Need to know this - first time grower in need of help really badly

jeannieg56

ok I have read something to the fact that when a plant is fixin to go into pre-flower, that the leaf junctions become uneven instead of growing even , ok my big plant has been doing this for the last 4-5 leaves the tops are growing tighter too, if that means anything, what i want to know is if this preflower thing will make this baby show me if she is a she or if i wasted my time, parying she is a she. all i know about the strain is she is indy, possibly a hybrid. it was a sack seed anyway want to know what i need to do now, i feed her once every week and a half now was every week for a little bit i cut back on that though, and she is outside greenhouse grown,

thank you so much, have been waiting for this for a long time so maybe in a few weeks she will be ready to bottle up ?
ok i got my jars bought and ready for that fine day, but do i sterlize the jars before i use them?

Keep watching for the hairs. My females started showing a few hairs in the nodes soon after going alternate. If you start seeing tear-shaped pods with no hairs, in bunches, then you have a male. When it's ready, it will show, so check every day, especially if veg growth slows down.

It may be more than a few weeks before harvest, however. My 1st grow is way behind the normal timeline because I'm not using artificial nutes or fancy lights. I did a lot of training early on, and trimmed selected fan leaves throughout veg and most of the way through flower. 47 days in Flower and am waiting for the trics to get cloudy. But it sure smells potent! :cheesygrinsmiley:

this baby has had a strong skunk smell from the get go,, but i have the faith that she is a she here are some pics i took of both of my babies just a few ago if i make the pics bigger i can see the pistails on a few of the branchs, tried to get clear pics of them
P101002814.JPG
P101002814.JPG
P101002719.JPG
P101002617.JPG
P101002913.JPG
P101003015.JPG
P101003112.JPG
P101003217.JPG

I just transplanted her last night too so i hope that didnt bother her much, i did both of them while i could as you see she is a outdoor grow,, small greenhouse and right now with all the heat i have kept the door open so not to cook them still is hotter than hell i transplanted in a mix of a small amount ( what i had left in the bag) , MG Organic potting soil, and Peat Moss, both were started and the bigger one raises in the Mg Organic potting soil

No need to sterilize as in an autoclave or anything.. but I would clean with soap and water at least.. sometimes mason jars have a strange smell when they are brand new.

Those green spears are not female hairs. They are veg growth that appears on both sexes. The hairs you are looking for are white, and very thin, like your own hair. They will appear in pairs, one pair to each calyx. You might not be able to see the calyx right away; the hairs appear first. ( "Here I am boys!" As she seductively waves those hairs and gradually reveals herself )

thank you,, i was thinking maybe boil them out like i was going to use for canning but dry them really good after wards to get ride of smells and any mirco dust in them

shit,, i was so hoping damn it,, i dont have that much more room left out there for her /him/it i can let it grow a foot or so more then i dunno wha the heck i will do with it cuz i can just set her out in the openok now i was told by a couple of people that when the leaves start growing uneven that means something is happening right?
that's when they are supposed to start going into pre flower or flowering? idk

thank you,, i was thinking maybe boil them out like i was going to use for canning but dry them really good after wards to get ride of smells and any mirco dust in them

I think boiling your jars is a good idea. You don't know how clean they really are or if they are already sterilized. I seriously doubt this, because it is expected the jar will be sterilized during a canning process, not used to store buds. ;-).

shit,, i was so hoping damn it,, i dont have that much more room left out there for her /him/it i can let it grow a foot or so more then i dunno wha the heck i will do with it cuz i can just set her out in the openok now i was told by a couple of people that when the leaves start growing uneven that means something is happening right?
that's when they are supposed to start going into pre flower or flowering? idk

You can pinch out the growing bud (called LST-ing) once or twice to make it bush out and make more buds. You can also tie down branches that are getting too tall, and go more horizontal with them. This will open up the center of the plant to more light. These techniques WILL slow the flowering process some, as they recover from your training, but in the end, your harvest will be larger.

Yes, alternating growth is the sign of a mature plant (although I had one that never did do this). You could do your training now, give them a good watering, then put them under 12/12 light. Expect at least 2 weeks for the ladies to recover and to switch to flowering. it takes patience to get them to harvest, but they are forgiving and will, in their own time, give you buds, as well as tric-laden trimmings for edibles and smoke.

LOL I can only guess on how clean anything in a plant ( factory) is,, I worked for almost 7 yrs making the plastic bags for guess who,, you got it Mircle grow, and different products also but the MG contract is what keep that factory going, and i know for a fact that the place is loaded with coal dust,, would sweep it up all day long, plus part of my job was rail to silo transfers, and i would see all these coal cars passing all day long and wonder just what was that dust doing to my lungs,, ( while i sat out side with some of the ones i worked with and got high)lol

I got a bigger green house that i will do that with next season but for now this small one on my back deck is all the room i have to grow in,, i live in a trailer park out int he woods of Va and until i can get my new one set up and babies going, ( Which i am going o grow different plants with them like tomatoes and other fruit trees in buckets like avocado I am good with them and some dwarf fruit trees to hide the good stuff in case anyone gets too noisy but i can do the training on them then with more room even if i just had one plant in this one now i don't have the room to do the horizontal thing, i will just love her and water her and trim her tops back some if she gets too much taller, which i am sure she will, BTW can i try to clone or should i try to clone any of the toppings or just wait until next season?

I got a bigger green house that i will do that with next season but for now this small one on my back deck is all the room i have to grow in,, i live in a trailer park out int he woods of Va and until i can get my new one set up and babies going, ( Which i am going o grow different plants with them like tomatoes and other fruit trees in buckets like avocado I am good with them and some dwarf fruit trees to hide the good stuff in case anyone gets too noisy but i can do the training on them then with more room even if i just had one plant in this one now i don't have the room to do the horizontal thing, i will just love her and water her and trim her tops back some if she gets too much taller, which i am sure she will, BTW can i try to clone or should i try to clone any of the toppings or just wait until next season?

Oh definitely clone now, before you put her to flower! Clones, when done simply, with clean soil and dipped in rooting hormone, and kept under some kind of clear covering for humidity, will root in about a week and burst into growth! Definitely saves time over seeds, and you will get an exact copy of your mother plant. Since you are a gardener, you'll know instinctively how to do this without a lot of expense.

Oh definitely clone now, before you put her to flower! Clones, when done simply, with clean soil and dipped in rooting hormone, and kept under some kind of clear covering for humidity, will root in about a week and burst into growth! Definitely saves time over seeds, and you will get an exact copy of your mother plant. Since you are a gardener, you'll know instinctively how to do this without a lot of expense.

I forgot to mention that you should label mother plant and her clones, just in case she turns out to be male. Male clones are OK, if you are making seeds, but you can also put them in your trimmings bin for edibles. They have chemicals, too, just not as much. Just catch them before their pods open!

Back
Top Bottom