New lights distance concerns

Jhuck

NFSOT , Hey guys , just got the rest of my supplemental lighting , so I had a spare Bloomspect 600 watt full spectrum led that I can hang over my seedlings. Before this I only had one massive mega light that was out at the grow site, which is not where I start seedlings, I start them at home so I can have people around watch them when I'm gone, so up till now I have only had an aerogarden light, which made no real difference.

So the manufacturer recommends 36-40 inches of distance from a seedling, I ran out of room to move it up, without making it hang all retarded , at 28 inches from the canopy of the tallest seedling. Hygrometer is reading seventy five degrees, and 48 % humidity. I tried holding my hand just above the canopy , and it did not feel warm at all, I have an oscillating fan about six feet away trained on them, what do y'all think? Think that will fly? Because I LOVE idea of them getting blue spectrum, and actual sunshine, but I do have a taller rack I can hang it from if necessary, just no windowsill :(

IMG_20210815_191225768.jpg

IMG_20210815_191212792.jpg

you should be ok at that distance.
i run my whole grow at 18 to 24 inches on strong led. i doubt that light is pulling 600 watts. depending on what it consumes you could probably drop it even. a dimmer would help immensely.

Thank you! And it says the actual power consumption is 400 watts, does that mean I should drop it?

400 watts is a pile. i was expecting more like 100w or so. those dual switch boxes use older emitters and are not very efficient but that still is fairly high.

your probably drawing half on one switch, which is gonna be pretty mild for the plants at 28 inches. you should be ok at 28 inches.

Awesome, thank you so much, and yes for some under a hundred dollar ones , it really looks like daytime at night in my windowsill running bloom only! I'm surprised, I snatched up 6 of them and four 100 watts for 200 bucks on marketplace!

Lady said that was all she ran for a large attic, and her grow pics looked amazing. They were slouching and bending towards the light before ,I had to prop the big one up with a twig and run the fan on low, they are standing up straight reaching out to it on their own already, and barely moving with the fan on high! ❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom