New Grow - First Time Using Premium Strains

Good to see things are going so nice man.HOw big are those Keralas now? Man would I love to get serious and put a $big grow down, maybe when we move next year:goodjob::popcorn:

Their pretty big, the light is off right now so Ive got to wait until tomorrow and I'll take some pics, they almost hit the hps, don't seem to be burning though from it, I think maybe because it's only 150watt that it's not (so bad) otherwise, their tall as hell, for indoor plants.. I'm excited that im going to be getting those blueberry seeds, that was pretty cool luck, the kerala's im sure are ok plants, but I have to say im not a fan of minty, and that's kind of what they are smelling like, althought that and everything could all turn around by harvest time, I don't know what they'll be like really until I smoke em, I'm anxious to get my Jedi and Cheese going, and now, I'll add the blueberry to the mix,
my only problem right now is just that I don't have anywhere to put them, it's my first time using the hydro as well, so I'll find out first hand how long it generally takes from seed/clone to harvest, depending how long it takes I'll know when to plant them as mama's in soil,
and then what I'd like to do, is put them in hydro of 2 of each, since I have 8 sites, I'd make 2 cheese, 2 jedi's, 2 Blueberries, and maybe 2 kerala's, or whatever I've got at the time :) Consistent production of each strain, continuously

SSPX00191.jpg
SSPX00203.jpg
SSPX00225.jpg
SSPX00232.jpg

Hey Man everything looks good. I like those roots there in your hydro. The keralas are tall, you should think some on training next round like lst or topping to control height and have more toppers getting equal light, its weird how that one main bud is getting the most growth hormone there and when theres more toppers they get equal share,closet to light gets the most. I like the hydro setup you have there, If there still in veg I would think on switching since that may get crowded, tie them over and keep an even canopy, teh lower branches will respond to getting more light Sorry for telling but I have small grow space and you have to find how big to go with what light n space there is for best yield

Hey Man everything looks good. I like those roots there in your hydro. The keralas are tall, you should think some on training next round like lst or topping to control height and have more toppers getting equal light, its weird how that one main bud is getting the most growth hormone there and when theres more toppers they get equal share,closet to light gets the most. I like the hydro setup you have there, If there still in veg I would think on switching since that may get crowded, tie them over and keep an even canopy, teh lower branches will respond to getting more light Sorry for telling but I have small grow space and you have to find how big to go with what light n space there is for best yield

I just flipped the switch yesterday on the hydro :) 2 of them where still waiting for roots to come out the nets, (for some reason roots where coming up instead of going down) now the 1 is got a mini root poking out the bottom slowly, and the other hasn't yet but who knows, I figured to flip it; I had been thinking about doing something of the nature, I had no idea they would get that tall, but I think it's because it's mostly a sativa strain, I've never grown a sativa before. I asked down the road if I should top them or not a long time ago but no one answered lol, I understand, think im gonna start topping probably tomorrow, im just grateful to have anything literally grow here, only thing im unsure of is the tying and lst, I'm real unsure of how to do that, but topping sounds good. Soon as the light goes back on I'll sneak in there an do what I gotta do, an thanks.

I wish it was legal here, cause it's hot as balls out right now, I know they'd thrive outdoors.

I put three cheese-it boxes underneath the Automax to bring it closer to the light :laughtwo:

In retrospect: I like the old school christmas-tree look, hell if it where the season I'd put lights on em and decorate. I'll slowly be moving towards the modern-day cropping methods, I know it seems a little crowded.. But, you gotta understand, their having a party in there. :)

Sorry to go off specific so much, but also, a friend of a friend of mine's happens to have a secluded space in between their house and their neighbor's that they have sectioned off, and decided to begin a grow back there, they've got some 5 pack of Vanilla Kush seeds, and along with asking for my help said I could put some of my own plants back there if I want, no problem.(could probably grab a few clones as well); So I've got a space now for outdoors, I just have to decide when and what pretty much.

Don't worry about telling me what to do, this is my first generally serious grow; and the beginning of hopefully potentially many more to come, I'm the inexperienced one, what I learn now is what I'll repeat for future grows time and again,--- I'll take the pictures... you can tell me what to do, and then I'll simply repeat the process afterwards on my own, and then we can all watch it happen; I'm sure there's priceless tips that I can't afford to miss in this process that could really make all the difference, so go ahead, help me make the most of this garden.

YOu can for sure grow good and every round is a learning exp to this art:thumb: I just thought on something for you on DIY making another hydro tub and transfer some cups over, if there was space and light for it. I am working on transplanting and tying down a plant of mine in veg now that had also been topped.Its a blackskull fem Jack Herer I started from seed and lost 6 of 6 clones taken so far.I really havent grown this strain or others jus some bag seed.Any way she looks strong and mature the nodes are getting close I will have to flower her (hopefullylol) soon so it will fit after stretch inmy space. I will use pipe cleaners to ty down branches anchored to pot either in holes drilled or just duct taped down like they are now to keep all the weight low and hopefully heavier,Im not so experienced I feel but sure have lots of ideas some Ive tried and more I want to. :peace::cheer:

I've looked on your journal a few times, and looks good, I want to get a yield like that, an have virtually more bud than I can smoke. I'm not sure if im doing something wrong, but, my bud does not look nearly at all like yours, on my Automax; It may be that its just too premature, but the bud kinda just looks-feels-almost even smells like soggy popcorn, and their really airy, not dense.. Could it be because it's too close to the light, or too much heat? im worried

I've never tried using nutes before, maybe I should to make her dense up a bit, if there's still time left for that?

I was also worried that putting her too close to the light might be damaging thc crystals... But that kind of sounds a little contradictory to the nature of how the buds grow, I see no physical noticable damage, but then again she has nearly little to no leaves and is all mostly just bud, it's hard to tell what's affecting what. I can only tell when the buds are doing well when they are mostly dry crisp and sticky

can you post some photographs so we can judge what may be affecting your plants? what is the pH of your nutrient mixture you are feeding your plants? how often are you watering and are the pots heavy with water or light? how close to the compact florescent light bulbs are your plants? what is your temperature and humidity?

can you post some photographs so we can judge what may be affecting your plants? what is the pH of your nutrient mixture you are feeding your plants? how often are you watering and are the pots heavy with water or light? how close to the compact florescent light bulbs are your plants? what is your temperature and humidity?

I'm not using any nutrients, at least, not in the soil grows; I'm using Miracle Gro Moisture control Soil. I water every, to every other day, depending if top of soil is dry are not, pots are generally heavy, except with Kerala's, because are smaller pots though. Not using compact fluorescents for these but when/if I do, usually a couple inches to a foot away depending on where I can latch them. Right now under 150w Hps little under a foot, I'd say half a foot, kerala's are within inches but don't seem to be hurting. Don't have a thermometer not sure on humidity, but I'd say about maybe 80 degrees f, humidity 40-50?

SSPX00015.jpg
SSPX00022.jpg
SSPX00034.jpg

Those are the Keralas that are shorter with fatter buds and the tall one is your auto? It looks like 3 plants under that hps! Keralas look good like they are getting some budswelling, They around 6-7 weeks flower I think after reading back I wonder how long they got to go.I just tied down the 6 branches on my fem jack herer in veg and she responded good and fast,gonna be a beast I must put her in flower soon, probably next weekend or so.:thumb:

Those are the Keralas that are shorter with fatter buds and the tall one is your auto? It looks like 3 plants under that hps! Keralas look good like they are getting some budswelling, They around 6-7 weeks flower I think after reading back I wonder how long they got to go.I just tied down the 6 branches on my fem jack herer in veg and she responded good and fast,gonna be a beast I must put her in flower soon, probably next weekend or so.:thumb:

The Kerala's are the 2 tallest ones with buds still just mostly white hairs, the big buds are the Auto plant. 3 indeed, it's a magic number :grinjoint: I was wondering if the buds will fill out more, because as they are their kind of airy, lots of space inbetween, wanted to know if that'll dense out more in time, I know it's not ready yet, I just forget how the process goes if their still going to swell more and evenly before harvest.

I finished topping every single one of the Hydro plants, except the 2 that are still late onset in rooting, 1 might not make it, but the other's showing promise. Then once those tops come in I'll top em again, and then maybe another time. :)

I'm taking chances with how long the hydro will take, but I'm guessing it should be much faster, and is acclaimed to yield much more as well, so I have faith in that. So once they get bigger quite more and stuff, I move them to under the hps, and probably use net or something to hold them together, if get too top heavy, :) that should be around time enough for Auto to be finish, so there'll be more room for them as well, I will continue this process, and while hydro is maturing, side tent will be use for starting and vegging Royal Cheese, Jedi Kush, Blueberry Hash, and Vanilla kush. which will then later be cloned in hydro, I may purchase some how or add a small t5 over the rest of the area, because I was thinking around 4-6 potted plants, I can get a 10 pack of 5 gal bag pots for $10, depends which turn out male and female that makes the difference, I may need more light to accomodate a few extra plants that have room. Should probably get a small fan as well.

are you over watering your plants or are you letting them dry out sufficiently? you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. i would not recommend Miracle Gro soil to grow cannabis in, when i first started growing i made that mistake as well. instead i would recommend a peat moss, perlite and vermiculite mixture and a good nutrient company's products. i use General Hydroponics Flora series myself you could use the General Organics line if you wished to grow organically. a lot of members are using Blue Planet Nutrients and getting good results with them.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: Flora Series

Blue Planet Nutrients

Man, well I've grown in miracle grow before, it "WORKS", maybe not 100% ideally, but I can't change that now, maybe in the future I can do some combination of that stuff, I've tried finding the premium soils before but they just don't seem to have it anywhere I live around, there's several different kinds of the stuff, and I found the moisture control to work the best, I figure. I've got some hydro nutes that came with my kit, but didn't know I could use them with soil..

I fed the automax plant with some hydro water to see if that helps it fill out a bit more, I did that a long time ago not thinking and that might have affected it unknowingly, got a decent amount of nutes in the tank water..

I can't wait until my order comes, feels like it's been hard keeping my head on in these times, im really needing a supply. Should be pretty good though, it's not the greatest, it was the cheapest of the selection he offers, but im gettin a nice amount, still medical grade quality, of some Chronic x M39, guy said it's perfect for Insomnia, an I hope it comes soon, cause it's keeping me up waiting for it.

I'm pretty sure the automax is pretty close to harvest, majority of hairs have almost turned brownish-orange, and there's some nice heavy crystals taking onset, some parts of bud have almost completely resinated areas, where they look almost completely layered in nice white crystals, and are trichnoming at some parts fairly well. I suppose you could say the crystals are getting a little cloudy-ish looking I would say. Just spent a few minutes and gave her a good flush in the tub to make sure there's no chance of nutes possibly lingering around in the soil to affect taste. I think if I wouldn't have had to transplant her in the middle a long time ago, she would have been a lot stronger, and smelling as well, I could tell when I pulled her out long ago, the smell from the roots was really pungent, and I know it lost some of that when it lost some of it's roots and I had to disturb her because the other bag of miracle grow that was for cactus' was killing her from original transplant. But she's really made up for it since I fixed her; I know she enjoyed the bath and in about a week-to 5 days I should be harvesting her... Should yield me about an ounce, o' some Fine. Sinsemilia :)

On the other side.. One of the bagseed plants has revealed itself to be a male, and pollen sacs are multiplying. I plan on letting it mature, and then storing a lot of the pollen to then possibly be making some seeds.. Not sure if I should either wait for it so to pollinate part the Automax (if there's still time for it), or just leave a branch down below when I cut it and save for it; or just to cut it all and grow another next time im in a position to get one of the seeds..

Have harvested the Automax. I was too impatient, I think I might have dried it out too much at first by hanging it in a brown box first day closed up, then left hung in with half box open, smells like cat piss right now, have it curing in jar in dark, drying it out I think probably cut the weight pretty well, feels really light, but I took another nug and dried that a day later separately in a paper towel, and that doesn't seem so bad, and there's one little bud still on the plant that I'm leaving to see if it makes a few seeds from some the pollen I spread on it from the male plant, if not I'll just harvest that soon enough. Don't have a scale so can't tell weight

0051175.jpg

0041229.jpg
00036.jpg
0054171.jpg
0011398.jpg
00026.jpg
The New strains, hopefully to come in, been having some serious delays with these for some reas.. I hope their ok as their my prized strains, if not though at least I've got plenty of blueberry seeds one of those at least has to germ, my friend sent me over 60!
21586.jpg

Back
Top Bottom