First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

re: First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

You can move them closer if you want. Try using a book or a vhs case or something like that and as the plant gets bigger then take them away 1 by 1. With cfl they have to be a inch or 2 at the very most away or the stems will elongate needlessly which is called stretching. It isnt to big of a problem but then you will have to do more work in that you will have to get the plant our and rebury the stretched part or it wont be able to hold the leaves.

i guess with the photos it seems they are far away cause i moved them but they are 1 inch away from the 42 watt cfl. im wanting to keep a shorter plant and also will be fiming them both.

Dont fimm until the 4th node minimum. Fimming earlier will likely stunt the growth and fimming at 4th node will bush out your plant.

Dont fimm until the 4th node minimum. Fimming earlier will likely stunt the growth and fimming at 4th node will bush out your plant.

roger that!!

here is some pictures from today.. just got done watering and adding some more soil to support the smaller of the willy wonka's. i kind of knocked it over when adjusting the lights.. thought i snapped it in half.. wheew.. we added a good bit more cfl.. i think we are close to 180-200 watts. still have some more just need to get more connections and figure a way to clean up the cords and what not.. as of now we will leave it be.. not trying to add any more money until i buy nutes and the 400 watt hps light.. also some fans and timers..

IMG_119723.jpg
IMG_119823.JPG
IMG_119920.JPG
IMG_120221.JPG

well i just cant stay out of the room. i just want them to grow so fast lol.. i had some shiny styrofoam around so i decided to chop it up and use it to reflect the light back up to the bottom of the plants.. ive read some ppl say not to and some say to.. i dont see tht it will cause any issues and if it does then ill take it out.. till then i think it looks pretty good. also i have been following forum member light addict.. dang that guy knows what he is talking about!! his grow journals and step by steps are awesome and show you some great ways to increase yields.. great info!!

IMG_120625.JPG
IMG_120327.JPG

I use reflectors to reflect light back up. Have for a long time now. You can cut pieces of cardboard that will fit on top of the container. Take tin foil and wrap it around the cardboard to shape. Cut from the outside to the radius(middle) make sure the cut is wide to fit to the stem and presto cheap ass reflectors. Try to keep the tinfoil crinkle free. Yes it works. I have my own scientific numbers to prove it to me. I try not to release my scientific data until its replicated or better 10 times so I cant say a definitive until I use this method 1 more time but it gives me a 9% increase in yield for very little investment since I own these things already and yes light addict is pretty good. He has some good stuff for sure.

Hope the stryofoam works I didnt see it yet. I was addressing your post first.

Hey I would suggest a transplant now :) that way they will get comfortable with conditions sooner, I usually transplant mine into the final sized pot about a week after germ, that way the ph will level out at the water absobtion will be much easier to deal with :) looking good though awesome ! :bravo:

Hope the stryofoam works I didnt see it yet. I was addressing your post first.

When i transplant im gona make some reflectors just like you stated!!! Great advice for sure!!

Hey I would suggest a transplant now :) that way they will get comfortable with conditions sooner, I usually transplant mine into the final sized pot about a week after germ, that way the ph will level out at the water absobtion will be much easier to deal with :) looking good though awesome ! :bravo:

Ok that makes sense, i will do that tonight for sure.. I gona switch them to 5 gallon buckets. Will that be ok?

Thanks for the PM with the kind words and invite! :)
Its always nice to know you've helped someone through your work here on 420 :)

Ok everything looks fine and your getting solid advice already. I'm more training etc anyways. Subbed up though and here if ever required, best of luck for sure! :)
So modest, even experienced growers can benefit from taking a look at some of LA's tutorials, or just thumbing through his journals. The man enjoys pushing the envelope and helping out the community.

Thanks for the PM with the kind words and invite! :)
Its always nice to know you've helped someone through your work here on 420 :)

Ok everything looks fine and your getting solid advice already. I'm more training etc anyways. Subbed up though and here if ever required, best of luck for sure! :)

hey thanks bro.. i will need some help with the training but me and my wife are down to try your methods and get the most and best yield possible.. im really hoping i can get my plants to come out like yours.

heres the plants tonight. we will transplant tomorrow i hope. does the bigger of the two look to droopy? leaves are hanging pretty low. seems heavy. idk just curious. still out lerking here and there to find info!! thanks for all the help so far!! gona need yall when the important times come along. im checking out yalls grow journals to so ill be along for the ride the whole time, hope yall will be too.

IMG_121421.jpg
IMG_121215.jpg
IMG_121119.jpg
IMG_121020.jpg
IMG_120914.jpg

You are correct subnoise

5 gallon buckets will be fine as long as you can tend to the watering needs, so the bigger the container the less often you will have to water, which would be good considering they look a tad over watered, so 5 gallon is fine per plant as long as you have enough organic matter or liquid nutrients for them, I would personally go bigger as the bigger the pot you use reduces the variables quite a bit like P.H, Soil temp, Nutrient absorbtion and watering.
Once you transplant water once with about 100mls every 2 days (around the outside of the pot away from the stem) until the leaves are sticking out dead straight.

They look really healthy so you I'm sure you'll be just fine either way :)

5 gallon buckets will be fine as long as you can tend to the watering needs, so the bigger the container the less often you will have to water, which would be good considering they look a tad over watered, so 5 gallon is fine per plant as long as you have enough organic matter or liquid nutrients for them, I would personally go bigger as the bigger the pot you use reduces the variables quite a bit like P.H, Soil temp, Nutrient absorbtion and watering.
Once you transplant water once with about 100mls every 2 days (around the outside of the pot away from the stem) until the leaves are sticking out dead straight.

They look really healthy so you I'm sure you'll be just fine either way :)

ok great advice.. i am actually going to transplant right now with perlite and dolemite lime in 5 gallon buckets. hope it goes well.. and dangit it feels like the soil is really dry but i guess i need to get my finger deeper into the soil and make sure. my wife is watering while im at work so i will pass on the info to her. thanks for the help cause that was great info!!

Back
Top Bottom