First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

I always like to give them a little water when I transplant.
I feel it allows air and your growing medium to flow around the roots then settle; instead of dry material accidentally damaging roots or something similar occurring.

When you transplant you transplant into wet dirt and once you put the plant in place and the rootball is buried you backfill over it and water again so the roots can better settle into the dirt. Sorry I didnt answer you I went to take a nap. You can do what you like it works very well for me. The plants dont need time to acclimate from potential shock of a transplant and the follow up time is lost chance for the plant to grow. I like to avoid all of that potential pitfalls I used to transfer 3 or 4 times in its life and it became so tedious and just was worse because I knew how uneeded it was to have to keep doing it like that so I just cut out all the steps and used the last container. I get better yields and healthier stronger plants.

When you transplant you transplant into wet dirt and once you put the plant in place and the rootball is buried you backfill over it and water again so the roots can better settle into the dirt. Sorry I didnt answer you I went to take a nap. You can do what you like it works very well for me. The plants dont need time to acclimate from potential shock of a transplant and the follow up time is lost chance for the plant to grow. I like to avoid all of that potential pitfalls I used to transfer 3 or 4 times in its life and it became so tedious and just was worse because I knew how uneeded it was to have to keep doing it like that so I just cut out all the steps and used the last container. I get better yields and healthier stronger plants.

Ok thats not exactly what i did and i should have done better homework then.. Only reason i didnt was because i thought i was over watering. I gave them about 50ml each of water. Not to much

When you transplant you give more water then usual to help the soil settle the roots into place to hold the plant up. Usually plants will wilt when they are transplanted and in a day or 2 regain their strength and then continue to grow. The key is to get that wilting process over with as fast as possible because the longer its wilted the more stunted it will be when it comes back and the higher chance the plant will die.

When you transplant you give more water then usual to help the soil settle the roots into place to hold the plant up. Usually plants will wilt when they are transplanted and in a day or 2 regain their strength and then continue to grow. The key is to get that wilting process over with as fast as possible because the longer its wilted the more stunted it will be when it comes back and the higher chance the plant will die.

Great information sir.....

hey guys i been out working alot and have been behind on the plnts. they didnt take to the transplant properly because i didnt water enough the first time. i learned there.. then i also put some more air flow in there, i noticed i didnt have no where near enough.. then i have been using ph up and down to adjust my ph.. i read that the fox farm ocean forest has tons of nutes in it and didnt need any ph up and down added to the water.. i also have 2 tbls per gallon of dolomite lime in the soil which should balance out my ph.. which also didnt need any ph up and down added to my tap water i was using.. i think all these factors may have put the lil willy out.. i watered with a half cup of water on each plant last night around 1900.. i felt in the soil today around 4 and it seems dry.. im guessing i should go ahead and water again but then i feel i over water.. so i need to figure out what is to dry and what isnt.. its also hard when my wife is watering also.. as of right now big willy looks better and has new growth at the bottom but is still yellow and has some dead leaves. lil willy got all shriveled up.. also idk how but my temps are so up and down. so different from before and the temp outside hasnt changed much so idk whats goin on.. maybe you guys can chim in and put your thoughts and see whats up.

I have lots of thoughts but id like to see if others can respond and if not then I will give you some good information

I have lots of thoughts but id like to see if others can respond and if not then I will give you some good information

well should i atleast water tonight? how much in a 5 gallon pot? have been doin a half cup

No you shouldnt need to according to their size.

so one thing i did notice after i watered was that the leaves where sticking straight out instead of up like they usually are. seems like they really liked the reg tap water. i guess i will check tomorrow morning before i leave to work and see what the soil feels like.. i will put up some pics here soon of wht they look like.

They droop from overwater they stick straight out or as if they are praying when they are content and are watered just right.

heres some pics of the plants and how i positioned the fans.. they are blowing towards the walls not the plants. but i can see the plants vibrating so i can tell they are getting new oxygen.. this looks like its going bad but honestly im taking this as a learning lesson and getting it figured out before i get me a couple clones of a bud of my choice.. i will post a list and see what ppl think on the strains and if they have had any.

IMG_139017.jpg
IMG_138918.jpg
IMG_138816.JPG
IMG_138522.jpg
IMG_138415.jpg
IMG_138319.jpg
IMG_138219.JPG
IMG_138124.JPG
IMG_138022.JPG
IMG_138714.JPG
IMG_138617.JPG

Yea i dont get it either.. I think its cause i was PHing my water to 6.5 using PH up and PH down. I researched 420mag and found that stuff shouldnt be used in ffof with dolemite lime cause the dolomite lime already balances the ph and the ffof already has enough maybe to mich nutes already. Idk if my bulbs are to close or the soil is toasting them.. Idk im learning though. Lol

Hmm big Willy defiantly hurting for some N but I don't understand why. Little Willy looks like it's drying up to me but hard to tell.

Yea i think lil willy dried up cause i transplanted like an idiot!! On my next grow im gonna for sure move up pot sizes much slower.. I cant get any runoff on this thing cause that would be WAAAY to much water!! I understand what ive done wrong but i cant really do much but start over if i wanna do it a better way ya know.. If thats the case ill just buy a clone from the store!!

Back
Top Bottom