First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

re: First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

Merry christmas to you and yours mate!

Hey you to buddy!! Thanks. Ton for everything!! Im really gld i found this site and you guys helping me out!! You guys seem like great ppl to go outta your way to check up on my journal to give me assistance!! Im very appreciative!!

Hey jinn whats up with this GLR light schedule? Have you compared your yields to previous ones to know its better? What are the benefits to it and any cons? Really curious i may try it out. Ill look up some imfo but wondering your take on it and anybody else's also.

Hey jinn whats up with this GLR light schedule? Have you compared your yields to previous ones to know its better? What are the benefits to it and any cons? Really curious i may try it out. Ill look up some imfo but wondering your take on it and anybody else's also.

I don't know anything about the glr schedule but if anyone does it will be jinn. The transplants are looking nice there gonna start cruising now. Merry Christmas by the way patman.

I don't know anything about the glr schedule but if anyone does it will be jinn. The transplants are looking nice there gonna start cruising now. Merry Christmas by the way patman.

Thanks bro merry christmas to you also!!

Merry christmas to you and yours mate!

Hey jinn didnt know if ya got my question on here so ima attach it to your comment.. Not trynna ask it a ton of times just domt know if ya had read it.. Was curious what ya though about the GLR schedule

Sorry man, must have missed it!

Ive found that with GLR it not only saves on electricity, but it allows the plant to build up flowering hormones so when it's time to flip to 12/12 they begin flowering almost instantly. ( I saw flowering in 3 days instead of 2 weeks) This allows you shave about two weeks out of your timeline, which for all intents and purposes means more yield.
Not just because it allows your to cycle your garden faster, but also because your plants are rested, and are better prepared to focus on bud development and quality.

Sorry man, must have missed it!

Ive found that with GLR it not only saves on electricity, but it allows the plant to build up flowering hormones so when it's time to flip to 12/12 they begin flowering almost instantly. ( I saw flowering in 3 days instead of 2 weeks) This allows you shave about two weeks out of your timeline, which for all intents and purposes means more yield.
Not just because it allows your to cycle your garden faster, but also because your plants are rested, and are better prepared to focus on bud development and quality.

so i should have already switched to the glr right off the bat then huh?? or could i switch to it now? thing is this dumb timer my wife bought sucks.. need to get a digital one cause it is off.. im on 18-6 now and ill go in there when i know it should be turning on and its about 15mins late.. idk why. just think the timer is slower.. is that an issue being 15 mins off?

so i should have already switched to the glr right off the bat then huh?? or could i switch to it now? thing is this dumb timer my wife bought sucks.. need to get a digital one cause it is off.. im on 18-6 now and ill go in there when i know it should be turning on and its about 15mins late.. idk why. just think the timer is slower.. is that an issue being 15 mins off?

you can switch to it now if you want, I switched from 18/6 to GLR after 2 weeks. 15 minutes shouldn't be an issue, as long as the light and dark periods remain their respective lengths, being a little early/late won't cause any undue stress.
I personally would recomend a digital timer, just because they make life a lot simpler once they're set right.
I have my lights and circulation fan plugged into my digital timer, and my exhaust fan runs non stop, all on the same buzzbar.

you can switch to it now if you want, I switched from 18/6 to GLR after 2 weeks. 15 minutes shouldn't be an issue, as long as the light and dark periods remain their respective lengths, being a little early/late won't cause any undue stress.
I personally would recomend a digital timer, just because they make life a lot simpler once they're set right.
I have my lights and circulation fan plugged into my digital timer, and my exhaust fan runs non stop, all on the same buzzbar.

yea here soon i will get me one. thanks for the info..

here is an update. havent watered today so will in the morning.. this is the second day of 18/6. can you guys see the little yellow leaves on big willy? is that ok? the plant is looking so much better though and lil willy is starting to get bigger!!

IMG_128920.jpg
IMG_128721.jpg
IMG_128626.jpg
IMG_128520.jpg
IMG_128423.jpg
IMG_128321.jpg
IMG_128218.JPG
IMG_128122.JPG
IMG_128022.JPG

Those seedlings like fine.....they actually look really good!
None of my 8 seedlings ever started reaching upward like that.....i do have a plant thats been doing that for about a week now...that plant is over 5 weeks old at this point....

i wouldnt think much of it right now.......

im not expert, not even close lol....but id say your looking bro.....stay patient and GOOD LUCK!

P
Those seedlings like fine.....they actually look really good!
None of my 8 seedlings ever started reaching upward like that.....i do have a plant thats been doing that for about a week now...that plant is over 5 weeks old at this point....

i wouldnt think much of it right now.......

im not expert, not even close lol....but id say your looking bro.....stay patient and GOOD LUCK!

Thanks guys i appreciate it!! Just fed them some water after a couple days!! This is also a good method to build up patience which i have non of..

Hey man hows it going? Ive been here everyday just seeing what everyone is saying and while I wont comment on what I think of that I will say that those small leaves you are speaking of are called cotlydeons. They are 2 embryonic leaves that sustain the plants live until actual leaves are there. Once your plants leaves can sustain life the coytlydeons turn yellow and fall off. It is a normal process and nothing to worry about unless they fall off to early in that case you will end up with a dead or stunted plant. So dont go picking off the seed casings when they get stuck on it that casing will fall off by itself eventually but if you disregard me and pick it off anyways use tweezers. you dont want to pick off those embryonic leaves messing around with it. Have a good day

By seed casings you mean when they first busted out of the seed and it was still atached? At the beginning i popped it off with some tweezers.. As for info please let me know if something is wrong. And if somebody gives wrong info a personal message will be good.. Just shoot me one of those that way we dont start anything.. This is all for fun and learning so im not gonna take it the wrong way and hope nobody else does also. But thanks for the info on the coytldeons. With each persons post helping me out im learning a shit ton!!

Yes you are correct. The outer shell almost always gets stuck. I scarify my seeds to help them though.

I had 1 plant die shortly after germination.....i think 100% the cause of death was that i tried to pull the seed shell off.....it didnt want to come and i kept pulling til it ripped off.......the Cotyledons looked like shit after that and it dies a day later....

....so everyone is right....let the seed fall off on its own.....dont mess with it.

Back
Top Bottom