New Grow - First Time Using Premium Strains

How long do you think it would take for some plants to recover from accidental light exposure during a dark period?
My mattress is right next to my light timer and while I was sleeping one time I must have rolled over and squeshed some of the buttons on it and it ended up getting hps light for im not sure how long approx 3 hours after needed to be dark.

If they are in veg cycle no probs. Only when they are 12/12 is this a problem. Don't sweat it Ineed, you can't do anything but wait it out, it'll probably be fine. I hope you have corrected the issue with the position of the timer as it will happen again if you don't, and that could spell trouble.
How long was it till you noticed? If the timer was wrong for a prolonged period then keep your eye out for nanas, or reverted veg.

That's what I DONT want.. lol yes they where all in flower and that's when it happened, it'll take me a while to move it as I've got stuff and guitars, equipment etc. blocking the way everywhere, hopefully it won't affect too much, not much has changed since last but I'll take some shots tomorrow or tonight for you guys..

also, I took one of the kerala skunk clones that was really puny from the hydro and replanted it in a dirt pot in the side corner with the gas lantern technique re-vegging it to maybe keep it as a mother..

The Hydro buds smell the best and "seem" least affected by the light expose, the dirt plants are still coming along with getting their potency/smells back, I think..

Here's how they are, the hairs on the soil plants have almost all turned red
SSPX00018.jpg

SSPX0001a1.jpg

SSPX0001b.jpg

SSPX0001c.jpg

The last one is another swiss cheese, I baught 2 and decided to do both shortly after I did the first.

I am starting to see little white things coming out on the Soil Kerala's, it looks like it could be banana's not sure, If so should I just harvest now?

btw been sampling some of the Hydro k-skunk (clipped off a nug and let dry), and it's pretty damn good.
Just clipped another slightly bigger one to get with the flow.

I cant picture what your saying with white things.The bananas Ive seen were greenish poking out of buds then turning yellow and opening.This can happen from stress or late flowering,"rodalization" "bolting" its called too. People will collect female pollen for use or let the plant keep growing to possibly get a few female seeds. You could harvest, partial harvest,or keep pushing her, just have a good dry and cure plan setup for getting it better and stronger than what your testing.I am actually wanting to wash my next harvest after cutting so my hash trim and buds are cleaner. :thumb::peace:

I cant picture what your saying with white things.The bananas Ive seen were greenish poking out of buds then turning yellow and opening.This can happen from stress or late flowering,"rodalization" "bolting" its called too. People will collect female pollen for use or let the plant keep growing to possibly get a few female seeds. You could harvest, partial harvest,or keep pushing her, just have a good dry and cure plan setup for getting it better and stronger than what your testing.I am actually wanting to wash my next harvest after cutting so my hash trim and buds are cleaner. :thumb::peace:

I can't tell what it is but it's definitely some type of growth occuring on both the Soil plants, it's not mould which I first thought because it's not hairy or web like, and the pattern is consistently coming in, maybe mine are white? Their really small right now, I've already got a mother plant coming in from clone and I spread some bagseed pollen long ago on some of the lower branch kerala's so I've already got some seeds not so worried about that. I've kept the cuttings in the center of my room to dry, but when I do a bigger harvest I'll just shut off the lights totally and hang in closet, the Hydro I'll wait a while longer I think before harvest, because I can lower the light and maybe the buds will still swell more, that's what I had planned anyways, and I don't think they would mind the extended dark period, light from my window I can tell affected potency a bit, in the closet with total darkness will fair them best.

I think they are either balls or bananas, they start out as white-ish maybe yellow with lime-green. Their spreading virtually everywhere on the plant, can't see it on the camera cause the macro sucks. Unless they are new nodes of bud, I wanna clip them whadda you think?

If they are all over the plant and you clip em off you'll have nothing left. You say they already have been pollinated so I'd say just leave em on as they may produce fem seeds. After pollination the potency is reduced, so the damage is already done, just harvest the seeds for the future when they are ripe, and smoke the weed afterwards.

no I don't mean clip them, I mean clip the plants, I only pollinated part of some of the bottom branches maybe a couple seeds max, the rest is unpollinated with bud.

If she's got nannas everywhere you could try removing them all with tweezers, or if you really don't wont seeds then your gonna have to harvest them before the pollen is released.

There's way too many to take out with tweezers.. But their all still really tiny, almost unnoticable, guess that means only one thing... Harvest Time!

Do you think the bananna's/pollen sac, balls etc.. will affect the taste much? or the way it burns, after being dried/cured? because if it doesn't, I may be looking at a whole lot of bud here :)

these is from my LA Confidential number 2 that i sprayed with silver thiosulfate in my Seed Cabinet, the link to my journal is in my signature. these are female pollen sacks and bananas as they are called. does what you are describing look like this?

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_014.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_015.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_016.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_017.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_018.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_019.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_020.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_021.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_022.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_023.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_024.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_09-01-2013_-_025.JPG

Yes, only mine where much smaller, It was the HPS light that went on by accident and "was" on for a while, that's why they started appearing everywhere I guess because the hps penetrates really well.. I'm not sure if I saw any on the hydro or not (they look amazing btw), will the buds still be smokeable once dried/cured? Or will would it affect taste, or smokeability?

I can't wait to harvest that hydro, those buds are tantalizing, and there's so much.

i am sure anyone who has smoked outdoor grown cannabis has smoked some pollen, when i was younger most of all the cannabis we had was seeded. if those are seeds and not pollen sacks the plants will now focus on seed production and not THC production.

i am sure anyone who has smoked outdoor grown cannabis has smoked some pollen, when i was younger most of all the cannabis we had was seeded. if those are seeds and not pollen sacks the plants will now focus on seed production and not THC production.

It's true, most of the buds people buy and sell and smoke around my area are what are known as "regs" which is pollinated bud with lots of seeds, usually by commercial growers from either mexico or somewhere; Although better varieties are also around their still not usually "that" good. But these are not seeds, I was strict on any male plants and took them out quickly, those are sacs from stress, and they are small but plentiful, I have just harvested this morning and are hanging in my closet, I suppose when dried completely the sacs probably wouldn't be much noticeable when smoking.. There's still plenty of crystals around it nothing much for stopping it from still being pretty potent.

Back
Top Bottom