New grower! Glad to have found this resource

stirling_guy

420 Member
Hey folks,

just a quick shout out, as well as a thank you for such a great resource! we are just starting out with growing our own medicine and will be devouring the information contained here as we go through the process. We will do our best to read previous posts, before we ask! with that said I'm not seeing a whole lot from eastern Ontario! looking for any tips from outdoor growers located within eastern Ontario that may be able to help us through the process...

Cheers from Canada!

Stirling_guy

Hey folks,

just a quick shout out, as well as a thank you for such a great resource! we are just starting out with growing our own medicine and will be devouring the information contained here as we go through the process. We will do our best to read previous posts, before we ask! with that said I'm not seeing a whole lot from eastern Ontario! looking for any tips from outdoor growers located within eastern Ontario that may be able to help us through the process...

Cheers from Canada!

Stirling_guy

Sup buddy welcome aboard to the mag/family.

First off I want to laugh out loud growing outdoor in our weather here is intense for us due to Ontario’s smuggy lovely weather ,so that being said, I would start off with researching your seeds and mediums you plan on growing in as well as the seeds itself see if they are a hot or cold climate likability. Seems weird but this is my experience here over two years.

Also your going to want a high resistance strain of mold or pest if possible. Think this is where good genetics will help you a lot as well.
Sorry it is overwhelming but there are a few things to consider to start .

Also consider where you put you plants I’d say in backyard for example study the sun rise and set . See what area of your yard gets hit with the sun the longest .

Will help hugely in flower. That being said if we have rain and over cast and humidity hot sticky days here in Ontario will play a role on yikes hugely. Google how the sun and change of season plays a role on cannabis plants it is really about about environment. I personally would rather grow indoors over out anydays at least here in our climate . I can control my enviroment in a tent and also control the smell too which you really can’t outdoor unless green house .

Anything just @stirling_guy tag me buddy glad to help where I can .

Welcome to the forum.

You got some good guys to help you out......:thumb:

If someone tags me I respond ASAP just who I am trying wanting to help pass it on .

Thanks @Kingjoe83 I appreciate it! I'm sure I'll be in touch to pick your brains! And I'll look into the possibility of an indoor grow... I do have a large unused crawl space that would be suitable if set up correctly! However it's only 4' high... I was really hoping to do an outdoor..... but plans can change if not doable...

As for what I'm planning to grow, I've ordered Purple kush fem, Cali OG kush/haze fem and Durban poison fem. From CKS... should arrive any day..

Any thoughts on growing these strains outdoors?

Thanks in advance!

Stirling_guy

4 is still doable if you went for a low flyer dwarf auto from cks indoor world work get you some green faster too

As far as your strains go cks has some good genetics .

Purple kush should be easy for ya not sure of others to be honest .

As long as you got some neem oil cold pressed organic I prefer liquid form easy for mixing a 1:4 ratio mix with ro or a tap water that is dechorlined fir at least 24 hrs of using tap . Spray every three days I’d suggest as a preventative measure you can do so until last two weeks before harvest try not to hit buds as much as possible under big fans and on stems branches

You can grow hereitsnot that you can’t it is about being prepared and knowing when to plant I’d start a seed and put by window or start it early indoors few months prior to mid April to may if In southern Ontario . May gives you three months veg plus if you get little start indoors grow a monster lol

Back
Top Bottom