Greetings folks, new member here

Welcome to 420,Snpri3-
If you're looking to learn,you've come to the right place !:welcome:

Awesome, thank you for the warm welcome. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction. I have some questions in regards with lighting that I own in regards to indoor growing, where should I post that
Click on Helpful Links in my signature and it will answer a lot of those questions...

But also feel free to post the question here :)

Click on Helpful Links in my signature and it will answer a lot of those questions...

But also feel free to post the question here :)
So I have 4 big CFL bulbs at 5000k at 26w and one which is 6500k at 42w. I have my photography studio stands with one with 3 light fixtures and another stand with one light fixture. Can I pull off a plant or 2 with what I have in my basment?

Attachments

• 20190301_191059.jpg
    20190301_191059.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 20190301_191130.jpg
    20190301_191130.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 125
Welcome !

So I have 4 big CFL bulbs at 5000k at 26w and one which is 6500k at 42w. I have my photography studio stands with one with 3 light fixtures and another stand with one light fixture. Can I pull off a plant or 2 with what I have in my basment?
I have seen people use them successfully, but I have no idea how much electricity they use (and if that is worth it?). Let's see if other chime in here...

A few years back I grew a plant in a 2'x2'x3' box with 6- 60w equivalent daylight cfl's.
They worked pretty well,but they need to be about4- 5" from the plant to be effective.

I lst'd the plant and kept it's height at 11",so the light coverage was pretty good-any taller,though,and I would have had to use side lighting for the lower parts of the plant.

So, cfl's will work as long as you either keep the plants very short (maybe do a scrog?),or plan on adding sidelighting for the lower parts of a taller plant.

As for energy costs,my bulbs used only about 9 watts each,for a total of 45 watts,so they didn't do anything to the electric bill.
The bulbs you plan on using will use a bit more power,around 146 watts,which might boost your bill a few dollars per month.

Back
Top Bottom