New member as of 8-27

nonnalv

I am a 61 yr. old. Smoked for recreation, in the past. Now I would like it for lower back pain. I do not want a strain that makes me hungry or tired. Any suggestions? I live in Nv. I can get legal. I am researching how to do this. Looks like I take my medical records to a reccomended Dr. and go from there. Any reccomendations on Drs. and dispensarys in Vegas?

:thanks:nonnalv

Re: New member as of 8-27.

Hey Nonnalv, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there...dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere, and I think you'll like it here!

I think what you are going to find with strains is that they effect everyone slightly differently. You can start reading about different strains to see how they have effected others and go from there, but it's probably going to take a little trial and error to find what works best for you.

Every strain has a different cannabinoid profile...most of the research I've found points to CBD (Cannabidiol) as the cannabinoid to look for when treating pain and inflammation. I've read that CBD also has a sedative effect, but whether or not it makes you sleepy is going to depend on the levels of THC and other cannabinoids present...they all play off each other. I'm not sure if that helps at all, but maybe it will get you started! :goodluck:

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering...you can win some really cool prizes!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started, and please feel free to ask if you need any help!

:Namaste:

I am a 61 yr. old. Smoked for recreation, in the past. Now I would like it for lower back pain. I do not want a strain that makes me hungry or tired. Any suggestions? I live in Nv. I can get legal. I am researching how to do this. Looks like I take my medical records to a reccomended Dr. and go from there. Any reccomendations on Drs. and dispensarys in Vegas?

:thanks:nonnalv

WELCOME. I agree that this is the best site going. I have been on every site I know of and the people here, are the best. I am going to be 60 this December, so I hear ya'. I gotta' agree that everyone is affected a bit differently. My wife never gets the munchies, I always do. You've got to experiment. As far as a Doctor's recommendation, most were scarred until a few years back. Prosecution made them stay away. I find that today, most doctor's have no problem with prescribing it. Look in the local entertainment newspapers that abound. Many doctors advertise there with prices too. You'll be fine. Ask questions before you grow, saves a lot of money and time...

8-27? are you a month ahead of your self?

welcome

I like Sweet Seeds - Carmel Cream and also Green Poison for body relaxation

Barneys - Vanilla Kush

and of course Dutch Passion - White Widow, the best I have smoked this century. Even if you just mix 1/3 to 1/2 with anything else it will make you not care about your pain.

Back
Top Bottom