Need some advise from experiance growers about indoor growing

One2three

I am new to this forum but have some grows under my belt.

I have done hydro and some soil but the two soil grows where not somthing to brag about. The location, the set up and the skill was not there. Hydro was easy to manage and had everything else in good condition next to the soil grow.

I live in a place that nothing else then indoor growing is possible. The weather is not user friendly when it comes to grow outdoor.

I am stubbern and want to do a soil grow that lucks out and I am a big fan of doing it as natural as possible. I have some question to the pros in this forum. I have read alot of posts and there is some conserversy about soil, smart pots, plastic or what evere people are use to do it in.
I have a big space so I can create good surroundings for my girls.

Pots
I am thinking about using "Smart Pots" for this grow. Just because i am thinking about the root system. I am going to custom make every pot because i know what kind of material it is. Alot cheaper like that.
My first question is what kind of size the pots should be? After reading alot I have come to the conclusion that big pots are better but not too big. What is the biggest pots that is recomendet for indoor growing, 60 gallon, 100 gallon, 150 or 200? Here is often some debate. The reason i thinking "big" is because I want to get as much as I can from as few plants as I can.

Soil
I am thinking of creating my own soil. Use compost that is made from organic homewaist, timber, treecurls, paper, manuer(from grass fed cows), fishwaist and meatwaist from slaughterhouses.
That is a compost i can get and use as a foundation and I can add on that if nessincery. There i am little bit lost and need to do some more reasearch before I dive in to that creation. All suggestions are well appriciated is it maybe better to use Coca and nute it up with some advanc. Nuts? I persional prefere the compost idea because i can create a huge ammount of it with out making notice and safe in nute cost.
If... Just if i can create a good soil for my girls, is it possible to only use that soil in flower and just add water?

Lights.
Lets just say that I use 100 gallon pot, how many watts dos the plant need when she goes in from veg and also when she gets bigger and bushee do i have to raise the watts on the light? 600, 800 or 1000+ Is it better to have two lights on every plant rather then one? 2x600 2x800 and etc.
If I use LED light in the veg state, is it to much shock to go under HPS or some other lights that has high watts?

I am going to stop here, this is enough questions for now. Hopefully there will be a disgussion here about this and more questions to answer

I just want to do this right for starters and I want to reasearch everything I need to know before I start. I thougt this was a great place to get a great advice.

:peace:

Pots: Smart pots are a good choice, the fabric is more forgiving to roots than plastic, allowing for a more even root mass. On top of that, certain pots also come with a pull string tie on top, so only the stem is poking out. A guy who sells these told me the roots will grow in the entire pot this way since the top is dark with the draw string pulled tight. After learning a bit, smart pots > plastic pots. A 200 gallon container? That's called a hot tub man ;) But the biggest pot you would want for indoors is probably 10-15 gallons, and that will make a beast of a plant at least 4 feet tall, bigger if sativa.
Soil: I don't have any experience with soil or compost so good luck there. I know if you try to create the 'perfect soil' that only needs water it's gonna be very difficult.
Lights: A rule of thumb is at least 150W per plant. No need to keep raising wattage. For veg use a slightly weaker bulb and then go all out on the flower bulb. No idea on LED's.
And look at the link theengineer posted, that's where I started my research at many months ago.

Back
Top Bottom