Beateo's Winter 2015 Multi-Strain Indoor CFL Grow in Soil

Are you going to have enough med's around to hold out for these to completely finish? Looks like they still have several weeks to go. ...and then there is the dry/cure time. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: :hookah:

Major,
I guess the answer to that will have to be "NO". :( I haven't even seen a trichome yet so I think there is some time left. I'll likely be "speed drying" some to smoke right away... I should have known that growing my own would allow me to smoke as much as I wanted to.... and that would cause me to run out. DUH! lol
I was medicating with about an 1/8 - 1/4 ounce per month when I was buying... I think I'm smoking about a half now?... maybe even more? Plus the wife hits my vape pen just about every night for her back pain.
It's all good brother... it's not like those damn pain pills that got me "dope sick" when I ran out. If I run out of weed it sucks but I don't get dope sick and I don't turn into an asshole and try to scam friends and family out of theirs! I've yet to find a single bad side effect from smoking weed... ok... maybe one.... I run out too quick. :) I find pain easier to tolerate when I know that it's going to be over as soon as I cut some buds~! :)
:Namaste:
Are you going to have enough med's around to hold out for these to completely finish? Looks like they still have several weeks to go. ...and then there is the dry/cure time. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: :hookah:

I have been sitting here this morning watching my state's house of representatives having hearings on medical marijuana. Now I understand why it's such a battle to make this legal... these politicians are MORONS! They obviously gained their combined knowledge of cannabis from the movie "Reefer Madness". MOST of what they're discussing as fact is misinformation at best, total lies at worst.
MOST of these people appear to be well into their sixties if not older and several of them are claiming that marijuana.... or they'd spell it "marihuana" lol ... is much more dangerous than alcohol. Why open your mouth and PROVE you're an idiot? :)

Thx for the report, Brother B,
At least you watched! Most Americans these days seem to prefer to whine about things rather than act. Sorry to hear about your local morons. Our version tends to be the venal, decrepit dick-head type, who spend most of their time pandering to gun-toting religious zealots. Until somebody puts more money in their pocket than BigPharm does, they're happy to revert to '50s-era propaganda, and Science be damned.

I hear ya, bro. We had an article in yesterday's newspaper (talk about consumption for old timers), warning of the problems we will face once July 1st comes around. It was all scare propaganda right out of "RM". Pure bullshit. I was VERY happy to read the comments posted about the article. Everyone (but 2) called him out on the BS and showed support for our new legalization. :thumb:

Happy Daze Beateo....been a few days....had to get caught up:)......Girls are looking amazing brother:)....doing a great job you are:)....in my best yoda voice:)lol......i made one of those mason jar bubblers years ago when we couldnt afford anything else....worked like a pro:).....i wanted to comment on more but have forgotten what:rofl:....so i will leave it at that then:)lol

Have a great day bro:)

Ranger,
I do try to watch. I can kind of understand why not too many people do... it's incredibly boring and most politicians are so ignorant to the truth about marijuana that I about pull my fricken hair out listening to their total moronic rants! (If I had any hair left) LOL
Thx for the report, Brother B,
At least you watched! Most Americans these days seem to prefer to whine about things rather than act. Sorry to hear about your local morons. Our version tends to be the venal, decrepit dick-head type, who spend most of their time pandering to gun-toting religious zealots. Until somebody puts more money in their pocket than BigPharm does, they're happy to revert to '50s-era propaganda, and Science be damned.

Major,
So much mis-information about the subject it's no wonder they're confused! I blame a lot of it on the big drug companies.
I hear ya, bro. We has an article in yesterday's newspaper (talk about consumption for old timers), warning of the problems we will face once July 1st comes around. It was all scare propaganda right out of "RM". Pure bullshit. I was VERY happy to read the comments posted about the article. Everyone (but 2) called him out on the BS and showed support for our new legalization. :thumb:

Green Dreamz,
Missed you brother. Thanks... I'm so excited about this grow! I was amazed that my Amnesia, two weeks ago my SMALLEST girl is now towering above ALL the rest. :) The autos have buds like crazy but I can't remember from last grow when I should start seeing trichs?? Hey that bubbler is the shit man~! I used a bowl off of a really cheap metal pipe from a local shop... I can get as many of those as I want... I just keep screwing on full ones. LOL I know very well what it's like to forget half of what I wanted to say...what were we talking about?? :rofl: :rofl: You and the missus have a great day too my friend!
Happy Daze Beateo....been a few days....had to get caught up:)......Girls are looking amazing brother:)....doing a great job you are:)....in my best yoda voice:)lol......i made one of those mason jar bubblers years ago when we couldnt afford anything else....worked like a pro:).....i wanted to comment on more but have forgotten what:rofl:....so i will leave it at that then:)lol

Have a great day bro:)

My Sleestack Skunk, a "freebie" from Herbies, is getting that "CLAW" curl on the leaves again... just like my last grow. And again, it's the only plant that is doing it? I'm wondering now if it's a trait of this particular strain and not something I'm doing wrong?
In one way it has been of benefit... I can pretty much determine that the girl I was unsure of is an Amnesia and not a Skunk since only the known Skunk has that leaf curl. Positive vibes seem to matter! :)

Maybe that strain just likes less 'N' than most others (?).

