New England Growers Help!

sportsman9987

So my cousin and I are planning on doing a nice sized grow up in maine in the spring. or possibly at home here in MA. I was just wondering if anyone had experience growing outdoors in the newengland, preferably maine area and had some strain suggestions. What strains will be hardy enough for the weather/give best yeilds/ etc etc. Thanks for any help, much appreciated!

i dont have experience growing in the north but luckily growing cannabis is simple enough that the basics can be tweaked to specific locations. for growing up in the north, planting will need to be done after the chance of frost/low temps has passed. keep tabs on the weather channel and plan when the temps will allow for growing.
as for strains, since the grow season will be shorter, an indica or an "early" strain would be your best bet. growing a sativa or plant with a long flowering time could be setting yourself up for low yields. with a heavy indica the only thing youll have to watch for is bud rot, im not too familiar with maine's weather but lots of rain and heavy buds dont mix well together.
all in all thats the best advice i can give, if you need any more tips dont be shy.
good luck with next years grow, i cant wait.

Thanks man very informative. I was thinking the maine climate is probably relatively close to the Humboldt County climate and i believe they grow a lot of strains in the "purple" variety. Also i read that The Church is good for foggy wet conditions and is very mold resistant. I will tryout The Church and a purple strain and give a report as to which thrived in the maine climate.

I think we just decided to go with The Church, but if you wouldnt mind telling me what native strains there are that would be fantastic for future reference. also what island are you located at? understandable if you dont want to say haha

check out the outdoor growing forum on cannibus culture and ya will find alot of info on us islandmadness

Back
Top Bottom