New grower need help!

Badfish81

420 Member
Hey all,
Just bought some gear for a shop grow in Canada and need help first time grower long time smoker. My shop has no heat and gets really cold in winter. Even now with + 16 outside my grow tent In shop temp reading is only at 10 Celsius. I really don’t want to put it in my small house.. here is what I’ve bought for my setup. A 4x4 x 7’ Vivosun grow tent, a 4 inch air filtration from Vivosun, and a 600W full spectrum Bestva grow light ( should I buy another since I feel I’m under lighted? Or...thats first question) is there any heaters or a way I duct into one of the vents to keep a constant warm temp without breaking the bank?? Total newb to this but any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    845.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    857.5 KB · Views: 45
When It gets cold in my basement in the winter (I live in Northern MN. It gets into the 50s in my basement at times) here is what I do. I put an electric radiator about 2-3 ft from the intake on one end of the grow tent. I use the electric radiator because it provides a constant and gentle radiant heat without flames or coils. I make sure I have my exhaust fan on as well. This causes a slight negative pressure in the tent which gently draws the warm air into the tent. It then warms the tent as it circulates toward the exhaust fan. In the winter, I vent the warm air into the basement if its not too pungent. I make sure it goes through a carbon filter first if it is. Hope that helps. Good luck.

@CagedApe, I can't say how that would work in Alberta, but I am able to maintain steady temps from 76 F to 80 F all winter long in my own basement here in northern MN. That radiator has a thermostat that turns the unit on and off as needed. Works like a charm. The only time it didn't work was one time when the door to the outside didn't catch properly and let cold air in. Anyway, take it for whats worth. Good luck.

@CagedApe, I can't say how that would work in Alberta, but I am able to maintain steady temps from 76 F to 80 F all winter long in my own basement here in northern MN. That radiator has a thermostat that turns the unit on and off as needed. Works like a charm. The only time it didn't work was one time when the door to the outside didn't catch properly and let cold air in. Anyway, take it for whats worth. Good luck.

Yes I know fella, the OP has his tent in his shop with no heat so your recommendation would not work for him. It gets way colder than your basement my friend.:high-five:

No heat in my basement, but the coldest its ever got down there was about 43. I imagine the heated house sitting above the basement keeps it from getting too nasty. I'd have to say he needs to somehow heat the entire shop or at least the room where the grow is located if space heaters/radiators aren't effective. What else could he do?

Build a small insulated lung room and buy a double ended gavita run that shit at night and a space heater if needed for the day. Anything is possible you will have to play around with it a bit. or you could buy another tent and another gavita and run one during day and one during night. That would be kind of cool. Insulation is going to be your best friend with those 10 celsius temps.

Back
Top Bottom