New Grow - First Time Using Premium Strains

I think it would be best before flowering to help with height and have more branches/toppers. That tall one in the bucket you could just tie over lowering it and then the lower nodes would grow out faster and be in the top canopy. I like to do this low stress training /LST to keep mine lower and wider growing more buds. I like to keep the plants equal in hieght with as many tops in the canopy I can get.
For topping them other ones now would probably stunt growth for awhile and after recovering the lower nodes would grow more and 2 more at your cut usually. Thats my concern in flower to stressing them.

Think I'll try doing the "gas lantern routine" inbetween the hps and cfl in my work lamp, to keep em in veg, and keep topping new heads for bushyness.. I had started flower already but has only been couple days can still probably revert as doubt they have begun really yet.

Thats sounds like a plan,I use glr hours in veg and feel it has other benifits then less electricity. Ive started seeds and rooted clones ,if they do lol, under it and have put one seed plant sprouted and vegged2monthswith glr hours into flower to sex and as soon as I saw pistil put back in veg, this happended in less than a week.It didnt take long to revert back, I cant wait to flip her for good in a couple weeks.
I dont know how much cfl you have but they can be close and are good in veg, if you can have seperate spaces use cfl light and glr hours for veg and hps for flower. If you do veg with the hps and want to use glr hours I read its better for the hps bulb and ballast to use another light like cfls for that one hour inbetween but then you should need 2 timers I guess I have a t5 that I only use for my glr now.

Sorry about the lack of update

SSPX00023.jpg
SSPX000115.jpg

The one in the bucket turned out to be herm, so I cut it down, am in reverted veg, Does it look like I topped right? I also moved the hydro back in and have started it back up, recently been getting some very good regs with nice seeds lately, so I germed a number of them and threw in with some of the brand new rockwool cubes I just got, to make use of the hydro.

Sorry on your herm plant you took out,I would say if your regs are seeded either that plant went herm or someone close did and the seeds have a stronger herm possibility. the more seeds per bud Id say best chance on herm unles the grower was breeding and you luck on a good pheno from it.
I see the one closest to camera looking like you topped it.Im not sure of a right topping way just there is better times to top. I also see alot of stretchy growth there I worry on for you and guess its from your lights up high.

Yes, there's a bit of stretchiness, I just topped that one after taking this shot, hopefully that'l stunt it's growth a bit, that one started smelling like crazy when I had started 12/12, not anymore so much since I reverted flower, but it started smelling Super Heavenly, so I have a Good feeling about that one, the Maui and other white widow are a mystery yet, I can always lst and top it some more.

I've begun re-flower, the white widow in front turns out is a male, the other big one of course is a female, and found out the maui wowie is also female, took a few clones of the maui and then one of the widow for the hydro, (the widow clone has already rooted, and rooted crazily, after only about two or three days.)
I tied down the big widow and it's stretching pretty well, may have to move the light after so long, internodes are following the light. I've decided to go without any nutrients this time on hydro, im going to try them on just natural water.

I would advise against not using any nutrients in a hydroponic medium.

I can't tell if my local dealer uses nutes or not, but he told me it's all hydro that he uses, I was wondering whether or not he does or not, he just runs everything on auto all the time; I've begun getting tips from one of my local dealer friends.

:high-five:

Did your local dealer get back to you on wheither he uses nutrients? can you take some updated photographs for us?

No I haven't had a moment to ask him that yet, been too busy enjoying his product.
Here's some new photos, not so much change but you can tell the buds are swollen a bit more; no more issues with the pesky light timer as I now have it up against the wall, and no light leakage either, the plant is getting stickier with thc oils producing on it's leaves and buds, since I have things in order a bit better than before you can tell it's a purer resin oil that plants producing since it's not being in any way stressed, although it would have been a bit potenter had I not put it back into re-veg initially, as it was smelly quite wicked back then, but still very nice the oils are much like a kushy type aroma, very delicious.

SSPX00063.jpg

SSPX00025.jpg

SSPX000117.jpg

SSPX00073.jpg

New slight issue though, I recently picked up a clean spray bottle, and since I've never had one before I went ahead and tried spraying the plants with water but I wasn't thinking the buds would have any problems, but now the buds are smelling like Cheerios. I suppose it will just grow out of it, or dry up, I won't spray the plants anymore though while in budding I think.

Unless you are treating your plants with either a insecticide or a foliar spray I would not advise you to spray your plants in flower. Excess moisture can lead to powedery mildew and bud rot in flower.

Unless you are treating your plants with either a insecticide or a foliar spray I would not advise you to spray your plants in flower. Excess moisture can lead to powedery mildew and bud rot in flower.

Well I just checked it over now, seems to be alright, seems like that smell is leaving it and going back to normal, just to be safe I rigged the light timer for the hydro bulb and fan and turned the light off, so they can have 24hr fanning, that should keep them pretty alright enough, don't think it will affect them too much long run.

Man, im just looking at these plants right now, primarily the white widow as its the bigger, and I squeezed one of the buds and Oh man, this might be one of my first actual Perfect Grows, the only thing not up to par would be using the miracle grow, but I did some research, and found that the "better" Miracle grow soils to use, are the Continuous release, or Moisture Control, which I have, and it says on the bag Moisture Control is Continuous Release, so in theory all I have to do is flush it well enough and, wallah, according to some, so I intend to do just that. Man those buds are still small but damn is that resin Sticky! and Tasty! I can't get it off my fingers, not even after washing! Their getting just what they want. Problem with the keralas and automax, was I didn't elevate the light in time for their growth, so they got burnt, and didn't even have enough time to gather super crystally resin much, and they tasted like the nutes I fed them because I didnt flush right. Although my buds probably won't be very big because I'm not using any big nutes this time, just whatever came with miracle grow until I water them out, But I've done everything right so far! Stem on widow is about the size of a penny

I know the pics aren't the greatest guys, all I have is a silly camera phone, god help me if I ever actually go out and buy a real camera, but you can take my word for it, the buds are "Swelling".

The maui isn't doing all that great because the White Widow is pretty much taking all the light I think, the stem on the Widow is crazy looking big, while the Maui is thin and scrawny, the widow is definitely the dominant plant of the grow, but I can barely see the Maui from in behind the Widow, it's hard to tell which bud is coming from which plant, I think it's mostly going to be primarily a widow harvest, this round when their done,

Back
Top Bottom