First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

It means your plants want more nitrogen. Some yellowing is normal as the nitrogen travels from older growth to the newest tips but your plants shouldnt be yellowing yet so give them some nitrogen. You an buy items high in nitrogen or you can mix used coffee grinds into the soil to hold em over until you buy nitrogen products. You can even use a bit of urine diluted very well into the water to increase the nitrogen levels. Dried blood has tons of nitrogen. I have pricked my fingers more then a few times to keep my lovelies going.

It means your plants want more nitrogen. Some yellowing is normal as the nitrogen travels from older growth to the newest tips but your plants shouldnt be yellowing yet so give them some nitrogen. You an buy items high in nitrogen or you can mix used coffee grinds into the soil to hold em over until you buy nitrogen products. You can even use a bit of urine diluted very well into the water to increase the nitrogen levels. Dried blood has tons of nitrogen. I have pricked my fingers more then a few times to keep my lovelies going.

wow that is some dedication!! i think i can try any of those to see what happens.. i may just do the coffee grinds cause my wife drinks coffee in the a.m. so maybe can try that. great info and badass tips to try though!! thats like lone survivor type shit!! badass!!

Im full of information like that. Like I said I can drop that on you whenever just dont want you to feel I am taking over your journal. Have you read my first journal? It has tons of tips like that and if you click my user name and view my blog you will see yet more and videos.

here is the nitrogen deficiency i have.. im gonna run up to the grow store and see if they have anything up there.. also get some 6500k light bulbs.

IMG_132220.JPG
IMG_132417.JPG
IMG_132321.JPG
IMG_132121.JPG
IMG_132026.JPG

That does look like nitrogen deff but it's not because of lack of it in the soil. My ffof plant has been vegging for 7 weeks with no nutes. That being said I'm wondering if you might be having issues with your plant getting roots out of that planter you started in. Might be why your leaves are up like that aswell, as above so below type thing. But interested in hearing other opinions on why there up like that. I've only been growing 6 months I still have a lot to learn my self, and would hate to be giving out bad info. If it was me I would lightly dig around that original planter with my fingers and look for roots. Adding nitrogen to that soil this early could be bad.

Yeah I didnt mean to add liquid nitrogen now but you can amend it into the soil and the plant will respond but I dont add nutrients until the 3rd or 4th node. if you dont have a ppm meter to measure nutrients then be careful because to much is a lot worse then not enough. At this stage in its growth Id not use more then 200-400 ppm in this stage and I dont know the mineral content of your water. When starting any nutrients use 1/4th the recommended dosage

That does look like nitrogen deff but it's not because of lack of it in the soil. My ffof plant has been vegging for 7 weeks with no nutes. That being said I'm wondering if you might be having issues with your plant getting roots out of that planter you started in. Might be why your leaves are up like that aswell, as above so below type thing. But interested in hearing other opinions on why there up like that. I've only been growing 6 months I still have a lot to learn my self, and would hate to be giving out bad info. If it was me I would lightly dig around that original planter with my fingers and look for roots. Adding nitrogen to that soil this early could be bad.

Yea im also curious about this lil bot thing also. Should i dig down and around in there to see if there is roots? Should i switch to a 3 gallon bucket? Was going to the 5 gallon an issue?

What was that original planter made of? I can see that amount of soil running out of nutes by now in the small planter. If the roots aren't accessing the rest off the soil it will get hungry. Just be real light with your finders dig aground the outer diameter of the little planter and look for roots. If you make it all the way around i would remove it. Take side cutters remove the planter from the root ball, replant then water a little around the edge of the transplant if the soil is dry that is.

ok so i dug around one side and didnt find any roots so i pull it out. annnnd theres some on the other side. so i just put it back in.. it seems they are making thier way threw. i went to the grow store and they said that my plant is getting burnt from the ffof so idk.. i know pulling the plant out like that may have set it back but this is a learning experience with free seeds that i got from some really good bud. i will be buying more seeds in a couple of weeks if these plants dont work out that well. i will fix my problems here on this go around and pick up as many tips and tricks that way i get my moneys worth out of the seeds i purchase.
IMG_133818.jpg
IMG_133722.jpg

Is it staying moist enough or is it dry? Are you watering around it or just the edge of the bucket?

we water around the outermost area of the small pot and around the outside of the smaller pot.. only 100 ml of water at a time.. the guy at the grow store told me to use these pots and i wish i hadnt done that route.. i may try something with my next set of seeds.. gonna do some research and see what ppl are doing.

for your next grow, I highly recommend going hempy. You can use perlite, coco, and various mixes of the two and vermiculite as well.
All you need is a bucket and something to make a 1/2" hole in said bucket about two inches from the bottom.
(and a small screen, or mesh bag if you're using perlite)

for your next grow, I highly recommend going hempy. You can use perlite, coco, and various mixes of the two and vermiculite as well.
All you need is a bucket and something to make a 1/2" hole in said bucket about two inches from the bottom.
(and a small screen, or mesh bag if you're using perlite)

hempy??

Is it staying moist enough or is it dry? Are you watering around it or just the edge of the bucket?

well i was having an over watering issue so i moved to water every two days.. before it was everyday. i changed and then this started to happen so idk.

I just now watered with about 100 ml of water 7.0 ph. When k was digging around in the soil i could tell it was a lil dry but not to bad.. I wont water again till about 2-3 days maybe.. This time i watered on the outside of the small cocanut pot. It doesnt seem to have an issue with making its way thru so hopefully it works itself out

Hey patman,
looks like it's coming along. Surprised nobody has said it but I think you are simply over watering. You shouldn't need to water that often, ever. There is a lot of info about this problem and it is one of the most common and easiest to fix!

By comparison, I've had my Hawaiian Snow going for a couple weeks, granted it's a sativa and they like it drier, and I have watered twice. Shes pretty happy.

All in all looking good.

Best of luck

Trig

Back
Top Bottom