New grower struggling, help please

daddygreenthumb

420 Member
Hello,

I tried to grow this summer for the first time and it didn't go very well. The plants never really seemed to grow much once i got them in the soil. Not sure why.

I would like to try again, but inside this time. I would like to grow 1-3 plants, of white widow indica. it would be inside, in a finished garage, with hydro plugs already. I would like to know everything, ie:

- what i need, type of lights, type of soil, plant food, etc etc
- step by step instructions on what I should expect
- where i can buy the stuff in ontario, canada
- anything else i dont know to ask =)

What Strain is it? - white widow autoflower
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? White Widow Cannabis Strain Information
How Many Plants? 1-3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? seeds
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? seeds
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? seeds
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? i dunno you tell me
Size or Square Footage of Room? 10 wide 12 long 12 high

please explain everything like i like i fell on my head a lot as a child please =)

tyvm.

Hello,

I tried to grow this summer for the first time and it didn't go very well. The plants never really seemed to grow much once i got them in the soil. Not sure why.

I would like to try again, but inside this time. I would like to grow 1-3 plants, of white widow indica. it would be inside, in a finished garage, with hydro plugs already. I would like to know everything, ie:

- what i need, type of lights, type of soil, plant food, etc etc
- step by step instructions on what I should expect
- where i can buy the stuff in ontario, canada
- anything else i dont know to ask =)

What Strain is it? - white widow autoflower
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? White Widow Cannabis Strain Information
How Many Plants? 1-3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? seeds
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? seeds
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? seeds
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? i dunno you tell me
Size or Square Footage of Room? 10 wide 12 long 12 high

please explain everything like i like i fell on my head a lot as a child please =)

tyvm.

I'm not sure anyone can give you everything you need to know in a single post, but here's a good place to start:

How to Grow Marijuana

I also recommend you read the "Top 5 Lessons" link in my sig.

The first thing you want to focus on is the environment. Everyone will recommend a different style of growing and different equipment. Try to learn or become familiar with them all and use what works for you!

For environment, you'll need to be able to control the light schedules, temperature, RH, ventilation & odor. You'll want some sort of IPM (pest maintenance). For photo plants, plan on them doubling or even tripling (for Sativas!) in size once you switch to 12/12. When close to harvest, start taking samples, and don't make the mistake of harvesting too early since they can pack on 30% of their weight in the last couple of weeks.

Finally, start a grow journal and there are plenty of other growers who will show up to help you along the way!

Happy Harvests!

K

I appreciate that everyone has a different method, but i need to start somewhere. which is why I was asking for a step by step on what to do, since i've already killed like 10 seeds. i'd rather not waste anymore money, and this is why I am asking for help.

you post these links like they should mean something, and to you and others that know what they mean, i am sure they do, but to me, its all Chinese.

I just need someone to give me a basic setup, that should work if i follow the instructions, and some knowledge on where i can buy the stuff.

Well start off with telling us what you already have. The seeds came from a breeder so check there website it will give you all the info you need. Next choose how you wanna gro. Hydro coco or dirt. Next the seeds are they auto or photo

Now when you say killed off what do you mean. As a seedling or mid grow? I’m a hydro grower But we can get you through this with an impressive first grow.

I appreciate that everyone has a different method, but i need to start somewhere. which is why I was asking for a step by step on what to do, since i've already killed like 10 seeds. i'd rather not waste anymore money, and this is why I am asking for help.

you post these links like they should mean something, and to you and others that know what they mean, i am sure they do, but to me, its all Chinese.

I just need someone to give me a basic setup, that should work if i follow the instructions, and some knowledge on where i can buy the stuff.

OK, then, my best recommendation is to go with @Doc Bud's High Brix Kit. It's the lowest cost, easiest and highest quality meds you'll grow and, there's a great community to help support you at: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

There are instructions in the thread and on his website at Home

You'll need to purchase some soil (Promix HP or other recommended for the kit), some worm castings, and some one gallon containers to start the seedlings and minimum of 7 gallons to up-pot & flower.

You still need to build/find a proper environment and I still recommend you start a grow journal for help with any specific situations.

If you've killed 10 seeds, you're probably drowning them (common newbie mistake). Not sure what your germination method is, but with the kit, you can just soak the seeds (if you even want to do that!) for 12 hours, or so; then plant 1/4" deep in a hole lightly dusted with Doc's ROOTS powder and water in per the kit instructions (using 1/4 strength transplant).

I would still also read through those forums. You're going to get differing opinions from different growers and you'll want to learn along the way and not just blindly follow someone else's instructions!

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

Mr. Krip is the man. He knows his plants. But do definitely read around. And I agree with prob drowning the new seeds I’ve liked off 3 before I learned. Moist not wet lol.

Mr. Krip is the man. He knows his plants. But do definitely read around. And I agree with prob drowning the new seeds I’ve liked off 3 before I learned. Moist not wet lol.

Thank you, Brother! :thanks:

And, there's nothing wrong with hydro/DWC, if that's the way @daddygreenthumb wants to go with to start (or forever, for that matter! :) ).

I've done hydro, in one form or other, for close to 10 years and am just on my first soil grow with Doc's kit. I was just commenting in my journal that it's boring! :laugh: When I was doing hydro, I used to feel like a grower cuz' I was always topping of reservoirs and checking/adjusting PH, etc. With the kit, you basically do nothing except squirt some stuff in bucket, top it off with water, and feed it to the plants every week or ten days, or so. It pretty much runs on auto pilot and, if you've checked out the high brix buds, you'll see the quality is impressive!

But your Results are amazing im kinda feelng the same way with my dwc buckets. Boring lol I’m thinking of coco adventures next. But the summer head did give me hell this year.
16C09F6C-86C6-449F-AABD-20AF41D15074.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom