New Rice Filtered Small Glass Pipe

OldViper

I bought this new kind of glass pipe that uses white rice as a replaceable filtering agent. It's about 4" long, has an end cap at the bowl end for portability and there is a hole for a straw for a cooler smoke. It's called the RicePipe. Has anyone else seen one of these or had any experience with using rice as a filter? My camera and webcam are broken but I found this picture on their site to give you an idea what it looks like. The glass is clear, it smokes coolly, burns herb slowly and the rice absorbs a lot of tar.

RicePipe.jpg

I Googled RicePipe but I just found thousands of pages about those fart-cans that kids put on their Hondas/etc. to pretend that they're not slug-slow.

Got any more pictures? Name of the manufacturer? Does the rice ever get moist and swell up?

Looks kind of neat and I guess you could use a little plastic filler on that hole in the side of the mouthpiece if desired.

Thanks for your responses. Sorry for the late reply. ;)

I don't have any more pictures right now but will post some as soon as I can borrow a camera. There is video on YouTube, the channel name is TheRicePipe. The video is also on their website at ricepipe.com that will show up on Google if you type in TheRicePipe using one word. Those rice pipe exhaust devices for cars are annoying just to see without hearing!

The pipe has been working well. It makes herb last longer because it burns slowly and the rice makes the smoke milder. I like that there is no metal bowl and you can see when the glass needs to be cleaned. Cleaning the pipe and replacing the rice is easy. I change it every couple of days but it t depends on how much you smoke of course. The rice does get black and sticky and maybe it swells up a bit. You can put your finger over the hole in the mouthpiece or leave it open for more air so you could put a plastic plug in it if you wanted. It holds more than one hit, you can put maybe 1/2 gram or so in it and the location of the filter inside the pipe can be adjusted back and forth to give more room for herb at the front smoking end. It's simple yet effective and seems like it will last a long time as the glass is heat proof and thick.

Back
Top Bottom