New Aquaponic System: First Timer

Well the water running on her here is what I had at the time I just got misters and droppers yesterday but could only do one plant so far. I will change her pipes tomorrow when it rains and I get a early day.

In the bucket I find just the air stone is enough ..no droppers or water from the top in the clay is needed ..you don’t to get that too wet or she might rot on ya ?
I only have experience with DWC thou ..not aqua ponics ..I can show you a picture of what I mean is m6 only experience because I’m not a good explainer ..autocorrect is my friend and I’m a visual learner . Hahaha.

In the bucket I find just the air stone is enough ..no droppers or water from the top in the clay is needed ..you don’t to get that too wet or she might rot on ya ?
I only have experience with DWC thou ..not aqua ponics ..I can show you a picture of what I mean is m6 only experience because I’m not a good explainer ..autocorrect is my friend and I’m a visual learner . Hahaha.
That's so awesome. yeah show me what your talk in ng about. I hook my fiah tank up to my buckets 3 time a week to flush out old water or stale water for better words. I just now put a stone or bubbler in the water. I was just runn in ng a gal and constant water flow over top of roots and kept humidity high around roots.

That's so awesome. yeah show me what your talk in ng about. I hook my fiah tank up to my buckets 3 time a week to flush out old water or stale water for better words. I just now put a stone or bubbler in the water. I was just runn in ng a gal and constant water flow over top of roots and kept humidity high around roots.
These DWC buckets are my only experience with hydro .. most important to keep your air pump outside your tent so hot air is not circulating around your roots
don’t let your basket sit in the water , the water level has to be LOWER than the basket

you can do it with your buckets , you just don’t have a site tube to see how much water she drinks everyday .
lastly .. they make nets with 10 inches holes and the 6 inch holes ... the 6 inch will never diss appointed you but the 10 inch is heavy as fuck with a plant and clay in it so I use the 6 inch. Haha
Not sure if this is what you are doing or not :)

F9D65E12-9FE4-48E9-BE74-454E67F322C5.jpeg

D9CA3962-4808-4CAF-8A77-EBF6F7E1D258.jpeg

FDDE004F-CA67-4A6D-BFD8-85E88A381083.jpeg

374997F3-F432-414C-936D-459491FC67DC.jpeg

FE4F74FE-1F5B-4451-B01E-276C0E787F30.jpeg

8187B32C-88E6-46E6-96CE-26F90A30973E.jpeg

Oh and I’ll usually add an extra stone .. so two stone per bucket .. one on the bottom and one thru the clay before she is planted dangling about half way up . Again , hard to explain but one should be enough :)

Well I'm pretty much doing the same thing. But I built my set up with shit I had. The lights I bought with the nutrients but as you can see all my shit is odd and ends. However. I like using my fish tank to pull water from and waterfall feed the plants.

Well I'm pretty much doing the same thing. But I built my set up with shit I had. The lights I bought with the nutrients but as you can see all my shit is odd and ends. However. I like using my fish tank to pull water from and waterfall feed the plants.
Yeah I don’t know much about that way but you go man ! I can’t wait to see how it ends !!
:green_heart: :yummy:

Wilt still worsening. I unhooked the top water this morning. I may be smothering her out. She may not be getting enough oxygen with the top water so I turned it off. Now that I think about it. I believe the wilt started around the time I put the air stone inside of her bucket. Here's what she looks like this morning.
16076822222794420355724598693607.jpg

Ok so the issue could be overwatering as well as not enough oxygen. however my leafs are not yellow only wilted. So it leans more on the over watering more than oxygen. I turned top water off so we will see. I wonder how long the wilt will show if in fact I rectified this issue. Time will only tell my friends, time will only tell.

I think that’s the right thing to do .....Now let her breath for a while and make sure her basket isn’t sitting in the water ..once the clay pebbles and her stem dry out she should recover :)
lastly ,
i think @PK tried aquarium water and ran into problems ..you might be better with reverse osmosis water or your tap

I think that’s the right thing to do .....Now let her breath for a while and make sure her basket isn’t sitting in the water ..once the clay pebbles and her stem dry out she should recover :)
lastly ,
i think @PK tried aquarium water and ran into problems ..you might be better with reverse osmosis water or your tap
my issue was ph, but he is choking her. if the roots have grown into the rez then you don't need the hose anymore.

my issue was ph, but he is choking her. if the roots have grown into the rez then you don't need the hose anymore.
Your ph issue was because you were drowning your plants also .. Please help my friend here @PK
I’m positive he can learn from your experience with aquarium water etc. :green_heart: And I won’t have a bucket running until the end of the year .. :thanks:

Your ph issue was because you were drowning your plants also .. Please help my friend here @PK
I’m positive he can learn from your experience with aquarium water etc. :green_heart: And I won’t have a bucket running until the end of the year .. :thanks:
lol, i'm on his other journal bro

i can tell you right now, HN is right about the info has given. Regardless of aquaponic water or tap water.
1- lights do go into your orange buckets
2- if the roots have grown and are in water than you don't need the hoses
3- rez water temp i keep it at low 18c and high 21c
4- i find that your nutrients are for advanced people that can read the plant and know which bottle to feed. You've got one to many my friend.
6- get black tubing instead of seethru
5- i'm sry to say but your plants look in mad shock :rolleyes:

or sry, i'm following this journal. I'm kinda lost lol. he's got two of the same journal now, just with minor pages on the new one

@Northern Hydro are you doing hydro? i thought you were in soil until the end of the year?

@Northern Hydro are you doing hydro? i thought you were in soil until the end of the year?
Yep i have two soil right now . D3NAILI. Will drop a fast 6 week hydro bean when I flip them in a few weeks ( if they turn out to be female ) ...and then I’m going to try my hand at a 4 autopot (summer outdoor grow) starting inside maybe end of Feb .

I got home from work yesterday afternoon and She is making a turn around. However, whenever I had the top off checking her numbers and adding nutes I broke some off her roots off moving the hoses around. Not real big pieces but enough to keep this one stem wilted. I may of killed the roots that feed this one stem. Anyway, her ph is 5.8. Ppm. 195. Water temp 68°f Room temp 74°f. I also wrapped her bucket with a old blanket from one of my daughters. Here are a couple picks. Oh and I almost forgot. I got my first grow tent yesterday. 2 x 5. So I'm going to put the 2 flower buckets in there and switch the light cycle to 12/12 cause my other baby is a photo and is ready to switch.
20201212_045559.jpg
20201212_045550.jpg

Back
Top Bottom