New Grow, Help Needed

I used a type of LST with pegs and weights instead of ties and strings. I really need these plants make it which is why I moved the tall one outside. Now the little one wants to stretch too. And that's no problem now I have te space again.

Looking forward I will be using grow tents and proper lighting and nutes. But getting that canopy right is going to be critical.

I have a sacrificial plant on the way up, I'm going to try quadlining if that works as well as promised I think that will be my go to method.

Day 70

I am a little concerned about my buds, I know there is still 20-30 days left in her but they seem kind of thin and not plumping up like they should.
Maybe it's just anxiety creeping in Haha.

I was just touching some of the buds checking density and they were super sticky and smelled amazing.

In order to increase yield slightly I pumped up the lights to 22/2 just to add all the fuel I can. I also watered with sugar water and diluted generic plant invigorater just for the final push.

A lot of the leaves are drying out and falling off, so I figured a splash of nutes to keep those leaves alive a few weeks longer. More leaves, more light collection, more fuel for building flowers.

I heard through the grapevine that nutes don't effect flavour as some people report. But I'm still not certain what the truth is behind it. So I took a half measure and crossed my fingers and toes.

For the next two weeks, up to day 84 I'll be only watering with ph 6.4 every 2 days 1000ml. With some luck and perhaps some advice I can fatten up these buds before the chop at day 95, all going well.

Who'd of thought growing plants was so addictive? Looking forward to a bountiful harvest!

Oh, and the girl I moved outside has stalled completely. Not a single flower to be found. I hope I haven't ruined it, I was looking forward to the Utopia haze most of all.
I'll have some pics of her next update after she's had time to settle in.

Attachments

• 20190424_174141.jpg
    20190424_174141.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190424_174245.jpg
    20190424_174245.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190424_174256.jpg
    20190424_174256.jpg
    641.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20190424_174251.jpg
    20190424_174251.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190424_174304.jpg
    20190424_174304.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190424_174318.jpg
    20190424_174318.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 39
Here the evicted tenant, looking sad and miserable. What have I done?
Take what I say with a grain of salt as I haven't even dropped a seed yet. Transplanting Autoflower strains is not a good idea especially one as far along as the UH was. Since they have a set life span you want to plant directly in the pot they will grow up in. Your window for topping/quadline is between 14-21 days from sprout. After that and it could affect your yeild.
Got my fingers crossed for you on that UH but I wouldnt expect much from it now. Again just from my reading and not from personal experiance.
StaySharp

@Knifemaker420 yeah I think you're right on this. I keep doing things without asking first. I won't be expecting much from her at this point. More just to see what happens next. Some buds are starting to form but it just looks wrong now.

Are you giving your plants nutes regularly?
Yes mate, but coming into the last 30 days I've been holding back a lot. I don't even know why anymore. As my previous post says, I have give small amounts just to help them over the line.

Will this affect the flavour and smoothness? Some people say no, others yes . It's making me micromanage instead of just letting them finish.

I'm so uncertain about this phase.

Yeah I've read a few, and the results are... inconclusive at best.

There are too many variables to isolate one as the cause of harsh or sour buds.

On the other hand, better safe than sorry?

I lean towards giving them nutes and if you want to flush, just do it towards the very end. Those buds need all the nutrients they can get to get big and frosty for us. Harsh, bad tasting bud has a lot to do with drying and curing improperly.

Any pointers on this,

From my understanding the process is
Chop
Separate branches
Trim off all the leaves
Hang in dark warm place for 7-10 days
Remove buds from branches
Jar them for minimum 10 days
Burp the jars for 15 mins per day to avoid mold
Then start enjoying the fruit of my labour.

Have I missed anything or got something wrong? I really need help on this part.

I agree. I’ve read some things that say flushing is pointless because the plant can’t tell the difference between organic or non organic nutes. I know people who swear by it. I do supersoil so I don’t give nutes besides ewc tea and molasses but when I did use nutes I gave good feedings almost every time until 2 weeks until harvest. If you have leafs drying up and falling off your plant is probably feeling starved.

“I'm with you on the nutes, why deprive the plant of nourishment right when it needs it most. Never made sense to me” it sounds like you already are

Just in case you haven't read it:
cannabis-harvest-drying-curing-cheat-sheet-small-version.jpg

Any pointers on this,

From my understanding the process is
Chop
Separate branches
Trim off all the leaves
Hang in dark warm place for 7-10 days
Remove buds from branches
Jar them for minimum 10 days
Burp the jars for 15 mins per day to avoid mold
Then start enjoying the fruit of my labour.

Have I missed anything or got something wrong? I really need help on this part.
Some folks advocate for a bud wash between the "seperate branches" and the "trim off all the leaves" steps. Trim off the large fans then dunk and swirl in a pail of RO or distilled water mixed with a bit of lemon juice and baking soda, then dunk and swirl in two more buckets of RO or distilled water to rinse. Hang to drip off a bit then finish trimming and proceed to start drying.
Here's a link to a thread on bud washing.
Have a knife day

Definitely sounds interesting, but somehow I feel like I don't have the confidence to pull that off.

Maybe I'm over thinking, I just sprouted my 3rd grow, and I'm feeling like I want to try it with minimum help this time . But we'll see.
If you see a thread called eirohir messes up again or something xd you'll know I've tried something outside my wheelhouse and it hasn't gone well.

I will try something like this, but for now I'm just going from pot to pot trying different methods to increase yields and such. I figured I'd limit myself to Bubblious auto, my success rate it improved each harvest. 11g wet 2.3g dry, First time. Second attempt yielded 12g dry. This time around I want 30-40g dry from one plant. I don't know if that is even possible. But I'm going for it all the same.

Cheers :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom