New grower needing some info and help

ogkev

Hello all who read this,
This is my first grow and am looking for some input and help. I germinated 3 seeds to start, using the old wet paper towel and dark place to start because Ive read its easiest way to get started. If i am wrong, my apologies. 2 out of my 3 seeds sprouted and have now been planted outdoors in the backyard garden since the beginning of July. So my girls are about a month old. I completely forgot about adding any fertilizer or amendment to the soil, and have only used the water outta my hose to keep the garden watered. I am sorry if this part makes you cringe, you may smack me if need be. I am now having some brown dead areas on the first set of round leaves at the base of one plant, and have no clue what this could be caused from. The girl gets a little more than 14 hours of sunlight from the east to the west in 80 degree weather and she has a cool breeze all day. I was hoping someone could help let me know if the leaf death is normal on those lower leaves, or, is this something I need to address ASAP. Lastly, I noticed my girl has a slight wiggle/bend in the main stem/shaft. How can I get this girl to stand up straight? Thank you to anyone who could help me thru this early phase of growing. I have included pictures that I hope will give you as much of the plant you need to see, I inspected the leaves and dried dirt on the backside of the leaves is from watering I believe that is what is seen thru the shadows. The pictures were taken this morning and I had not watered yet, the girls have been watered now and I try not to keep the soil wet over night to hopefully prevent rot or pests.

20190801_122235.jpg
20190801_122243.jpg
20190801_122336.jpg
20190801_122351.jpg
20190801_122447.jpg
20190801_122516.jpg

Welcome. Give it a dose of fish emulsion quick while it is still in veg, then some P-K bloom booster in a couple of weeks. Looks like you've had critters munching. That always happens outdoors. Use neem mix with dish soap and don't spray in bright sun. Safers is OK, too. Actually lookin' good. Are they females?

Thank you for your response. Are fish emulsion and p-k bloom booster something I can get at the local home depot or do I need to order off a gardening website? As well, do I use the neem mix and dish soap in a spray bottle? I'm not sure if these are females... I'm keeping my fingers crossed they are. All the seeds I have are from buds from local bud shops.

You can get fish emulsion at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes etc. I use high P bat guano I got online for the P, and my ground and water are alkali, so not a big need for K. You want to try and find a liquid/dry organic fertilizer that has low nitrogen for the bloom coming up. Treat the girls(hopefully) nice for the next 3 months or so, and they will treat you right. As far as the neem, you can mix it by the quart in a hand spray bottle, and what you don't use right away, store in a dark place.

Thank you sooo much for the advice, I truly appreciate it! looks like i have some shopping to do in the morning so I can get this lady back on track.

Hey Doc, been about 4 weeks since I last messaged you and want to show you the progress I have made, hopefully Ill make you proud. I have GIRLS!!! and they just started to flower this week. My problem child has little brown spots over the fan leaves towards the ground, not sure if this is a deficiency or disease. As well, now that Ive gotten to this part, do I still continue to neem in the same fashion of all over the plant and leaves, and now over the flowers too? Or stop now that shes growing flowers? As well, should I continue to water the whole plant or just now the ground and mist the leaves/flowers. Thanks for any kind of advice.
20190825_114435.jpg
20190825_114448.jpg
20190825_114505.jpg
20190825_114517.jpg
20190825_114517.jpg
20190825_114531.jpg
20190825_114625.jpg

Sweet, if you think she looks happy and healthy, imma continue to do things the way I am.
You're gonna want to give it a dose of flower fertilizer soon. i'VE USE THIS: Dr. Earth 707P Organic 8 Bud & Bloom Fertilizer in Poly Bag, 4-Pound : Bloom Booster Organic

1665360667197.png

You want higher P-K and lower N numbers. Work about 1/2 cup into the soil all around the plant and water it in. Do it again in 30 days. I've used this. I've seen it at Walmart, plus they carry other brands. Fox farm Tiger Bloom is used by many and there are other liquids, too.
613b1mws1fL._SL1000_.jpg

I gave her the fish fertilizer by Alaska twice 2 weeks apart, and just fed her this am with Morbloom from Alaska, it's a 0-10-10 that you mix in by the gallon. Organic fish made like the fish fertilizer. I believe that since the fish fert did well, this should too. Once again... keeping my fingers crossed.

Hahah... I planted them in a recessed area where all my water collects and soaks in. Lower fan leaves cover it up, but I can see your point.

I gave her the fish fertilizer by Alaska twice 2 weeks apart, and just fed her this am with Morbloom from Alaska, it's a 0-10-10 that you mix in by the gallon. Organic fish made like the fish fertilizer. I believe that since the fish fert did well, this should too. Once again... keeping my fingers crossed.

Outstanding!

Just be careful if you use Tiger Bloom, it’s pretty hot. Start with a lower dose and work up.

Your plant made amazing progress. Awesome job. The look of the soil had me puzzled as well.

Ya, I know the soil must be killing some people. But my guess is shes loving the setup I have for watering since shes responded so well @Sctanley007. Thanks @Backlipslide, shes gotta have someone protecting her, and a gnome with a Tommy Gun I think will do the trick.

I wouldn't use Neem oil during flower. Either Castile soap or Spinosad. And I think you're only suppose to use Spinosad 6 times per plant during the entire grow.

Scroll down about half way in this thread. @InTheShed give his take on what to use on your plants. I always find his advice spot on.

Back
Top Bottom