New Grow - First Time Using Premium Strains

I really gotta work on my curing though, I need a standard, straight forward, repeatable method for curing, as I still feel I might have not done it right, seems too dry, sticky, but not tasting very good, maybe not cured all the way yet?.. It's like, im not sure if im getting high, but it's definitely not getting me stoned.. I want this bud to get the job done, and last me a little at least. I don't want to dry them out into dust; I've got them jarred right now.

What I do is I hang em in my grow box with lights out for about 4 days with the fan on an hour off an hour. When the stems make a quiet crack sound theyre ready to be cured. Don't let them dry too much so the stem snaps. Then put them in a mason jar half fill em and burp em a couple of times a day and roll the buds around in the jar. Sounds like you've dried em out so the outside is dry and the inside is still too moist, don't worry its better than being too dry, just burp the jars more frequently and the inside moisture will soon dampen the outside and evaporate off leaving you with some nice smoke. Keep an eye out that they don't get moldy, if so get them out of the jar for a couple of hours a day till theyre perfect. They should be done curing to an acceptable degree within two weeks. The longer they cure the more stoned youll get.

I made the stupid mistake of smoking within the vicinity of the buds that where drying, and then waiting for them to be able to be put in jar for curing, I'm super impatient and restless, can't seem to get high enough just to be able to mellow out for long enough.. And there's not enough space to do everything in. But if the buds cure out enough maybe that taste will be neutralized and I'll only be able to taste budz aroma.. hmm.. because, it's like, they wanna taste good.., but they just don't quite make it, then they smoke harsh on top of that, burn super easy, but then burns your throat and leaves bad aftertaste...

In other news,.. I did purchase some new seeds, for having extra strains, spent a little bit more than I was supposed to but im sure should be worth it.. Just gotta be able to get the seeds I've got minus the ones that didn't make it, to germ, having a hard time for some reason, im starting to think it might be from some sort of a bad vibe. The new ones I get have to germ at least, aswell as these blueberries I've got bagged, I have to get something to start germing;
I want my multi-strain variety so I could fill up the hydro machine with all interesting varieties and not just some lame one if there were to be desire for something different. When things are moving, I might cluster it up with as differential as 1 Strain per net, which isn't bad considering how well 1 single plant can yield when topped well and lollipopped etc, and in a hydro. It'd be a real hydro setup with a different strain per hole, I was gonna go for 2 nets a strain, but im going to have a lot more now so probably, 1 net a strain, not to mention the soil mothers..

What a lovely garden it could be. :circle-of-love:

Oh, and I moved that lamp up higher, to adjust for the kerala, it's now another foot up higher so their not touching the glass, just had to move around some closet shelving. :) gotta keep em green.

Sounds good for the closet change, can we see how she/they look? your hydro also , is that happening well too. I worry on res temps ,ppm,ph too much to even try for me right now. The problems you mentioned on the auto buds you harvested could be more than how you dried em. Was there flushing done and it could have been seed genetics ,environment , other stresses. Other thoughts would be go easy on mutiple strains at once cuz it gets hard catoring to each ones needs. probably even more issues with them feeding from same hydro tub. Start as simple as possible to find out how your strains grow and what plant size is best for the setup, like how long for a clone to root an veg for best harvest. :thumb:

I'm pretty sure I know why, it's most likely from the stress caused from a rather ruthless transplant, I could tell she wasnt going to retain her absolute taste after that, guess I'll just let it cure best it will. I did flush it once.

The Hydro is doing Awesome. Those kerala's are slow budders, and in my hydro their already going very well, super much faster;, I've been topping and topping them, I just fed them a few tsp of nutes the other day, looked like they really responded well.

One of the clones got smashed by something falling on it, snapped the little stem right in half, and the bagseed turned out male, the other bagseed is a hermie.

SSPX00017.jpg

SSPX0001a.jpg

SSPX0002a.jpg

SSPX00042.jpg

SSPX00143.jpg

SSPX00085.jpg

SSPX0013.jpg

SSPX00095.jpg

SSPX00122.jpg

SSPX00111.jpg

SSPX00072.jpg

SSPX0002a.jpg

SSPX00035.jpg

Hows seed germination doing and how do you do it again? There was a time back when I felt I had a bad vibe hanging around and thankfully the fog has lifted. the last clone exp a few rooted and today after 30 hours 2 BC Blueberry reg seeds split. Im hopeing for a female or two to flip no later than 10/1 for a holiday med supply. All I did was put dry seed in a folded napkin< Next times only paper towel , and poured some bottled water in the zip lok and had it sitting over my t5 for warmth on a metal drying rack.The napkin basically disinigrated a paper towel moistened can be opened and closed without tearing much when checking.:goodluck::Namaste:

Hows seed germination doing and how do you do it again? There was a time back when I felt I had a bad vibe hanging around and thankfully the fog has lifted. the last clone exp a few rooted and today after 30 hours 2 BC Blueberry reg seeds split. Im hopeing for a female or two to flip no later than 10/1 for a holiday med supply. All I did was put dry seed in a folded napkin< Next times only paper towel , and poured some bottled water in the zip lok and had it sitting over my t5 for warmth on a metal drying rack.The napkin basically disinigrated a paper towel moistened can be opened and closed without tearing much when checking.:goodluck::Namaste:

Germination is still at a stand still, Ive got about 15 blueberry seeds in one paper towel n baggie, and if their still alive jedi and another one in another napkin, still nothing happening yet

Ordered_Products.png

I'm aspiring on getting a tent, as they have a small enough sized one just big enough to fit in my spot, and it only costs $80, real interested in that, hopefully germination starts happening again I don't want to waste these.