Major,
I'm thinking that or something like it? None of the other girls are doing it this time or last time... it was, and is, only the Sleestack Skunk. BUT... she made it to harvest last time and the bud was good as can be so I'm not going to sweat it. :)
Speaking of N.... someone here told me last time around that the 10% N in the Jack's Classic (it's 10-30-20) I use was too much for flowering? Anyone know if that sounds right?
Maybe that strain just likes less 'N' than most others (?).

Consider the source ( :loopy: ), but that N-P-K sound like it would work for bloom. If anything it seems maybe a little high in 'P', even for bloom.

I would try easing off on the 'N' for the Sleestack if possible. See if that clears it up. The clawed leaves won't change back, but you can monitor the new growth. With my grow I was feeding all of the plants the same mix, and some plants/strains got claws and others didn't. I reckon some plants are just more sensitive to N. Like you said though, they still made it to harvest and were/are good smoke.

On a side note, I did read recently that autoflowers shouldn't be fed any 'N'. They can go straight to bloom nutrients after a couple of weeks. This was interesting to me as I burnt/killed a lot of my autoflowers, even though I was only giving them a small amount of N. What have you been giving to your AK? Seems to be pretty happy with the regime :)

Major,
That's what I was thinking. I think I might just try mixing it half of recommended.... in theory wouldn't that make it 5-15-10?
Consider the source ( :loopy: ), but that N-P-K sound like it would work for bloom. If anything it seems maybe a little high in 'P', even for bloom.

Sam,
Would it hurt to cut back to 50% nutes? I'm not sure what I should do about the autos?? If you look closely they are a bit yellow on the leaf tips. I'm not really sure what is considered "bloom nutes"? The Jack's Classic I'm using now is called bloom booster... most likely a meaningless term given by the people who want to sell it. :)
I would try easing off on the 'N' for the Sleestack if possible. See if that clears it up. The clawed leaves won't change back, but you can monitor the new growth. With my grow I was feeding all of the plants the same mix, and some plants/strains got claws and others didn't. I reckon some plants are just more sensitive to N. Like you said though, they still made it to harvest and were/are good smoke.

On a side note, I did read recently that autoflowers shouldn't be fed any 'N'. They can go straight to bloom nutrients after a couple of weeks. This was interesting to me as I burnt/killed a lot of my autoflowers, even though I was only giving them a small amount of N. What have you been giving to your AK? Seems to be pretty happy with the regime :)

Now for a few issues I'm not sure of.... Should I be trimming the autos? So far the only thing I've done at all is to cut the bottom most branches off to allow good air flow. I haven't done any trimming, bending, any kind of training at all... the 2 autos are just growing naturally. My thought is this probably isn't the right way to be doing it?
Being my first time trying mother plants, should I be trimming them as I would my other photo periods? Go for multiple tops or just allow them to grow?
When does sex start showing after the flip to 12/12? I just don't remember the last grow and couldn't find it in my last journal. lol
I have 2 skunk that I don't know male/female yet... I'm concerned with missing something and ending up with a grow room useless because of pollen all over it.
Thanks!

Never done an auto, so...
As for the pistils, I'm sure it varies quite a bit with the strain. I was able to sex my four strains after just 4 days. A few days later it was really obvious. This is a picture of my White Widow one week after the flip. I really F'd up this grow so please ignore all the burnt/yellow leaves. I either end up with light green leaves, or they burn. Nothing in between. :thedoubletake:

WW1_02-28-151.jpg

When the picture is a full size the pistils are easy to see.

My Sleestack Skunk, a "freebie" from Herbies, is getting that "CLAW" curl on the leaves again... just like my last grow. And again, it's the only plant that is doing it? I'm wondering now if it's a trait of this particular strain and not something I'm doing wrong?
In one way it has been of benefit... I can pretty much determine that the girl I was unsure of is an Amnesia and not a Skunk since only the known Skunk has that leaf curl. Positive vibes seem to matter! :)
Hello Beateo. We just chopped one of Herbie's Sleestack X Skunks about a month ago & really didn't run into any complications. I threw her into re-veg & here's how she looks today so we can follow along with one another. I'll be doing an extended Veg on her though since the smoke was good & it was the last bean of it we had; have to get some clones.

IMG_00011790.jpg

I reckon easing off to 50% just on that plant for a while would be fine. See how the new growth comes through. If it goes quite yellow, but still has claws, then I would say the claw is caused by something else (but couldn't tell you what).

With the autos, just leaving them natural is probably the best idea unless you really know the strain. They can be topped, trained, etc, but it can slow the growth too much.... just depends on the particular strain. You might be fine to give them some "N" though... again, I'd imagine it has to do with the requirements of the specific strain. Could be that the yellow tips aren't even related to N... not sure.

Major,
That's what I was thinking. I think I might just try mixing it half of recommended.... in theory wouldn't that make it 5-15-10?

Sam,
Would it hurt to cut back to 50% nutes? I'm not sure what I should do about the autos?? If you look closely they are a bit yellow on the leaf tips. I'm not really sure what is considered "bloom nutes"? The Jack's Classic I'm using now is called bloom booster... most likely a meaningless term given by the people who want to sell it. :)

Now for a few issues I'm not sure of.... Should I be trimming the autos? So far the only thing I've done at all is to cut the bottom most branches off to allow good air flow. I haven't done any trimming, bending, any kind of training at all... the 2 autos are just growing naturally. My thought is this probably isn't the right way to be doing it?

Anyone else feel all excited when your girls start getting those little tight lighter yellow colored centers among all the darker green?
The two autos are doing their own thing budding and all the rest are just getting started.. what a blast! :)

Back
Top Bottom