Rastas' First Grow

We're going to blink and that tent's going to be full of luscious green. :laughtwo:

Things are rolling along good here now Rastas! Loving the setup as well, lots of thought gone into this by you. Keep up the good work.

Also, I believe you said that was a T5 light hanging in there right now. You can get that type of light a lot closer to your plants if you'd like. It would be a good idea to do so once the plants pop their heads up so that they don't start stretching towards the light. T5's will not hurt your plants even up to a few inches away from the plants like they would with a high intensity light. The farther away the light is from the plants, the less light they are actually getting which will cause them to stretch trying to reach for the light :) Just another bit of info for you to think about my friend.

Things are rolling along good here now Rastas! Loving the setup as well, lots of thought gone into this by you. Keep up the good work.

Also, I believe you said that was a T5 light hanging in there right now. You can get that type of light a lot closer to your plants if you'd like. It would be a good idea to do so once the plants pop their heads up so that they don't start stretching towards the light. T5's will not hurt your plants even up to a few inches away from the plants like they would with a high intensity light. The farther away the light is from the plants, the less light they are actually getting which will cause them to stretch trying to reach for the light :) Just another bit of info for you to think about my friend.

OK, I'll make the adjustment. Thanks bother!

420-magazine-mobile15072887.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2047376625.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1220416111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

In theory this LED should work beautifully in this 5 X 5. I'll obviously raise it when I have some green showing. I need to do a bit more research on heights.

Nice set up man! I am about to get a 5 x 5 tent and was curious how many cfm your fan pulls out of your tent? I have a 2x4 tent right now and a 240 cfm fan which is over kill for that small of a size tbh. I just didn't know if it would be enough for the 5x5 space?

Yay, Rasta has babies!! Sorry I haven't been around in like almost a week, been pretty busy. Hope all is still going well over there still. The new led looks great, should be fine for the 5x5 as long as it doesn't get to crowded in there. Keep up the good work friend!

Nice set up man! I am about to get a 5 x 5 tent and was curious how many cfm your fan pulls out of your tent? I have a 2x4 tent right now and a 240 cfm fan which is over kill for that small of a size tbh. I just didn't know if it would be enough for the 5x5 space?

It pulls 710 CFM, so well and truly overkill, but with the climate control I only run the fans at 35%. Without the CC you just use the speed control dials that come with the fans. I think what you have would suffice. I'm starting from scratch with very limited knowledge, so I just went for a premium product in an effort to save from buying more than once.

Yay, Rasta has babies!! Sorry I haven't been around in like almost a week, been pretty busy. Hope all is still going well over there still. The new led looks great, should be fine for the 5x5 as long as it doesn't get to crowded in there. Keep up the good work friend!

The two that popped through are going strong. The NL in the middle hasn't popped up and that little shot glass in the back is just an experiment because I've read so many different methods. If that NL sprouts I'll be happy as that will be 3 from 3.

It pulls 710 CFM, so well and truly overkill, but with the climate control I only run the fans at 35%. Without the CC you just use the speed control dials that come with the fans. I think what you have would suffice. I'm starting from scratch with very limited knowledge, so I just went for a premium product in an effort to save from buying more than once.

Alright thanks for the reply man. I'm probably going to have to buy another one anyways, so I'm going with 440 cfm with speed control. Should've just done that in the first place lol...

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah, I think ideally I should have opted for a smaller intake as opposed to the 8". Most people seem to have a larger exhaust, but they're doing their job so I don't think it matters too much.

I keep looking at people's fan set ups and a lot have their intake at the bottom of the tent. So far *knock on wood* everything seems to be okay the way it is now. If I have to put the intake at the bottom it's a ten minute job so there's no hassle there, I just don't know if I need to. Temperatures are great, humidity is stable and my two oscillating fans are pushing fresh oxygen around the room nicely, so I think I'm sweet. My plants will tell me in good time if they're struggling I guess.

Here's a couple of pics from today...

White Widow

420-magazine-mobile683664354.jpg

Super Skunk

420-magazine-mobile2027147041.jpg

They look okay but a little wilted? I tried to research this, but they actually look just like the healthy photo on some pages. The wilted examples I've seen look like they've been trampled on. I'll obviously monitor.

The Northern Lights is no good I think. I've clearly done something wrong there. It cracked and then...nothin'.

They're all in rock wool which is then placed in rock wool cubes. The rock wool is damp but not heavy or saturated.

Looks good to me mate and loving the setup. Good to see another Aussie grower here, especially using coco with LED.
I got the same seed deal you did so I'm interested to see how the super skunk goes.
I'm only on my second grow and still a noob like yourself so I'm subbed in for this one

Don't worry about the first set of true leaves, sometimes they can come out deformed, twisted, small, large and everything in between. Always wait til you can see your 2nd or 3rd set of true leaves before thinking it was you or maybe thinking it is a mutated wonder. :)

Looking good, keep up the good work.

Don't worry about the first set of true leaves, sometimes they can come out deformed, twisted, small, large and everything in between. Always wait til you can see your 2nd or 3rd set of true leaves before thinking it was you or maybe thinking it is a mutated wonder. :)

Looking good, keep up the good work.

Ok, thanks man!

Thoughts on changing the LED over to a T5 for this part of the cycle?

I've been watching some videos by The Grow Boss and he discusses the intensity of the LED causing the plants growth to stunt in the early stages. I wouldn't know when the right time would be to change it back to LED.

Is this light overkill? Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom