New Grower

Jcasey3488

420 Member
Hello Everyone. I am new grower for my personal use. I just started about a month ago with auto flowering strains. I have a indoor 2x4 tent set up. It is legal here in VT for recreational use. I only grow two plant at a time for now until I can get the hang of it. Still trying to figure out a feeding schedule and the light height I need for optimal growth. So any info people can give me to help me get things right will be greatly appreciated. I also have a issue with temp fluctuations I gets up close to 90 degrees during the day. I have 4 inch inline fan pulling air out plus a small fan inside moving the air around. The plants seem to be handling it ok. But I did notice a couple of the top stems have some leaves starting to turn over (see pictures). I think I gave them to much nutrients but like I said I new and still learning. So any insight or information that will help me along will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all

Attachments

• 741D6E43-B1BC-44D4-A317-2821F95F20A1.jpeg
    741D6E43-B1BC-44D4-A317-2821F95F20A1.jpeg
    765.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 98B41D52-B7FC-4B7A-989F-055B105D7A6B.jpeg
    98B41D52-B7FC-4B7A-989F-055B105D7A6B.jpeg
    756.4 KB · Views: 60
Your plants look fine but there getting heat stress from the looks of it. Why are the temps 90 degrees? Is the tent in a HOT garage or shed, or just an unconditioned home? What's your passive intake configuration? Are you exhausting outside, or recirculation?

P.S this isn't a nutrient problem, they look healthy and there isn't discoloration tipping of the leaves.

No they are in a upstairs bedroom in my house with the AC going the lights are up over 2.5 ft above plants. It doesn’t vent outside. I have a fan blowing in the room also to keep the warmer air moving out the door. It just showing a couple of the smaller leaves the rest of them seem to look fine. I am running it 20 hours of light 4 hours dark was thinking of dropping it down to 18-6 but like I said I’m new at this and still learning

I do also have two light going in the tent. They are viparspectra 300W LEDs. Not sure if having them both going is to much or if one will cover both plants

Are you using a 6" intake piping or 90 degree Elbow? I don't vent outside anymore since my location doesn't call for it and it's a waste of energy and or conditioned AIR.
This is what I use for my 2x4 and 2x2 Intakes.

Welcome to the fold we are a happy group because we love what we do.You came to the right place JC, the growers here are the most knowledgeable group you could hope for. Ask the right questions and provide the right information, this group will help you. We are all learning, some are working on Dr. degrees and others like me are still working on their GEDs no matter we are all one team and ready to help.

You are going to want to put that Carbon Scrubber inside the tent(2 straps is all you need, a couple bungee cords whatever u have) and either put the exhaust fan inside as well,or I prefer to put the fan on top of the tent outside of the growing space. You need to passively pull air into the tent by exhausting out of it if that makes sense. Also, with recirculation style, leave bedroom doors open if you can, you can close them if you have company or whatever for short periods of time. So, hang filter inside, connect hose from filter to fan(short piece of 4" hose) and put exhaust fan outside of tent(longer 4" hose should be on the exit of the 4" Fan) or inside if you have the room. Tent will run cooler if on top of tent. My 2x2 tent fan is inside the tent so it will fit(still runs cool temperatures). That tent is in a closet so no room to put it on the top of the tent.

I just uploaded this picture for a visual. I can't open the tent since lights are off, that being said, you should run 18/6 and start the lights at 8pm and shut them off from 2-8pm(Tent will run cooler and you will save money not running lights during peak energy hours).

Welcome to the fold we are a happy group because we love what we do.You came to the right place JC, the growers here are the most knowledgeable group you could hope for. Ask the right questions and provide the right information, this group will help you. We are all learning, some are working on Dr. degrees and others like me are still working on their GEDs no matter we are all one team and ready to help.
Thank you

You are going to want to put that Carbon Scrubber inside the tent(2 straps is all you need, a couple bungee cords whatever u have) and either put the exhaust fan inside as well,or I prefer to put the fan on top of the tent outside of the growing space. You need to passively pull air into the tent by exhausting out of it if that makes sense. Also, with recirculation style, leave bedroom doors open if you can, you can close them if you have company or whatever for short periods of time. So, hang filter inside, connect hose from filter to fan and put exhaust fan outside of tent or inside if you have the room. Tent will run cooler if on top of tent.
Thanks you appreciate the feedback

You could pull that hose out and put that whole setup inside the tent, and put the hose through the hole, there you go. What I mean is, your configuation looks fine, if you hang that setup inside the tent(just the way it is in the picture), and then put the 4" exit hose out of the tent from the inside, you should be good to go. You can use a 4" piece of hose for intake for now, but I would get a 6" elbow to keep the intake hole open.

Welcome Jcasey3488
You've got allof of exparince people here helping you.
Im gona follow along to see if i've got my tent setup correctly as well
Also, in my signature you can find some helpfull links for new members. From plant deffeciencies chart to how to create a journal and website tips. :hookah:

So this is what I saw this morning I’m pretty sure it’s nutrient burn...what do you all think...if so how do I fix it. This is a autoflower

Attachments

• 40B24CE1-FFF8-4460-A8C9-2913D02066E0.jpeg
    40B24CE1-FFF8-4460-A8C9-2913D02066E0.jpeg
    981.5 KB · Views: 45
If you’re talking about the slight yellowing, I’m thinking it’s just the new growth. I’m not sure if I see anything in the photo that would cause me any concern. If anything, just continue to monitor it. Take a photo each time you look to compare to the previous time, if you think it’s progressing give out a shout.

Ok...I get paranoid it’s my first grow and I don’t wanna ruin it. I attached a pic of the whole plant
post a picture of the whole plant under natural light. The colour of purples wont really show the members the true signs. it does look healthy tho!!

Back
Top Bottom