El Doctor - 3 Strains - 600W HID - Closet - First Grow

when will you chop them down?
when you do it, do it before lights ON, in the night period, so the salts, sugars and nutes are down in the roots, that way it tastes more pure and clean :)

wow, can't wait to see your harvest yield! :theband:

Thanks buddy...yeah I have herd that a couple of times so will deff try...unfortunately I had to chop one of the sour diesel clone I guess it became root bound and was not showing progress and had deficiencies...it was cut down at week 8 and 4 days ...147g wet wait 2 days later down to 62.7 grams with some stems on them so im thinking maybe 1 1/2 oz dry but im disappointed with the smell so far and I dont think its gonna be potent .. the other 2 look promising especially the cssh.

Im thinking the clones that were given to me have already been past their time so maybe their strain is weak therefor not giving me good results. From the beginning my CsSh has been the best out of all...

Do pop corn bud have less potency then upper buds ? shouldn't 8 weeks be enough to at least get you high if smoked because so far nothing from what I have tried of that first plant...

take a look to trichomes with a 40x - 50x lens, if they seem to be all cristal-clear they will not be potent as there is not THC there yet.

they have to be milky/cloudy to be potent (remember to check trichomes on actual buds, not on leaves, as trichomes of leaves always mature faster, a lot of people get confused with that :) )

take a look to trichomes with a 40x - 50x lens, if they seem to be all cristal-clear they will not be potent as there is not THC there yet.

they have to be milky/cloudy to be potent (remember to check trichomes on actual buds, not on leaves, as trichomes of leaves always mature faster, a lot of people get confused with that :) )

I did that everything is mostly cloudy I have even seen a amber or 2 on all 3 plants....
I tried it again today and it got me a lil high maybe it just needs to be cure in order to get good?
But this time it was from the middle buds I guess the bottom buds didnt have much tch in them ?
BTW after drying they only smell when broken ...

I placed them today in the jars .. weighted again after cutting stems an 4 days of drying down to 33.1g

Pic updates..
week 9

IMG_20150115_161905_zpsixvfmn4n.jpg

IMG_20150115_161922_zpsx5tfkifn.jpg

IMG_20150115_161929_zpsauhujnph.jpg

IMG_20150115_162000_zpsukt5qnbr.jpg

IMG_20150115_161938_zpsjioxjvtc.jpg

IMG_20150115_161949_zpsdcdv0lo5.jpg

IMG_20150115_161700_zps9ghok17p.jpg

wow doc they look amazing!

the smell that only comes when you grind the buds can be a cause of fast drying, i give them the time to dry just until the stems snap, at a 50%-60% rH. then put them immediately into the jars for curing

and yes, when they are cured they are more potent as THC-A turns into THC through a chemical process that takes place in the curing process (decarboxylation)

wow doc they look amazing!

the smell that only comes when you grind the buds can be a cause of fast drying, i give them the time to dry just until the stems snap, at a 50%-60% rH. then put them immediately into the jars for curing

and yes, when they are cured they are more potent as THC-A turns into THC through a chemical process that takes place in the curing process (decarboxylation)

Thanks ...I understand what your saying about the fast drying but in my case its with a freshly cut bud, the 2 sour diesel clones both have this problem ...yesterday I cut a small bud out of the Cssh and it smell even wet a day later with ought even touching it.

I guess they just weak phenos ?

Btw the bud that I cut yesterday from the Cssh tried it today just to compare and it got me a lil higher then the shit out here and it wasnt even dry the smell was there everything exept the taste it wasnt even harsh and I know the taste will come back when its at least dry and that was with a quick dry using oven...im about to give up on those 2 trees and just chop em down and leave the CSSH till next Thursday witch will be week 10 when it should be finished.

just took a pic of the trichomes out of the sour diesel thats been drying for 5 days now this is how they look

IMG_20150116_231624_zpsygibzaxs.jpg

it has a weird smell not mold smell but not hay unless the smell of hay im used to is different? if I open up the buds like I said before it smells like its suposed to but very faint...I already have them in the mason jars because the outside was dry while the inside felt sponge... I open the jars up for a couple of min when they sponge on the outer part of the bud ...

congratulations on your harvest doc! will be waiting for your smoke report and weight :) :high-five:

Thanks guys ...im estimating 6oz dry in total lets wait and see right now everything is drying inside the jars because if I leave them hanging they dry too quick so I let them dry for 2 days then put them for 1 day on bottom of box then trim stems and put them inside jars with open lid then with closed lid. If I dont do that they just dry out too quick happened on the first harvest so now just waiting for another week to see if I get any taste...

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom