New Grower Looking For Help - Thanks!

DankCakes

Hey, I'm a new grower and I just wanted to ask for some advice. I'm growing a clone I received about a week ago. Cinex clone by the way. I'm growing it in my closet with a 200 watt LED and potentially some CFL's for added light. My problem is I think I over watered it, I know noobie mistake but I'm a noobie lol. At first I thought maybe it was root bound so I moved it to a bigger pot... Kind of went over board and put it in a 5 gal. Growing in fox farms ocean forest soil with a good amount of perlite and vermiculite added. No added nutes yet. I do have and plan on using Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, Big bloom, Grow Big, as well as humboldts secret golden tree which I heard decent things about but don't get whats the difference between golden tree and any other potash nutes. Any how I transferred to the 5 gal pot a few days ago after noticing the leaves drooping. I didn't water it for a few days and it seemed to be perking up again but still had some lean to the leaves. After a couple days of not watering the plant it felt pretty dry so I decided to water once again and I think I put myself back in the same hole I was in before because it's droopy once again. I feel like getting the watering down in this 5 gal pot may be kind of a pain with a plant coming straight from a small pot. Would it be a bad idea to transfer once again into a smaller pot maybe a 1 gallon? Does the plant just look over watered or could there be another issue as well? Also any other advice would be appreciated :D I'm here to learn. Sorry for running on tend to do that sometimes. Thanks!
4-30_droop.jpg

I'd put it in a smaller pot and give it a chance to dry out.

You will have to use a small amount of "PH balanced water" to help seat the wet clone in with dry soil when you down size the pot, but go easy and then let it dry out.

You shouldn't have to add any nutrients for 3-4 weeks if you are using g FFOF.

It should come around if you dry it out.....don't plan on watering for 5-7 days.....

While you're waiting g for it to dry out, I would suggest maybe reading this excellent post by Emilya. The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant

Thanks for the response. I'll transfer her on over to a smaller pot. That's longer of a dry out than I expected I've been checking daily for dry soil which I just learned is a mistake from the link you added. Good read lots of good info I needed to know on that post so thank you for adding that. Excited to see her doing well again. Now I have a plan and that's what I was looking for thanks again!

Do you think it would be a bad idea to do any Low stress training on her while she is stressed and drying out?

I'd just leave her alone - give her a chance to heal for a week or two. She's not going anywhere without a good root structure so that's all I'd be concerned about unless clones are readily available and cheap to replace.

Yeah I'm going to let her rest on up and go back to full health before I tie anything down haha. Clones aren't free so I'm going to keep this one nice and healthy. After each mistake is a lesson learned I figure and after each grow you learn a new thing. I'm excited to begin my growing adventures. I'm in a legal state and have family who are medical patients without good growers. Would like to one day have enough knowledge to provide for them and myself. Thanks again! Love this site.

Yeah I'm going to let her rest on up and go back to full health before I tie anything down haha. Clones aren't free so I'm going to keep this one nice and healthy. After each mistake is a lesson learned I figure and after each grow you learn a new thing. I'm excited to begin my growing adventures. I'm in a legal state and have family who are medical patients without good growers. Would like to one day have enough knowledge to provide for them and myself. Thanks again! Love this site.

That sounds like a good plan:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom