New Sponsor: Dr. Seeds From Canada

the only thing that does not arrive out of the over 100 online purchases that I make every year, that gets to me without problems, just happened to be untracked weed seeds.

I've always received the seeds or - once - the letter. But I've had stuff not arrive that I knew was sent, mostly "mail type mail," but a couple of packages, too. I attributed some to local thievery because I later found some of my junk mail along the road. But I've no idea about the rest.

I also end up being the final link in the chain for a few packages and IDK how many random envelopes/magazines/etc. every year, because they wind up in my mailbox instead of the correct neighbors'. But, hey, at least my local mail carriers (there are several, must be an orphan route) try, I guess. Every year, there are a few articles/reports about postal carriers who get caught, one way or the other, either disposing of mail items they were supposed to deliver or with garages/homes so full of the stuff that they qualify as hoarders. And then there's all the stuff that ends up in the USPS' Mail Recovery Center (used to be known as the dead letter office). I don't have more recent statistics, but in 2011, that amounted to 53.4 million items. And it was over 90 million in 2006. I think it's the only place they can (legally) open people's mail without having credible suspicion of a crime (so they can attempt to find intended recipient information). They managed to eventually deliver 43% of that (in 2011), recycled a lot of the rest, gave some to charity... and hold huge auctions each month. Those things got so big that they stopped doing in-person auctions and went to the online auction model. I think "GovtDeals" is the entity that handles that.

In other words, shit... really does happen. The USPS delivered 143 billion pieces of mail last year, so - assuming that both the 2019 delivery and 2011 MRC statistics are typical - then the odds are still quite low (like four hundredths of a percent) that any one item will ever end up in the MRC, though. Statistics on the number of items that get stolen or thrown away by asshole postal employees, mis-delivered and kept by the person who ended up receiving them, and just "lost without a trace" are, of course, impossible to calculate. And I didn't bother to look up statistics for other package carriers (UPS, FedEx, etc.). I also forgot to try to figure out what the estimate is for foreign-source mail/packages that appear to enter one of our ISC complexes and somehow vanish from there.

and you try to claim it's an imaginary roommate.

It was probably suggested as a possibility.

It's amazing how buying a few ads here will make some here to contort themselves into making excuses for strangers. Some like you even jump into months old threads to defend them.

it did not "disappear" on my end.

Obviously; had it gotten all the way to "your end," it wouldn't have disappeared, lol - it would have been delivered (to the intended recipient).

Why are you even resurrecting this?

Slow reader, maybe ;) . I give the person credit for not immediately jumping to the very last page of a thread. When that happens, we get questions that have already been answered in the same thread (often multiple times). Or, as with what the rep for The Vault had to deal with earlier this year, a bunch of people attempting to enter contests long after they'd already been concluded and the prizes sent out. Which was funny the first couple of times it happened, then sad, and then merely annoying.

DISCLAIMER: I had an issue with this sponsor early on (but that's water under the bridge). I have never ordered from the business, although I suppose I'd be willing to consider them IF I had room in my budget for cannabis seed purchases and was looking for house-brand strains. And I am no one's bitch - although I do try to give the benefit of the doubt, at least initially.

I've always received the seeds or - once - the letter. But I've had stuff not arrive that I knew was sent, mostly "mail type mail," but a couple of packages, too. I attributed some to local thievery because I later found some of my junk mail along the road. But I've no idea about the rest.

I also end up being the final link in the chain for a few packages and IDK how many random envelopes/magazines/etc. every year, because they wind up in my mailbox instead of the correct neighbors'. But, hey, at least my local mail carriers (there are several, must be an orphan route) try, I guess. Every year, there are a few articles/reports about postal carriers who get caught, one way or the other, either disposing of mail items they were supposed to deliver or with garages/homes so full of the stuff that they qualify as hoarders. And then there's all the stuff that ends up in the USPS' Mail Recovery Center (used to be known as the dead letter office). I don't have more recent statistics, but in 2011, that amounted to 53.4 million items. And it was over 90 million in 2006. I think it's the only place they can (legally) open people's mail without having credible suspicion of a crime (so they can attempt to find intended recipient information). They managed to eventually deliver 43% of that (in 2011), recycled a lot of the rest, gave some to charity... and hold huge auctions each month. Those things got so big that they stopped doing in-person auctions and went to the online auction model. I think "GovtDeals" is the entity that handles that.

