New grower with some leaf discoloration and rust spots

AndyMan

Hi, I'm growing my first plants.

The strain is Easy Bud from Royal Queen. It is an auto fem strain.

They popped May 30th. So this is day 26.

They are in organic storebought soil from Lowes amended with Espoma Bio tone and perlite. They are in airpots. I am watering with distilled water from the grocery store.

My light is a 400 watt CMH. It remains on 24 hours a day. Temperatures remain steady between 75 and 80, humidity between 43 and 50 percent. There is a box fan circulating air around.

Ok, so most of what I have done was based on reading this forum. I did not give nutes for 2 weeks after they sprouted. My first feed was last week I gave them 1/4 strength Botanicare Pure Grow. I made sure not to overwater and only watered when the soil was dry all the way down 3 inches as deep as my finger. My second feed was 1/2 strength Pure Grow 2 days ago.

The plants are growing. The RQ site said they would be 2 feet tall at maturity, the big one is already 15 inches tall and the smaller two are both about 12 inches. And they are not even close to slowing down. So I will get 4 foot "dwarf" autos lol. Thats ok. I am concerned with the largest plant having weird looking leaves. I have included photos. The rust spots, I'm pretty sure is a calcium deficency and I used Botanicare Cal Mag at normal strength my last water 2 days ago and gave them 1 gallon each.

If anyone can please help I would appreciate it. Why is my largest plant showing weird downturned tips and yellowing and also any advice about general growing would be appreciated. Thanks!

DSC058052.JPG

DSC058042.JPG

DSC05802.JPG

DSC058012.JPG

DSC058001.JPG

DSC057991.JPG

DSC057982.JPG

DSC05797.JPG

I looked at many websites and used the search function on this and other cannabis sites. I bought a book called "Marijuana Garden Saver" and read it cover to cover. Nowhere did I see photos of yellow, thin tips bending down 90 degrees like that on new growth on a plant in veg. Also its growing. I think with ph problems the plant isn't gonna be growing much at all. I have no clue what it could be.

Yeah I browsed that thread you linked, thats how I diagnosed my calcium deficiency. At least I think its a calcium deficiency. I'm pretty sure, since I used distilled water. With no minerals.

The yellow tips though. Potassium deficiency is supposed to be on older leaves. I have no idea.

Update: It was a potassium deficiency. The red bendy stems was a dead giveaway.

I think autos in pre flower need a little of everything. Normal strength nutes burn them up and just grow nutes at 25% strength don't have enough K. I LSTed em and there are still yellowing leaves but the bud sites and new growth are looking very nice. I got some yellowing lower leaves from what seems to be a N deficiency, but if I give even half strength grow nutes they burn. Picky ass autos.

So heres some more pics.

DSC058102.JPG

DSC058081.JPG

DSC058071.JPG

DSC058091.JPG

DSC058061.JPG

Back
Top Bottom