New member, New room

Re: New member, New room.

hey beeman,, good luck on your grow!
looks like you have a good setup and once you figure out the details, gonna be growing great bud,,
as im just a rookie,i havent got the ventilation issue all quite figured out yet :cheesygrinsmiley:,

but from things i have read, it seems like, ya your right,, better to pull than push,, i have seen many setups like yours that had great harvests,,
ie: a fan mounted outside of box pulling air from garden through scrubber, through hood and out of box,,(thats how yours in now isn't it?),,
that's how i plan on doing mine when i get scrubber,, but im gonna need bigger fan when i do,,
but im interested in seeing what other more experienced growers here have to say about it too, so i can setup mine properly,,

I have my 429 cfm venting my lights. The intake is from outside the flowering room and the exhaust is pumped to another room. None of that air is exposed to the grow room air so no need for a filter. Then I have a 180 that pulls the air through the filter and exhausts outside the flowering room.. Two six inch booster fans for fresh air into the flowering room and another 4" that exhausts the warm air from the flowering room into the veg room..

Thanks Be IRIE, thats the easiest elxplination i have heard yet. makes perfect sense.+rep thanks so much for the help.. i am going to make a few mods to set it up like that although im pretty sure my room is smaller.

Hey beeman I just wanted to give you a visual idea. Here's my set up. The red arrow represents the air flow. The carbon filter will be in the upper left corner and it's 6" ducting will attach to the other flange on the left side of my Super Sun 2 reflector. And of course I'm also running a 440cfm fan as well which vents to the attic. You can get your grow room to reflect your ambient temps of the rest of your house by replacing the entire amount of air in the grow room in a matter of just minutes. Now how are you going to accomplish this???? By having enough CFM.
You want to always keep in mind with ducting, the less length and 90 degree turns it has the less of a draw on your fan it will produce.

IMG_00471.JPG

Thanks Dead for the visual, it helps alot. i have been to lazy to redo it yet today. but i did manage to get some pictures of the ladies vegging out. im concerned they are not getting enough light. i am thinking about putting up 1 more power strip with 6 more 100w CFL. any thoughts?
Room_019.jpg

Room_021.jpg

IMO another strip would be great, but you will elevate your temps most likely beyond the MJ's threshold..... Unless you could get the temps down and keep it in the mid to low 80's or even high 70's ;)

excellent point, i think its time for a trip to home depo and radio shaq to get this veg chamber correctley situiated. a few computer fans i think would be enough, dont you? last time i was at home depo i saw some sheetrock pannels that were 1.5'x1.5' i think i could construct something better than the cardboard box im using. what do you use?

last time i was at home depo i saw some sheetrock pannels that were 1.5'x1.5' i think i could construct something better than the cardboard box im using. what do you use?

I've seen some nice set ups here using panda film and pvc pipe and fittings. I think it would be relatively easy to make a small tent for vegging your 4 plants. You can get pvc at home depot and the panda film at a hydro store or online. You could also do the sheetrock and frame it with 2x2's. If you need stealth, there's all kinds of people here using computer cases, dressers and small utility cabinets made of particle board from Ikea or home depot. Also, You could probably find a suitable box like item at a yard sale for cheap. This could be anything from an old fridge to a steamer trunk. Just make sure to ventilate it well so your girls can get lots of fresh air.

Great info PotPie! Now I'm blessed with 3 other identical closets in my house so thats what I'll use 8'high x 23"deep and 36"wide. I got a 175cfm squirrel cage fan to circulate the air. I made a 6 socket set up for cfls. The bulbs are 43 watts and just over 1200 lumens each. I just see cardboard as a fire hazard but with cfls your pretty much safe.

OK i finished re-doing the ventilation.
Room_022.jpg

Room_023.jpg

Room_025.jpg

The ladies look a little sad to me, im pretty sure its this city water. im getting a ph meter this weekend. funds have just become extremeley more scarce.

Cool man, did your temps drop? With the city water letting it sit for a few days will help de-chloronate, man I'm kinda stoned and I can't spell heh heh.
Now your PH will still be all jacked up so a PH meter is needed at this point. Fyi Wal-Mart distilled water has a ph of about 5.7. 78 cents/gallon, now granted that ph is a little low but its a start.

temps came way down. is was a pretty cool day, but they are hoovering at about 2 degrees abouve the house temp, that seems pretty good. about 82-83. humidity is low though.

Way Cool!!!! It was cool today too, the highs hit 77 in my closet today, but of course my evap cooler is kicking on and off throughout the day. Now when your in low humidty areas like myself, RH hit 41% today. Thats not extremely low and actually hits within-in optimal, but I grew a g-13, northern lights#5 and hash plant hybrid when I used to live in the mountians of flagstaff and my RH only hit the high 20's and that was the best bud to this day I've ever smoked and plenty of it too!!!

MJ actually produces MORE trichomes in low humidity climates, yet growth is not as vigorous. Great work +rep if I haven't already given it to ya ;)

Ganja in the seedling and vegetative cycle of growth actually like higher humidity and in flower it likes lower humidity. The reason being, trichomes are used to help the plant from drying out, so trichome production is increased in a dry room rather then a humid one.

Wow im excited, i was talking to an old buddy of mine who has been growing for a while he said he had some purple erkle and cheeze clones that were underpreformers and was getting ready to trash. i told him not to throw them away and i would come pick them up. here they are i am going to start flowering tomorrow. so i guess i will have to find a new spot to veg the little stranded clones somewhere.
Room_026.jpg

Room_027.jpg

Back
Top Bottom