New experience

tagatis

Hello everybody!

First of all, sorry if there was a topic like this.

I am coming to live to Canada and I would like to try myself in cannabis industry. I don't have that much experience. All my knowledge is basics. I would like to try to work in plant production. What are the opportunities to find a job for beginner?

I found few colleges and universities which have cannabis production studies but to be honest don't know what to choose. At the moment I am not living in Canada so it's quite difficult to decide. I would like to get certificate before I come to the country but it's to late because the registrations for program are already closed. What are your opinions about online courses (Cannabis at Work, Kwantlen Polytechnic University)? Is it worth to pay money?

Maybe you know who is hiring new people with no experience? Or maybe you know the easiest way to learn something and start looking for a job? For example, if I want to start as a grower assistant, do I need to get certificate at college?

It would be interesting to hear opinion from people who started to work without any studies at universities.

Thank you for your answers.

Google is your friend

Find local shops, ask them , and online job companies work great as well

Like any job, do yer leg work, find opertunaties and go get em

Good luck

i live here and work in a related industry. can say without a doubt it's the best if you are here on site and have contacts in the industry or gov't. we are actively looking for people from a policy and administration perspective.

if you wanna work with the plant directly you are gonna have to forge contacts with the LPs. that's gonna require contacting them on a one to one basis tho. they have loads of positions they are trying to cover, many professional positions requiring post-secondary, but most don't, and most LPs aren't going to need many people that don't have qualifications they can find inside the country already.

Back
Top Bottom