In other words, shit... really does happen. The USPS delivered 143 billion pieces of mail last year, so - assuming that both the 2019 delivery and 2011 MRC statistics are typical - then the odds are still quite low (like four hundredths of a percent) that any one item will ever end up in the MRC, though. Statistics on the number of items that get stolen or thrown away by asshole postal employees, mis-delivered and kept by the person who ended up receiving them, and just "lost without a trace" are, of course, impossible to calculate. And I didn't bother to look up statistics for other package carriers (UPS, FedEx, etc.). I also forgot to try to figure out what the estimate is for foreign-source mail/packages that appear to enter one of our ISC complexes and somehow vanish from there.

It was probably suggested as a possibility.

It's amazing how buying a few ads here will make some here to contort themselves into making excuses for strangers. Some like you even jump into months old threads to defend them.

Obviously; had it gotten all the way to "your end," it wouldn't have disappeared, lol - it would have been delivered (to the intended recipient).

Slow reader, maybe ;) . I give the person credit for not immediately jumping to the very last page of a thread. When that happens, we get questions that have already been answered in the same thread (often multiple times). Or, as with what the rep for The Vault had to deal with earlier this year, a bunch of people attempting to enter contests long after they'd already been concluded and the prizes sent out. Which was funny the first couple of times it happened, then sad, and then merely annoying.

DISCLAIMER: I had an issue with this sponsor early on (but that's water under the bridge). I have never ordered from the business, although I suppose I'd be willing to consider them IF I had room in my budget for cannabis seed purchases and was looking for house-brand strains. And I am no one's bitch - although I do try to give the benefit of the doubt, at least initially.
I just do not understand how someone is trying to help a sponsor out by resurrecting an issue that was put to bed months ago.
It only raises unneeded questions in a potential buyer's mind; I just received a tin of Girl Scout Cookies from them just yesterday and they are going into soil popped or unpopped on Friday because I've got a 3-day music festival to head to (with a quart of GG#4 top buds; if it was not on the end of the branch and larger than my thumb, it did not go in the jar).
I'm a repeat customer who, like you, had issues but there is no need to rehash the issues.

Have fun at the festival!
At the last one, the soundman (set up in the middle of the crowd) had his own personal bong.
It might not be "legal" in Iowa but it will be there. Hopefully, the headshop tent will be there and I can buy pre-made cones to fill. :ganjamon:
Heck in Iowa we have this festival and just 10 miles away from my house we have a different one on Saturday that's a heavy metal one. That one will have the popo lurking around so it won't be as wide open until it gets dark out.

I no longer go to concerts and festivals. If I turn the music up to the level at which I can hear it, well, I hope the neighbors like a combination of good rock & roll, 50+ year old country, and baroque/classical. I went to way too many in my younger days (plus, there was that whole "industrial noise" thing). I read that Ted Nugent once did a gig somewhere in Kansas, if I remember correctly, and the police got noise complaint calls in a town 12 miles away. Things probably haven't quieted down substantially since then. Are you performing at the festival, or there to hear others?

I hope everything goes well from seed to harvest with your Dr. Seeds Girl Scout Cookies.

I no longer go to concerts and festivals. If I turn the music up to the level at which I can hear it, well, I hope the neighbors like a combination of good rock & roll, 50+ year old country, and baroque/classical. I went to way too many in my younger days (plus, there was that whole "industrial noise" thing). I read that Ted Nugent once did a gig somewhere in Kansas, if I remember correctly, and the police got noise complaint calls in a town 12 miles away. Things probably haven't quieted down substantially since then. Are you performing at the festival, or there to hear others?

I hope everything goes well from seed to harvest with your Dr. Seeds Girl Scout Cookies.
To hear others. Dead Line String Band hosts with Arkansas, Grassfed. Julian Davis and the Situation is the headliner.
This is "part #1" with #2 in September.
Hopefully Schwag will be there then.
Look up "Schwagstock festival DEA raid" to get an idea who headlines that band. They were there last year.

Im running a dr seeds now and im happy so far
IMG_20200615_172149.jpg
IMG_20200615_171733.jpg
IMG_20200409_194049.jpg

Hello everyone, this is Rebecca from Dr. Seeds. I am your Customer Service agent.
For those of you who do not know Dr. Seeds, we are a Seedbank from Canada. We sell a wide range of Feminized, Autoflowering and CBD strains in collectible tins.
Dr. Seeds has a good deal for 420 Magazine followers. You can get 3 strains for the price of 2. Here is the link to the page. If you are considering ordering from us, please take time to read our return policy. Specifically note that while we guarantee delivery, we do not guarantee germination. We don't have a problem with germination issues typically and receive a lot of positive feedback every week about our genetics and customer success, but we believe in transparency and want new customers to know what our return policy is so there is no misunderstandings after an order.
We hope to hear from you soon. We will be sending some current customers to this website to post some pictures soon so that you can get to know us better by hearing from people who have tried out seeds already.
If you have any questions you can email me directly at rebecca@drseeds.net.

Howdy Rebecca,

I've ordered from Dr Seeds a couple times now. At first, great results, but I ordered a lot of seeds earlier this year and have had very bad results. I have been germinating seeds for almost 2 decades now, so I'm pretty confident in my methods. I totally understand that sometimes you just get bum seeds, but I'm more concerned with the response I got when I inquired on the dr seeds website.

Out of the last 40 seeds I've put in the propagator, barely over half have germinated. Each time, I've started 5 of one strain and 5 of another and each time, 1 entire strain is just dead seeds and the other strain performs well. Exact same environment.

I am registered on the site, so I opened a ticket starting out with "I have read that you don't guarantee germination, but this track record is breaking my bank..." and I got a snippy response, "We don't guarantee germination", and they closed the ticket. They did also offer me a $55 credit, but ignored my question about the hidden 3for2 deal. That deal wasn't advertised at all on the site when I ordered, but I found it later on this forum and was not thrilled that I could have saved a bunch if I'd played the game properly.

I feel that considering the bad track record of your seeds recently, plus the discount I feel I should have had automatically applied, that $55 was not even close to making this right. Is there anything you can do?

Hi, I’m sorry if you found our response “snippy”. Another way to look at it might be “concise”. A matter of perspective I guess. I apologize if you felt offended. Your email to us was not exactly the friendliest either.
You complained that you had some issues with germination. Like many seedbanks we do not have a germination guarantee. Some seedbanks will not even discuss germination because legally they aren’t allowed to sell seeds intended to be germinated. That’s their official line anyway. We did offer a credit for the full replacement value of one tin of seeds.
As far as the 3 for 2 special, we cancelled that promotion ironically for the exact reason you are complaining about here. We felt it was not fair if someone did not know about a promotion. What we did is change the promotion so discounts get automatically applied. This has been the case for many weeks now. It is advertised on the landing page of our website.
Our policy is we do not retroactively go back in time and apply promotions. I’m sorry about this but I don’t think it’s unusual. Would any retailer do that? You wouldn't go into Walmart and tell them the jeans you just bought were on sale 6 months ago and get mad because they aren’t in sale today.
We are always trying to make out business better and more fair. We offered you the full replacement value of a tin of seeds, plus we have actually changed our promotion to make it more fair and universal prior to your complaint about it. As far as being “snippy” all I can say is we get a lot of emails and we are short staffed and are trying to answer people as quickly as possible and sometimes need to get right to the point.
I’m sorry if you had a bad experience. I’d invite you to use your store credit and try our seeds again.
P.S. I will admit that although we made the 3 for 2 into an automatic discount to be more fair, we are guilty of having a “secret sale” still for 420 members regarding the free herb grinder. If you scroll to the bottom of the site you can find out how to get a free herb grinder $50 value.

Huh. I thought their years started/ended in March.

The rep still has a sponsor title. Maybe the removal of the banner and link from the forum sponsors page was done in error. <SHRUGS> If not, then a staff member must not have had time to lock the rep's account and change its title.

They expired 09-14-20 and did not renew.

They sent us a few batches of Girl Scout Cookies that we gave to 3 different growers.

All of them either never sprouted, sprouted funny or hermied.

Title has been changed and we'll go ahead and close this out now.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom