New growth yellowing and leaves tacoing

Terpygenetics

Ok so I just transplanted cuz I was having problems last week. Seemed to help I’ve had rapid growth since. I went from a soiless medium a organic pear moss. Too amended happy frog. I’m watering evrey 2-3 days depending on situation. New growth is highlighter yellow and leaves are tacoing. SMH. Any help or advise is appreciated!
image.jpg

There we go - now I can see pics! On leaf taco I’m thinking heat or light spacing. What’s your light distance and the temp at canopy level? Water every 2 to 3 days sounds kinda frequent for only a few nodes
The light is at 150 watts at 24” I was actually told to bring the light down. The temp is staying inbetween 79-83 and rh 58-70%.

I went from a soiless medium a organic pear moss. Too amended happy frog.
So you started the seed in organic peat moss and recently transplanted it into a gallon of FFHF with amendments? Was the peat moss just plain sphagnum peat moss or was it a peat-based mix like ProMix or Sunshine Mix? Seeds started in plain peat often show pH issues early on.

Also, what did you amend the Happy Frog with?

So you started the seed in organic peat moss and recently transplanted it into a gallon of FFHF with amendments? Was the peat moss just plain sphagnum peat moss or was it a peat-based mix like ProMix or Sunshine Mix? Seeds started in plain peat often show pH issues early on.

Also, what did you amend the Happy Frog with?
It was a seed starter soil with mother earth root down3-6-3 and super frass is a 2-2-2 and maybe used a qr of recommended.

288CDE77-24A9-4D03-95D4-7B56493591D2.jpeg

E02C8B4C-622D-4169-88E6-E112A263A6FF.jpeg

7067768F-50D7-4C73-B9AA-BF86C760B081.jpeg

3-6-3 is way too much phosphorus for any plant and adding the 2-2-2 moves you to 5-8-5. All too much for a plant with two nodes. Also 90% peat with added lime to balance the pH means there's a lot of lime in there (if they're successful in the pH adjusting), and lime has a lot of calcium in it.

Seems to me that the plant is getting a lot of what it doesn't need.

3-6-3 is way too much phosphorus for any plant and adding the 2-2-2 moves you to 5-8-5. All too much for a plant with two nodes. Also 90% peat with added lime to balance the pH means there's a lot of lime in there (if they're successful in the pH adjusting), and lime has a lot of calcium in it.

Seems to me that the plant is getting a lot of what it doesn't need.
Ok so there is nothing I can do about this? I was afraid that was the reason

Since it's all mixed in with the soil, if you're feeling confident you can try to gently move it to a new pot of straight FFHF. And since you just upcanned it four days ago there shouldn't be a lot of difficulty in getting it out of the amended Happy Frog.

Might even try shaking off some of the peat if it's not root bound. Be gentle and try not to damage any roots if you go that route.

When you repotted on the 4th, were the roots wrapped all around the peat? If not, the problem could just be that the roots haven't found their way out of the peat into the soil yet. I agree be gentle if you re-pot again, but the plant is young enough it should bounce right back as long as you don't crush or break the main stem.

Since it's all mixed in with the soil, if you're feeling confident you can try to gently move it to a new pot of straight FFHF. And since you just upcanned it four days ago there shouldn't be a lot of difficulty in getting it out of the amended Happy Frog.

Might even try shaking off some of the peat if it's not root bound. Be gentle and try not to damage any roots if you go that route.
When you repotted on the 4th, were the roots wrapped all around the peat? If not, the problem could just be that the roots haven't found their way out of the peat into the soil yet. I agree be gentle if you re-pot again, but the plant is young enough it should bounce right back as long as you don't crush or break the main stem.
Ok so if I don’t do it is there a chance the plants will die?

I'd say possibly. There's a chance it may grow though this, but it's obviously not happy right now when it should be building the base for all future growth.

Moving it to a new pot without disturbing the original peat should be easy if it was actually ready to be transplanted when you did.
The roots weren’t fully developed I had to transplant early because I was having a hard time with the seed starter. I think im going to leave them and just pop the other 3 I have just in case thanks guys. I guess I don’t have to worry about this problem again in the future.

If you're looking for an easy-to-use amendment nutrient, check out GeoFlora. They're a sponsor here and a lot of folks are having great success with it.

Two important points is to top dress in the solo cup when you see the first true leaves, and mix it into your transplant soil at least a week before you transplant into it. It takes some time to get active.

If you're looking for an easy-to-use amendment nutrient, check out GeoFlora. They're a sponsor here and a lot of folks are having great success with it.

Two important points is to top dress in the solo cup when you see the first true leaves, and mix it into your transplant soil at least a week before you transplant into it. It takes some time to get active.
What’s up bro? I was thinking can I water my plants with distilled water until the problem resolves?

Back
Top Bottom