Need some opinions on slight fungus issue - pics

It is crazy for me to read the things I wrote 2 years ago.

What a walk down memory lane this thread is.

My greatest honor and kindest regards to James The Green.

:Namaste:

never seen that happen to a plant before. from clone or seed if i may ask?

It was from a seed.

The pictures show it only after it had been treated and dried from the IPA.

When I first got to it, it was a patch of gray mold where the woody indentation is. It did eat away a quite a bit of the tissue. First using the hydrogen peroxide, and then the IPA to dry it out. It worked perfectly and the rest of my plant was not effected

Luckily, the spots of mold were removed as described here, with no sign of airborne spores, here's the best pic I got today.

what's it called? mold? fungus? i should do more research on this, thanks again Lester & ionize
P7088309.png

Looks Like A Piece Of The Plant That Stayed Moist,And Developed A Rot Or Mold,Especially If The Plant Is Ready To Harvest.Cut It Out With Scissors Drenched In Alcohol,Then Dried,Get A Paper Towel Or Some Such Thing, To Hold The Bud Rot In,And Trim It Out Of Said Bud,Discard All Of This Detritus That Is Moldy. Then Take A Q-Tip And Using 70% Isopropyl Alcohol,Wet The End With The Alcohol,And Delicately Wipe Over The Spots That Were Nearest The Removed Stem And Bud.This Should Take Care Of The Mold,Unless The Bud Is Soaking Wet. In That Case You Are SOL,And I Would Try To Dry It Immediately,Like Using A Hair Dryer,Microwave,Whatever Floats Your Boat,But Will Still Leave Herb That Is Smokeable When You Get It Dried.If It Appears To Be On A Bud That Is Already Dry,It Should Be Easier To Save,Just Repeat The Above Steps But With More Confidence, Because The Herb Is Dry,And It Is Not Likely To Continue To Mold Or Rot.As It Is Already Dry,That Means The Herb Will(SHOULD)Not Spread Any Further Molding Or Rotting,As There Is No Moisture To Keep The Rot Process Going. Personally(NOT TO SOUND LIKE A DICK),I Would Usually Throw A Bud Like That Away Or Put It Aside With Any Other Buds That I Found In The Same Condition.Of Course I Would Never Add My Dry Repaired Herb To Anything That Had Been Decontaminated And Was Still Moist.Boy I Said A Mouthful!!!Throw ALL MOLDY/MILDEW And Rotting Herb Away,Get Rid Of It,It May Not Kill If You Smoke It,But One Does Not Wish To Find These Things Out As Health Is Concerned,BURN IT!!!Well That Is How I/We Would Do It,Especially If We Had A Small Harvest.It Has Always Worked For Me,And I Am Certain If Done With Common Sense,Your Buds Will Make It Through This Process With Flying Colors!!! Good Luck Trichomes, I Hope All Goes Well, Or Went Well. Lord Commander Of The 420's Knights Watch, Take Care James.P.S., I Have Not Been On Lately Because Yarrow Is Nigh Unto Death,She Weighs 86pds,Real Weight,But Add An Extra 20-25pds Of Water On He Midriff.She Is Fighting So Hard!!!But I Can Sense The Doubt And Fright Entering Her Soul About Dying.She Looks Like A Holocaust Survivor(INCIDENTALLY, YARROW IS HEBREW)What A Macabre Thing That Is Killing My Life/Wife.Lost My Dog(MY DOG DAUGHTER) In June Of 2011,She Was 12yrs 7months Old.Lost My Mom That Same Year To Alzheimer's(WHEN SHE SPEAKS AT ALL,I BECOME MY FATHER IN HER EYES) She Is Always Asking Me When I Am Gonna Get The Kids From,Practice,School,The Store,ETC. It Is More Than I Can Take Seeing Her Like This With NO Marbles.So I Talk To Her Once A Month Over The Phone,As She Is In Phoenix,AZ.I Just Tell Her In As Many Ways I Can Think Of,That I Love Her,She Still Thinks I Am My Dad Sometimes.But Mostly I Just Stay With Yarrow And This Years Garden.Yarrow Is Full Time/Over Full Time Job,But I Feel Blessed To Still Being Able To Do It.That Means She Is Alive And Trying.Sorry RL Or Trichomes If I Hijacked Your Site,I Just Got On A Roll,My Sincerest Apologies,Take Care, Lord Commander Of The 420's Knights Watch.I Plan On Being On More As I Begin Photographing Again.Unless I Get Into A Mental Funk Again,Let's HOPE Not!!!Out Of The Marines,I May Be Becoming A Widower And My Best Friend Doggie Passed Away To Start It All Off.I Have To Convince My Self That God Has A Plan,And That There Is A Silver Lining Behind Every Cloud(VERY HARD TO DO ATM) But That Is What I Have To Keep Me Going.Yarrow Got Rushed Down To The ER Last Night By Me,Their Were Nurses Coming Up To Get Her If I Did Not,The Phone Rang Once At10:50pm,Did Not Recognize The Caller ID,So I Ignored It.Ten Minutes Later,The Same Call From The Same Number,I Figure It Must Be Urgent And Answer.It Was One Of Yarrows Doctors, Nurses, Going To Drive Up To My Home,I Doubt She Would Have Found It.Well To Shorten The Story,Yarrow Had Blood Work Done That Day,Her Hemoglobin Was So Low(ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE) That Her Doctor Already Had A Bed Ready And Waiting For Her When We Took Her Through ER. She Was So Low That They Think There Is Internal Bleeding.Stanford Thought So As Well,But None Has Been Found Yet,Or I Should Say The Leaky Area Has Not.Anyways She Is So Anemic That They Are Having To Give Her 3 FULL Transfusions!!!It Takes About 2 Hours To Get Them All In,Give Or Take A Half Hour Here Or There.I Have High Hopes That With The Added Strength Of New Blood,Her Nutrient Solution Known As TPN,Will Get Her Well Enough,So She Can Have Laproscopic Surgery In About One Month,I Think It's Gonna Take More Months Than They Think To Get Her Ready For Another Darn Surgery,I Would Say At Least3 Months Or Maybe 6.Sorry,Rambling Again,420 Knights Commander JAMES THE GREEN:thumb:!!!

No need to apologize for posting James! :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank you for your wise words of wisdom in all areas of life that you share with us. :Namaste:

I hope to be able to see your garden this year! You have our undying love and emotional support here at 420. :green_heart:

Wishing for Wellness to Yarrow, and for Another Beautiful and Bountiful Bloom to you both this year back at home. :circle-of-love:

Thanks For The Love RL,I Give It Back To You 110%!!! It Was Hot Here Today,About 108 In The Garden,Hot Enough To Break The Day Into Shifts.Early Morning,Late Afternoon And Early Evening Was My Choice For Working. Gotta Start Getting My Pictures Out,Or Taking Them That Is.A Diary Sure Can Be A Lot Of Responsibility!!! About Coming And Seeing The Garden,I Cannot Say Yes(I COULD BUT)As There Are Other People That Live On This Parcel Of Land And Have Say In Who Comes Up,I Could Pull Rank,But I Think Yarrow Would Stop Talking To Me If I Did That. Love You Guys,Ser RL,Thank You,Lord Commander Of The Knights Watch,James The Green:thumb:!!!

You Know RL, I Am Surprised As You That This Little Thread Did Not Throw Up More Arguments About Which Way Is Best As Well.I Guess,Maybe,For Once,The Truth Is The Truth,And Recognized By Us All (WELL MOSTLY BY US ALL,LOL!!!:high-five:!!!) This Is One Thread That Could Have Turned Into A Heated Argument,But Never Did,THANK GOD!!!It Also Appears That Only You RL An Trichomes And Me Ever Visit This Site,Too Bad,It Has Solid And Truthful Info On It,Almost A Shame That No One Else Reads It,Or Has Read It.Well Love Y'all,Lord Commander Of The 420's Knights Watch, Ser JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:!!!

Bad news, the mold might be induced by the borers then. Their saliva promotes botrytis gray mold itself, it doesn't necessarily mean they've eaten the tissue, rather they have just traveled through it.

The drill hole implies atleast one worm has made entry to the interior.

From there, if more get in, they will establish a fortress throughout the entire plant domain.

I would put some elmers glue to plug up that hole at the very least.

Cut out ,remove, and throw away all infected/infested parts

Looks Like A Piece Of The Plant That Stayed Moist,And Developed A Rot Or Mold,Especially If The Plant Is Ready To Harvest.Cut It Out With Scissors Drenched In Alcohol,Then Dried,Get A Paper Towel Or Some Such Thing, To Hold The Bud Rot In,And Trim It Out Of Said Bud,Discard All Of This Detritus That Is Moldy. Then Take A Q-Tip And Using 70% Isopropyl Alcohol,Wet The End With The Alcohol,And Delicately Wipe Over The Spots That Were Nearest The Removed Stem And Bud.This Should Take Care Of The Mold,Unless The Bud Is Soaking Wet. In That Case You Are SOL,And I Would Try To Dry It Immediately,Like Using A Hair Dryer,Microwave,Whatever Floats Your Boat,But Will Still Leave Herb That Is Smokeable When You Get It Dried.If It Appears To Be On A Bud That Is Already Dry,It Should Be Easier To Save,Just Repeat The Above Steps But With More Confidence, Because The Herb Is Dry,And It Is Not Likely To Continue To Mold Or Rot.As It Is Already Dry,That Means The Herb Will(SHOULD)Not Spread Any Further Molding Or Rotting,As There Is No Moisture To Keep The Rot Process Going. Personally(NOT TO SOUND LIKE A DICK),I Would Usually Throw A Bud Like That Away Or Put It Aside With Any Other Buds That I Found In The Same Condition.Of Course I Would Never Add My Dry Repaired Herb To Anything That Had Been Decontaminated And Was Still Moist.Boy I Said A Mouthful!!!Throw ALL MOLDY/MILDEW And Rotting Herb Away,Get Rid Of It,It May Not Kill If You Smoke It,But One Does Not Wish To Find These Things Out As Health Is Concerned,BURN IT!!!Well That Is How I/We Would Do It,Especially If We Had A Small Harvest.It Has Always Worked For Me,And I Am Certain If Done With Common Sense,Your Buds Will Make It Through This Process With Flying Colors!!! Good Luck Trichomes, I Hope All Goes Well, Or Went Well. Lord Commander Of The 420's Knights Watch, Take Care James.P.S., I Have Not Been On Lately Because Yarrow Is Nigh Unto Death,She Weighs 86pds,Real Weight,But Add An Extra 20-25pds Of Water On He Midriff.She Is Fighting So Hard!!!But I Can Sense The Doubt And Fright Entering Her Soul About Dying.She Looks Like A Holocaust Survivor(INCIDENTALLY, YARROW IS HEBREW)What A Macabre Thing That Is Killing My Life/Wife.Lost My Dog(MY DOG DAUGHTER) In June Of 2011,She Was 12yrs 7months Old.Lost My Mom That Same Year To Alzheimer's(WHEN SHE SPEAKS AT ALL,I BECOME MY FATHER IN HER EYES) She Is Always Asking Me When I Am Gonna Get The Kids From,Practice,School,The Store,ETC. It Is More Than I Can Take Seeing Her Like This With NO Marbles.So I Talk To Her Once A Month Over The Phone,As She Is In Phoenix,AZ.I Just Tell Her In As Many Ways I Can Think Of,That I Love Her,She Still Thinks I Am My Dad Sometimes.But Mostly I Just Stay With Yarrow And This Years Garden.Yarrow Is Full Time/Over Full Time Job,But I Feel Blessed To Still Being Able To Do It.That Means She Is Alive And Trying.Sorry RL Or Trichomes If I Hijacked Your Site,I Just Got On A Roll,My Sincerest Apologies,Take Care, Lord Commander Of The 420's Knights Watch.I Plan On Being On More As I Begin Photographing Again.Unless I Get Into A Mental Funk Again,Let's HOPE Not!!!Out Of The Marines,I May Be Becoming A Widower And My Best Friend Doggie Passed Away To Start It All Off.I Have To Convince My Self That God Has A Plan,And That There Is A Silver Lining Behind Every Cloud(VERY HARD TO DO ATM) But That Is What I Have To Keep Me Going.Yarrow Got Rushed Down To The ER Last Night By Me,Their Were Nurses Coming Up To Get Her If I Did Not,The Phone Rang Once At10:50pm,Did Not Recognize The Caller ID,So I Ignored It.Ten Minutes Later,The Same Call From The Same Number,I Figure It Must Be Urgent And Answer.It Was One Of Yarrows Doctors, Nurses, Going To Drive Up To My Home,I Doubt She Would Have Found It.Well To Shorten The Story,Yarrow Had Blood Work Done That Day,Her Hemoglobin Was So Low(ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE) That Her Doctor Already Had A Bed Ready And Waiting For Her When We Took Her Through ER. She Was So Low That They Think There Is Internal Bleeding.Stanford Thought So As Well,But None Has Been Found Yet,Or I Should Say The Leaky Area Has Not.Anyways She Is So Anemic That They Are Having To Give Her 3 FULL Transfusions!!!It Takes About 2 Hours To Get Them All In,Give Or Take A Half Hour Here Or There.I Have High Hopes That With The Added Strength Of New Blood,Her Nutrient Solution Known As TPN,Will Get Her Well Enough,So She Can Have Laproscopic Surgery In About One Month,I Think It's Gonna Take More Months Than They Think To Get Her Ready For Another Darn Surgery,I Would Say At Least3 Months Or Maybe 6.Sorry,Rambling Again,420 Knights Commander JAMES THE GREEN:thumb:!!!

Oh my goodness...I hope that you don't mind but I just had to speak up. My heart just goes out to you James. You don't know me, I'm new here (literally as of this week) but I will pray for Yarrow tonight, even though I'm actually not religious.. (I really hope this doesn't offend, I sincerely hope that my prayers help..) and I feel really privileged to get to share in your vast knowledge about growing. I hope you get through everything still standing and decide to continue with the awesome journals... (I've only seen some of your and your wife's 2013 journal, but I will definitely go through it and your previous ones at length) You seem much loved here. Sincerely, Best wishes to you and yours from Colorado. :love:

Thanks Lester I was amazed last night, when JamestheGreen came in on your, 2 year old, mold thread (not found on your menu, lol)

Holes are sealed, appreiate that share, too, sounds like you are familiar with these holes?

do i have the same worms that devasted your bud? please don't post that picture, it scares people out of the yard.

I'll go look at that thread, just not that picture of ,:scratchinghead::scratchinghead:,, of horror!

I am familiar with the drilling holes, you can see them in my infestation pictures on my awareness thread.

I don't think you have the same worms I had, perhaps a similar variety.

If you had the worms that I had, than I am terribly sorry. They were very small worms and hard to find.

The way you can distinguish them is if they are green colored or flesh colored.

You never want flesh colored ones.

I think the word James gave it was, Travesty.

:yikes:

You Know RL, I Am Surprised As You That This Little Thread Did Not Throw Up More Arguments About Which Way Is Best As Well.I Guess,Maybe,For Once,The Truth Is The Truth,And Recognized By Us All (WELL MOSTLY BY US ALL,LOL!!!:high-five:!!!) This Is One Thread That Could Have Turned Into A Heated Argument,But Never Did,THANK GOD!!!It Also Appears That Only You RL An Trichomes And Me Ever Visit This Site,Too Bad,It Has Solid And Truthful Info On It,Almost A Shame That No One Else Reads It,Or Has Read It.Well Love Y'all,Lord Commander Of The 420's Knights Watch, Ser JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:!!!

you are right JtG, this is great information shared between 2 members, finding info while I was panicking, was all about search box & using just one, very KEYWORD under a specific username, took me right here, didn't know this existed.:thumb:

in the right search area.

My Lord So Long Ago, Makes Me Remember Growing So Much, Not Been Really Able To The Last Few. Yarrow Still Sick As Hell, Spent Over Half Of Last Year At Stanford, Spending Between $350.00 A Night, And When That One Is Booked(HOTEL), It's The Ultra Horrible $550.00 A Room Hotel. Almost 6 Months Down There Last Year, Destroyed Our Savings,Finances Almost As Well. Yarrow Is Without Doubt Terminally Ill, She Has Been Home Since November, And With Lots Of Trying,Encouraging,Praying And Faith, She Is Still With Me, I Thank GOD For This, And ALL The Good Will And Prayers We Have Received From Others AS WELL!!! They Told Us 3 Years Ago Now That Yarrow Would Be Dead In 6 Months, I Said Let Me Get Her Home Under MY CARE, And We'll Get Her Well Past That Mark!!! So For A Supposed To Be Dead Woman, She Has Exceeded All Of Our Hope And Caring For Her, It Is Also Her Indomitable Will That Has Kept Her Alive As Well!!! She Was Weighing Back In August And September Of Last Year, Once Again Around 84-90 LBS, And Is 5FT8INCHES Tall. Talk About Auschwitz, Yarrow Looked Like That Is Where She had Come From. Miraculously, She Now Weighs 164LBS!!! With ATM, Only About 20-25LBS Of Water That Is Not Swelling, But Trapped In Her Extra Skin Around Her Abdomen, That The Dumb Guy That Started All This Back In 2004, Should Have Removed. This Doctor, Had His Medical License Suspended In Both Michigan And California. Last I Checked, About 10 Months Ago, He Had Gotten Them Back On A Probationary Basis, When This Doctor(DO NOT WORRY, I WILL NAME HIM, SO IF YOU KNOW ANYONE PLANNING TO HAVE A BARIATRIC SURGERY(ESPECIALLY A DUODINAL SWITCH), Tell Them STAY AWAY, His Name Is Doctor Ara Kashishian.) Bless You All, I Long To REALLY RETURN SOMEDAY, If The Stars Align Right Again, In Love And Respect, JamesTheGreen.

Back
Top Bottom