Sorry on the no germination standstill. I hope things start turning around. Tent sounds cool too,Those seem to be able to keep smell in chek with exhaust fan and a filter, how about lights like same or upgrade. I recently went to store for a filter and fan to clean the air of whole closet and bathroom its off of for 180 and was also sold a 600wat digital ballst and a sealed hood along with a 600w hps bulb. 250. 430 out the door for everthing on my investment. Ive only set up fan and filter and it has been worth the money so far.I plan on testing light in next flower or even wait for the move. I figure I could of saved some dow now ordering online Oh well I guess one grow I say pays it off.
I like those new seeds too, dont know squat on strains so I looked them over to see. Keep it simple to start out, how long have those 15 seeds been wet? and sorry I worry but what would you do on them all sprouting maybe a SOG 2liter hempy grow. our lights can only shine so much,sorry for ranting again.:goodluck: :peace:

I can't go higher on lights or nothing like that probably any time soon, I was only looking into it because I saw it just the right size to fit for only $82, seemed meant for me, even though I can't afford it right now it'd be a big trouble saver, wasn't going to use an exhaust.. As long as it trapped most the heat/smell/light inside. I don't want the grow to take over completely my room too much, but at same time I don't want my room to take over the grow completely, I'd like the smells/odors to stay separate a bit, what I have up now does a decent job, but I would like to be able to access my closet occasionally other than in-between dark periods, my first plant that yielded fair of bagseed was pretty much ruined because I brought it out in the light near the end for a while and potency and smell disappeared over night, I was heart crushed; So I am paranoid like crazy to even go near the closet when it's in dark, it'd be much easier to just have to deal with some mylar inside-coated tent, probably yield more even too, I'd still use the light I have, I have to get some good use out of that before I upgrade again, it was and still is a big step jumping to hps from where I was at,, a little tent, a little light, that's how I keep it simple. For the seeds, they've been about 3 days I think (this has happened to me before but not in a long time, still can't figure out why) if they all germ I might give some away, buddy gave me like 60+, so they'll be plenty for now or future, and im grateful for that. But right now my faith is ill.

I think my automax buds might be rotten/ moldy. I was reading about this and it does smell really bad, not in a good way, seems like it could be something about it, it's not making me high, just seemingly sick, ughk.

Not worth it then Id say, Can you cut/dry samples off the kerala for an early taste. Ive read its best to slow dry it ,To do that I would have to raise humidity in the dry box and I dont and that speeds the process while hampering quality minimumaly, but usually I will just trim leaves off with no sugar and cut off leaf tips with none too. This along with cutting branches off to hang seperate wil dry for me in aweek to be able to smoke the smaller popcorn for sure. stems will crack some and then I trim the buds to more eye appeal and save all this trim for last resort smoke or until there is enough to try for hash. Then i cut buds from stems and put on plate and let them sit out overnight maybe 2 again.Then it is pretty stable to jar up and usually they dont moisten up overnight but I still open and smell the changes from grass hay to decent weed all the time smokeing it til its gone.Personal goal would be to have supply with at least 2 weeks in jar curing to smoke from and not as soon as it burns from cutting,, the perpetual flowering is starting to set me up that way if things go smooth next couple months.
3 days on those seeds isnt that long maybe older stock hopefully they sprout for ya soon :thumb:

I think the biggest thing is I really need a fan, to blow on the plants or around them occasionally to clear up air, that and a tent would separate environments better and enclose them.

The Kerala's are still too immature, their all just mostly hairs still, but even so I'm not really much of a Sativa kinda guy, I wish those where all indicas, but I held off on germing the other seeds I had because I didn't figure I'd have enough space/etc for them, I hate for this to turn into some sort of a hard luck story, anyone wanna send me a few there buds? lol

Also cause I knew either the cheese or which not was going to definitely smell like crazy, and I didn't think I could handle containing it all, so I opted to just do the keralas they sent free, and they barely smell at all to be honest, the mint takes away from the cannabis odor quite a lot, sometimes you can hint at the skunk, and the rest is all citrus smelling, I expect that to come out a lot more as it matures..

On the weaker Kerala Skunk, the one which had damage from the light a lot, I am experiencing a quantity spread of Mold over the top part of the soil near on one side of the pot, is there anything I should do or any particular way to kill it completely, can it spread? What should I do?

The weaker plant will need to be watered individualy when its bone dry, not on a schedule with the others. You can put an extra inch of soil on top to stop the spores getting in the air, but if the new soil stays wet for too long it will just come back. Mold is probably growing due to the surface of the soil remaining wet for too long, so a fan would help dry it out quicker. You could also remove that top layer of soil and replace with new. The trick is to let um dry out between waterings. I don't water mine until the water meter is reading dry all the way to the bottom of the pot, and they don't wilt till a day later. The mold on the soil surface is probably peniciline. bud rot is botritys, so I don't think the mold will cause bud rot. Mite make them taste a bit shit though. Good luck

My first bagseed started getting a little soil mold, but it didn't affect the taste none, but what did effect the taste and potency, was prematurely bringing it out into the light during one of it's dark periods :yikes:, but I at least got one good j out of it to know what it tasted, and was great. Scary sight though to see a whole bunch of mold growing near one of the plants, but as long as it's not contagious to the buds, I'll just pick the shit outta there maybe give 'er some new soil on the top and I've been meaning to put in a fan. :thanks:

Some good news, I've been able to germ seeds again, no luck on the blue hashes but now I've got swiss cheese and medical mazar x White Rhino fem planted, cracked shells and tails where long enough so now their in starter cups, MEDICAL WHITE RHINO MAZAR FEMINISED, and now I got it for sure a strain to clone once it grows! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom