New grower, sort of, Space Cookies auto: light recommendations?

y2kayo

I have minimal experience as I took over a friend's grow when I was 13 just as they started flowering. I was only allowed to keep two of the plants. A few weeks in me and my older brother beat the shit out of each other and the cops showed up and ripped them out.
I was able to keep them going strong following a friend's strict directions but I have no idea what he gave me for lights, soil, nutrients, ect. I will be looking into that after I figure out my lighting situation.

I have been reading up on cultivating again in my spare time as I recently just broke my back and have alot of spare time. I understand the basics of it.

I just ordered some space cookies autos today and I plan to grow them in my closet which is 3x3x8'.

Obviously I'm on a budget with the broken back but I'm not broke, I'm wondering what you guys would recommend as a cost efficient way to properly light this space for 2 plants at a time?

Thanks in advance!

Hey ya!

Welcome, and so many options. Its pretty much easy (😅 )once you find what you want out of the grow and hugely rewarding. )forewarned I’ve only been doing this 6 months, we were you last November.

For us the decision chart for you begins with the “Autos” bit.

They’re not what we grow so I’m not great on that but - if I was growing in a cupboard , low maintenance probably a good idea. Autos easy to start with. Let them take care of their own path - a good idea. You could maybe run a lower power light for longer, just hunt around sales for a 320w no name or anything on sale really, all you need. Sure some others will jump in but yeah - tell us more! Climate where you are is especially important.

Welcome!

Nick & Co

I have minimal experience as I took over a friend's grow when I was 13 just as they started flowering. I was only allowed to keep two of the plants. A few weeks in me and my older brother beat the shit out of each other and the cops showed up and ripped them out.
I was able to keep them going strong following a friend's strict directions but I have no idea what he gave me for lights, soil, nutrients, ect. I will be looking into that after I figure out my lighting situation.

I have been reading up on cultivating again in my spare time as I recently just broke my back and have alot of spare time. I understand the basics of it.

I just ordered some space cookies autos today and I plan to grow them in my closet which is 3x3x8'.

Obviously I'm on a budget with the broken back but I'm not broke, I'm wondering what you guys would recommend as a cost efficient way to properly light this space for 2 plants at a time?

Thanks in advance!
Get a Mars TS 1000 light perfect for a 3x3 area. I have 2 of those in my 4x4 Tent and 1 of the newer Ones that is Whiite rather than the peened shiny metal reflector type. Hope this helps.

If you purchase the MARS TS 1000 from Amazon click on the other Options link and click the coupon which is $20.OO US discount bringing the cost down from $139,00 US to $119.00. Hard not to go that route at that cost. Mars makes Good Lighting like CaptainLucky said there are many options out there.

I think what I would do is check out the @VIVOSUN light with the fan attached seeing that heat might be a problem in a closet. I’m having issues now because the driver isn’t detachable from my light and my tent temperature is hard to regulate. CL🍀
The TS 1000"s don't throw off much heat so need for a fan attached to cool it off. In My 4x4 Mars Hydro tent I'm running 2 of those but I have a AC Infinity 6" exhaust fan which is ported out the top vent hole and a AC INfinity Charcoal Canister filter to absorb the odor from the plants which works great.

The TS 1000"s don't throw off much heat so need for a fan attached to cool it off. In My 4x4 Mars Hydro tent I'm running 2 of those but I have a AC Infinity 6" exhaust fan which is ported out the top vent hole and a AC INfinity Charcoal Canister filter to absorb the odor from the plants which works great.
That new @ViparSpectra light they’ve been promoting is really nice for the same price. I’ve been checking out a lot of members grows that are using them. CL🍀

I do believe Mars is a Sponsor here in 420 also. Like you said there are many Options to choose from.
I just checked out that new @ViparSpectra light, it’s a 2023 model with the newest technology. I’m pretty sure that would be my choice but all 3 make excellent lighting. CL🍀

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome: :ciao:
@VIVOSUN has some excellent equipment and you get a discount for being a member!
If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link.
Glad to have you here. :yahoo:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Sounds like lighting is sorted. What about airflow?

Nick
Pretty sure I'm going to cut out a section at the bottom of my closet that shares the wall of my bedroom to add a vent, then at the top and either add some sort of exhaust fan to either cycle air in or out with a charcoal filter. Or build a temporary wall in the closet opening with a small access door and run like a/c conduate to the window along the ceiling to bring fresh air in for the summer.

I haven't thought this process out but I want my shit to thrive without going completely overboard. I stopped smoking weed when I went to work in the oil patch to be able to pass a drug test and acquired a fentanyl addiction for pretty much a decade lol. Ill probably end up making hash or something because I used to do that all the time growing up and it was just something to do haha. I guess I'll figure that out when it comes time 😝

Welcome 🙏🏻

Looks like you've been given excellent tips already. Good luck with everything you grow.

Biggest tip I can give you is please be overly cautious with your cables and extension blocks. Keep everything tidy. Don't over run any extension cables. Safety is everything buddy 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Look forward to hearing more from you bro.....

Pretty sure I'm going to cut out a section at the bottom of my closet that shares the wall of my bedroom to add a vent, then at the top and either add some sort of exhaust fan to either cycle air in or out with a charcoal filter. Or build a temporary wall in the closet opening with a small access door and run like a/c conduate to the window along the ceiling to bring fresh air in for the summer.

I haven't thought this process out but I want my shit to thrive without going completely overboard. I stopped smoking weed when I went to work in the oil patch to be able to pass a drug test and acquired a fentanyl addiction for pretty much a decade lol. Ill probably end up making hash or something because I used to do that all the time growing up and it was just something to do haha. I guess I'll figure that out when it comes time 😝
Before you even get started you should read @Bill284 thread on fire safety. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom