the1

Headband30.jpg
Pineapple_kush.jpg
Pineapple_kush2.jpg
Headband29.jpg
Afghan_Kush7.jpg
Headband29.jpg
20150523_153234.jpg
Hello all first time poster first time grower here in the Pacific Northwest I had purchased for clones from a local grower One pineapple kush that was 2 and half feet tall and two headbands one was 2 and half feet tall and one small clone and one small Afghan Kush i transplanted all in to 15 gal pots and placed outside in hopes to let grow all summer Now here in the end of May my bigger pineapple Kush is starting to flower and my very small headband is showing signs of flowering also and the other two seem like they're still in veg now the question is do I just leave them all outside or do I bring the pineapple in and place it in darkness for 12 hours and place it back outside for 12 hours and let it finish flowering or will it possibly go back to veg I have no fancy lights and intend on not purchasing fancy lights this is a learn as i go process for me so any help would be greatly appreciated I would post pictures but I cannot figure that out yet so any help would be great thank you

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the problem. Would you mind clarifying a bit? A couple of them are starting to flower and you don't want this? Or- the others are not flowering and you want them to? Can you not just let them grow as they are? You say you bought them for clones...(?) The ones that are flowering now I think (I'm not sure) will continue to flower and you don't need to do the 12-12 thing, which sounds like a lot of work anyway.

Ok I bought 4 clones 2 big 2 small in middle of April transplanted into 15 gal pots put them outside for summer 1 big and 1 small started to flower thought they would start to flower towards and Of summer just don't know what to with the ones that are flowering to early

The time at which a plant flowers is dependant on Genetics, Maturity, and Photoperiod. I wouldn't worry about when they start to flower as long as they are females. Flowering periods, or the length of time a plant needs to complete flowering will be strain dependant granted there is no other environmental stresses involved.

Leave them outside and let them do there thing.

They look real good by the way ;)

thanks for the comments I just thought if I put them out in April they would veg all summer long as my days are still getting Longer and nights shorter and start To flower late summer I'm just thinking may is too early for the flooring process but as I stated earlier I am a newbie I will just leave outside and see what happens thanks again

The time at which a plant flowers is dependant on Genetics, Maturity, and Photoperiod. I wouldn't worry about when they start to flower as long as they are females. Flowering periods, or the length of time a plant needs to complete flowering will be strain dependent granted there is no other environmental stresses involved.

Leave them outside and let them do there thing.

They look real good by the way ;)

Mother nature knows what she's doing. It's when we bring them indoors and try to change their natural growth that we get all analytical and mess around with them too much. You are lucky to be able to grow them outdoors. :)

so if I leave it outside and it continues to flower will it continue to flower with a low yield or could it possibly revert back to veg

If it started to flower outside, then it will continue to flower according to its genetics. Yield is dependent on genetics, weather, and how many animals are eating on it. LOL!

I don't know if outdoors yields are generally higher or lower than indoor yields, but you won't be able to control the environment outdoors if you're talking about a large plant.

There's no reason for them to have low yield. Your two and a half foot plant could still stretch to four feet or more. If it does continue flowering, as I suspect it will, it should be able to take advantage of the summer light and bud very nicely. I would be inclined to just leave things as they are and enjoy the diversity of the situation you have.
I don't know that your plant will keep flowering, of course. It may get confused as the days get longer for the next few weeks. But I'm just not sure you'll gain much for the effort of trying to put it on a 12/12 schedule for the next few months.
It's possible that your plants have autoflowering traits. Maybe even quite likely. One summer I grew a dozen strains outdoors- almost all of them were mystery strains from various strange sources. Some flowered early summer, some mid-mid summer, some in the fall.
I would just let them do their thing and just start more plants if I felt the need to add more potential bud to the scenario. Just my take on things. You are of course totally free to do as you see fit. They are your plants to play with.

so if I leave it outside and it continues to flower will it continue to flower with a low yield or could it possibly revert back to veg

Yes they could very well revert back to veg, if the do it is not a big deal, you can trim off the buds that are there, make some edibles or whatever, they will likely smoke harsh that's why I say edibles, but whatever you like.

The more mature the plant is the better able it is produce, larger roots, more established foliage etc. So if you see more foliage growing out the top that is not flowering you can trim the buds off but leave the fan leaves (they are food source for future buds) the plant will continue to grow, I would suggest at this point potting up a size or planting in a hole filled with goodies (Promix HP, maybe some worm castings, blood meal bone meal, dolomite lime) in a sunny spot. Then start training bending LST, super cropping topping, before you know it you will have a monster with a yield that you will put a nice grin on your face when you get the dry weight :).

I am subbed to this Journal, I know what is possible outdoors and I am excited for you, make sure you have some security like a big dog or some boom stick for critters.

This is what I want to see or close to it hee hee.

emtriangletree.jpg

thanks for all the comments the plant is about 3 1/2 feet now and my headband is about 4 feet tall still in veg we'll just see how big they really gets I'll update with pics after a while. I'm going to take everybody's advice and just leave it be and see what the hell happens I was trying to get them as big as possible so we'll just see what happens and thanks again.
1 more question should I keep giving the one that's flowering veg nuts or switch. Im using fox farms grow big for veg and have a bottle of big bloom

these clones you bought/acquired, could they have been taken from 'mothers' that were in early bloom, week 2-3, and were rooted (seems a little unlikely the more I type) before they had fully reverted to veg?

Not shure on that. What should I be feeding the ones that are flowering veg nutes or flower nutes I'd rather not have them flowering this early

Re: Up Date new grower need help with flowering too early outdoors

20150527_202527.jpg
20150527_202640.jpg
Update a on my pineapple kush that flowered early So I took everybody's advice an just let it do its thing. It's still getting bud growth. Took a couple pics for some advice and thoughts, first pic, are thoes sacks new flowers starting or nut sacks "newbie " and second pic of one of the flowers? You might have to zoom in on first pic to see what I'm talking about

The second pic is definitely a female. The first pic looks like a female flower on the right and veg growth on the left. it doesn't have enough fullness at this point, in my opinion, to positively identify it as either veg with another emerging female or a stray male bud, so give it a few more day and WATCH IT EVERY DAY, just in case it goes hermie on you.

Its the same plant a pic of one of the flowers and second is under growth. Sory not shure I know what you mean

FYI: Hermie means that for some reason a female is sporting some male pollen sacs, and can happen either from adrastic change in environment (in an effort to reproduce herself) or genetically programmed to produce both.

Personally, I don't think your first pic shows any sign of maleness. The buds look like developing leaves to me, and I think I see a couple fine hairs at the same site, which will develop into female buds. Male pods are smooth, tear-drop shaped, and have no green fingers(developing leaf bud) or fine hairs (developing female bud).

Back
Top Bottom