off the bottle guidelines though, always do nute strength by Ec or ppm.

U need to get humidity to double what it is now. Try lightly misting seedlings with plain water. Even better if u can put a small mister or humidifier in there. 24RH is far too low and wI'll cause u lots of probs.

Finally they grow slowly at this stage, don't try rush it. Be patient. Rushang things will only cause problems.

Ps don't mix hydroton in with ur coco it's completely unnecessary. U can add a layer to bottom of pots for some extra aeration but I only do that on larger pots.

Thanks Cultivator,
I turned off the LED and I will hold off on watering. Hopefully they perk up in a few days. I will try to get the RH up , are they too old to put the humidy dome back on them?

Thanks everyone!

Just mist em a few times a day for a while like Cultivator suggested, They'll pick up.
You could just put a bowl of water with them for a while to raise RH.
Cheers n Peace

Back
Top Bottom